What's new

Gordon Hayward in at #10 on NBA.com MVP Race

Kia Race to the MVP Ladder: Gordon Hayward raises his play (and that of Jazz, too)

Steady, solid work has paved Utah's go-to guy emergence as bonafide All-Star, superstar

Sekou Smith NBA.com
February 10th, 2017

https://www.nba.com/article/2017/02...ward-surges-leader-jazz?collection=mvp-ladder

I was going to use this post to bump the previous thread I made, but I thought it deserved its own thread. Hayward got a whole piece dedicated to him and it was on the Kia Race to the MVP Ladder part of NBA.com of all places. As the thread title states Hayward gets dubbed a bonafide All-Star and superstar. Hayward is now getting tons of national attention and could end up on an All-NBA team which will only help us to re-sign him. I'm so ****ing giddy this is amazing and I hope it shows Hayward that he is and can continue to be a superstar in Utah.

Great article here.

Kia Race to the MVP Ladder: Gordon Hayward raises his play (and that of Jazz, too)

Steady, solid work has paved Utah's go-to guy emergence as bonafide All-Star, superstar

Sekou Smith NBA.com
February 10th, 2017

https://www.nba.com/article/2017/02...ward-surges-leader-jazz?collection=mvp-ladder

I was going to use this post to bump the previous thread I made, but I thought it deserved its own thread. Hayward got a whole piece dedicated to him and it was on the Kia Race to the MVP Ladder part of NBA.com of all places. As the thread title states Hayward gets dubbed a bonafide All-Star and superstar. Hayward is now getting tons of national attention and could end up on an All-NBA team which will only help us to re-sign him. I'm so ****ing giddy this is amazing and I hope it shows Hayward that he is and can continue to be a superstar in Utah.

Read this.

9. Gordon Hayward, Utah Jazz
Last week: No. 10

Now that his first All-Star Game experience is in the rear-view mirror, Hayward can get back to the more important business of helping the Jazz nab homecourt advantage for a first-round playoff series. Getting guard Rodney Hood back from injury tonight against Milwaukee (8 ET, NBA LEAGUE PASS) will no doubt aid in that cause. But make no mistake, Hayward has to lead the way from here on out (20.8 points, 3.4 rebounds, 3.2 assists, 1.2 steals in his last five games).

Hayward moved up into #9 today. The people who still say that he isn't a star continue to look dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I still question whether he's good enough to be the top dog on a true contender. He's improved every year, so maybe he'll reach that level in a few years? As it stands now, I'd still say he's too easily quieted by elite defenses.

Number 2 or 3 on a championship team in my eyes. Most likely a number 3. A glue type guy who's an all star but not a top dog. He doesn't take over games often enough to be a top dog on a championship team.

Number 2 or 3 on a championship team in my eyes. Most likely a number 3. A glue type guy who's an all star but not a top dog. He doesn't take over games often enough to be a top dog on a championship team.

Right, but who does?

Curry, Durant, Bron, Harden, Russ...not a lot of those guys out there.

Right, but who does?

Curry, Durant, Bron, Harden, Russ...not a lot of those guys out there.

Didn't say there were a lot of them out there. They are hard to come by. But yeah those guys are top dogs on championship level teams. I like Gordon but he's not quite that type of player.

Hayward could be the lead dog on a Mavs or Pistons like championship team. But yea, he's a tier below 'those' players who single handedly win championships.

Gordon can be the best player on a championship team (duh, there's been teams who've won with worse players leading the charge) but depth and health and consistency are very huge here.

If Exum continues to develop, Favors hits 2016-era production, Rudy doesn't fall off, Joe and JJ continue their level of play, Trey learns how to shoot again, Hood stays healthy & consistent, and Burks provides some sort of boost? We'll make it to the WCF, which is as much as we can ask.

Hayward could be the lead dog on a Mavs or Pistons like championship team. But yea, he's a tier below 'those' players who single handedly win championships.

which is fine, because it's hard to name players who've won championships with out any other HOFers on their roster. Jordan had Pippen, and (later) Rodman with Kukoc potentially getting in there at some point. Jordan retired and the Bulls had a narrow difference in their next season's win total, despite the earlier playoff exit. Lebron is the closest example we have to a one-man-wrecking crew, but even he had to surround himself with hall of famers and perennial all-stars. We all saw what Kobe did without Shaq and Pau (nothing). Hakeem is the only modern example I can think of an all-time great carrying rags to the championship. Pistons were a team of depth, where it was hard to pin the importance of Sheed over Rip or Chauncey over Big Ben. Dirk still had a HOFer on his roster, but he similarly just had a well-oiled, well-coached machine fuelled by the good play of dope veterans like Matrix and Jet and Kidd and Chandler.

Gordon can be the best player on a championship team (duh, there's been teams who've won with worse players leading the charge) but depth and health and consistency are very huge here.

If Exum continues to develop, Favors hits 2016-era production, Rudy doesn't fall off, Joe and JJ continue their level of play, Trey learns how to shoot again, Hood stays healthy & consistent, and Burks provides some sort of boost? We'll make it to the WCF, which is as much as we can ask.

also, I want to re-iterate this-- people are sleeping the **** on Hayward right now. He's somehow even better than he was at the start of this season, and the mother-****er is likely going to be even better next season. The Jazz can NOT let him go. Boston will go to the Finals if Hayward joins that roster next season.

also, I want to re-iterate this-- people are sleeping the **** on Hayward right now. He's somehow even better than he was at the start of this season, and the mother-****er is likely going to be even better next season. The Jazz can NOT let him go. Boston will go to the Finals if Hayward joins that roster next season.
He is worth every cent of the biggest possible contract we can give him. And we should be thrilled if he'd honor us by signing it.

Hayward only 26 with a very reasonable number of minutes on his body.

MXaLbQk.gif

I don't know. The Mavericks had Dirk who was still at the back end of his prime when the Mavs won in 2011. And he went off in several games in those playoffs. 48 in game one of the WCF, 40 in game 4, game winning basket in game 4 of the Finals, and so on. And the Pistons had Mr. Big Shot Chauncey Billups who was insanely clutch. I like Hayward but I don't know if he can go off like those guys or be as clutch.

No one single handedly wins a ring. Ironically if you had to name a team that was closest to that, it would probably be Dirk when won it with the Mavs.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app