What's new

Goodbye DWill

Yeah, I remember about 6 years ago everyone praising the Jazz getting Kirk Snyder, because he finally was the athletic strong dynamic wing the Jazz had been looking for for ages.

That worked out well. Then again, NBA players are made by fan reaction so I'm amazed it didn't turn out better for him.

A lot of Kirk Snyder's fame came from playing no one in his small college conference then having an outstanding tournament which got the attention of NBA scouts and GMs. Sound familiar? It should. If Hayward's team doesn't go far in the NCAA tournament, I doubt this pick happens. However, beware of falling in love with the tournament hero. Adam Morrison, Luke Jackson, JJ Redick, and Scott Padgett were some real famous ones.

A lot of Kirk Snyder's fame came from playing no one in his small college conference then having an outstanding tournament which got the attention of NBA scouts and GMs. Sound familiar? It should. If Hayward's team doesn't go far in the NCAA tournament, I doubt this pick happens. However, beware of falling in love with the tournament hero. Adam Morrison, Luke Jackson, JJ Redick, and Scott Padgett were some real famous ones.

I'm not even in love with the pick. I'd rather have seen the Jazz get Henry or Patterson or Babbit myself. But this stupid knee jerk reaction here is just asinine, especially when the guy hasn't played a minute of NBA ball.

Not to mention some of those guys weren't just tournament darlings. Jackson was a 1st team all-American player at Oregon. Reddick was a national player of the year. Morrison was a Wooden Award finalist. Granted I know all of that doesn't translate into NBA success, but they had other accolades than just getting hot at tourney time.

Last edited:
me-so-holy.jpg

Yeah, I remember about 6 years ago everyone praising the Jazz getting Kirk Snyder, because he finally was the athletic strong dynamic wing the Jazz had been looking for for ages.

That worked out well. Then again, NBA players are made by fan reaction so I'm amazed it didn't turn out better for him.

It wasn't just the fans who thought Synder was a good pick. Remember the experts gave the Jazz an A. The experts should do a better job than the fans because they get to talk and work out the players while fans go by games and what they hear on the internet. The fans have a right to be upset that the Jazz did nothing else in this draft while other organizations TRIED to get better. Who knows if Opie will be any good but he certainly does not fill a need for the Jazz. Getting another SF who can't shoot and lacks athleticism gets really old especially when the team needs size. That is why many of us are upset and disappointed. I will give Hayward a chance if he surprises me but I am still upset that KOC couldn't make any deals to get a big man. It seems making deals isn't that hard for teams like OKC, Portland, Minnesota, Memphis etc.

I am ready for the Kevin Pritchard era in Utah. I know it will never happen because Utah never fires anyone regardless of their performance.

Last edited:
Deron will be thrilled to be playing alongside the paper bagging second coming of Larry Bird.
He's here to stay!

What's up Brook? According to many people Deron was actually a big fan of Hayward (although im sure he would've said that about anyone). My mom thinks Hayward looks like the kid from "The Sixth Sense". If only he could play with that type of intensity..."Lakers??!? I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!"

We can thank the effort Deron gave, but with the FO selecting Gordon B. Hinckley...I mean Gordon F. Hayward with the 9th overall pick in the 2010 draft, we have waited 6 years for this...KOC good job for showing Deron the door out of this state and off this team... say hello to the Las Vegas Jazz. I can't believe what I have just witnessed tonight, no more hype for the draft especially with the Jazz.

Dear guy from the other side of the web,

I'm going to go Vinylone on your ***. Please, I beg you, delete your account. It is evident from your post that you are not a Jazz fan. Also, you must be a woman. Why do I say that? Because you bitch a lot. Maybe you can become a fan of the Timberwolves who drafted 3 sf's and traded for one.

Ok, bye

Archie Moses

If Deron leaves it's because we let good players go (Boozer, Brewer, Maynor) and got nothing in return for them. I can't believe the idiocy of this board. You guys want us to blow up the team, and make Deron walk. But you only whine and b*tch about it because we didn't take your guy.

Repeat after me this pick has little to do with Deron staying or going. He's not staying in Utah because we took Greg Monroe, Ed Davis or Cole Aldrich. Like they're franchise saving picks.

What's up Brook? According to many people Deron was actually a big fan of Hayward (although im sure he would've said that about anyone). My mom thinks Hayward looks like the kid from "The Sixth Sense". If only he could play with that type of intensity..."Lakers??!? I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!"

So we're going to call him Hayward Joel Osment?