What's new

Gordon Hayward trade.

da ThRONe

The idea of trading Hayward has been floating around the board centered around the Celtics and their number 3 pick. What if the deal that's there to be made involves not only the Celtics, but also the Raptors? What about something like this

Jazz trade- G. Hayward, T. Lyles, and 12th pick
Jazz get- K. Lowry, and J. Crowder

Raptors trade- K. Lowry and J. Valanciunas
Raptors get- A. Johnson, M. Smart, K. Olynyk, T. Lyles, 3rd pick, 12th pick, Nets 1st rd 2017 pick, Celtics 1st rd pick 2017.

Celtics trade- A. Johnson, J. Crowder, 3rd pick, 2017 Nets 1st rd., and 2017 Celtics 1st rd
Celtics get- G. Hayward and J. Valancinas

https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gu4hqrb

Jazz- gets the best player in the trade and at a position of need and a good cheap replace for Hayward. Not sure if Lowry gives the Jazz the "star power" need to advance this roster deep into the playoffs but he's better than Hayward and is a two time All-star so it's a start.

Raptors- GM Ujiri is likely to watch his Raptors get swept in the ECF's. If the light bulb goes off in his head that this teams window is close as long as the Cavs are open. Hitting the reset button now makes prefect sense with Derozan likely gone. He built up the good will to usher in a rebuild and he get's 3 lottery picks this year alone to help foster that reset.

Celtics- Selling off 2 of the big 3 at just the right time puts the C's in position to be buyers this off season. So they cash in those assets to bring in Hayward, and Valancinas to pair with Thomas. These parts should puts this team in position to challenge the Cavs for the East.

The idea of trading Hayward has been floating around the board centered around the Celtics and their number 3 pick. What if the deal that's there to be made involves not only the Celtics, but also the Raptors? What about something like this

Raptors get- A. Johnson, M. Smart, K. Olynyk, T. Lyles, 3rd pick, 12th pick, Nets 1st rd 2017 pick, Celtics 1st rd pick 2017.

Celtics trade- A. Johnson, J. Crowder, 3rd pick, 2017 Nets 1st rd., and 2017 Celtics 1st rd

Jazz- gets the best player in the trade and at a position of need and a good cheap replace for Hayward. Not sure if Lowry gives the Jazz the "star power" need to advance this roster deep into the playoffs but he's better than Hayward and is a two time All-star so it's a start.

Raptors- GM Ujiri is likely to watch his Raptors get swept in the ECF's. If the light bulb goes off in his head that this teams window is close as long as the Cavs are open. Hitting the reset button now makes prefect sense with Derozan likely gone. He built up the good will to usher in a rebuild and he get's 3 lottery picks this year alone to help foster that reset.

Celtics- Selling off 2 of the big 3 at just the right time puts the C's in position to be buyers this off season. So they cash in those assets to bring in Hayward, and Valancinas to pair with Thomas. These parts should puts this team in position to challenge the Cavs for the East.
Do we get a good draft pick too?
Is Kyle Lowry better than Gordon Hayward?
I think it's definitely a debatable conversation but imo hayward is better. Just my opinion and it might be cause I'm a jazz fan.

If we don't get that #3 pick (I don't see us getting it in the op) then I hate this trade.
I believe lyles is/will be better than crowder, Hayward is and will continue to be (He is younger I think) better than lowry, and we give away our draft pick without getting one back?

No thanks. Include that #3 pick and I think I do it.

Ehh, doesn't do enough for me to bother with it. I do think Lowry would be better for us than Hayward (slim margin) and Crowder is certainly solid. But giving up Lyles and #12 limits where else we can grow greatly. I think it improves us in the immediate, but not enough so to be worth doing (still clearly below GS/SAS/OKC/LAC in the west). May as well grow organically and give us a higher shot at a homerun (Lyles/#12) and move into the back half of the playoffs anyway.

If we don't get that #3 pick (I don't see us getting it in the op) then I hate this trade.
I believe lyles is/will be better than crowder, Hayward is and will continue to be (He is younger I think) better than lowry, and we give away our draft pick without getting one back?

No thanks. Include that #3 pick and I think I do it.

Hayward is 26, Lowry is 30

Ehh, doesn't do enough for me to bother with it. I do think Lowry would be better for us than Hayward (slim margin) and Crowder is certainly solid. But giving up Lyles and #12 limits where else we can grow greatly. I think it improves us in the immediate, but not enough so to be worth doing (still clearly below GS/SAS/OKC/LAC in the west). May as well grow organically and give us a higher shot at a homerun (Lyles/#12) and move into the back half of the playoffs anyway.

I think like most trades there will be some give and take. I could definitely see the Jazz wanting to keep Lyles. I think with all purpose trades the key is to focus on the main pieces. As I'm sure there's plenty of back and forward on the details before trades are final.

If you trade for Lowry your giving up on Dante and Lowry doesn't fit the timetable. Also, Lowry has not been very good in the playoffs... Sure you want him? You must not think much of Hayward if you do this trade and didn't Trey Lyles impress you enough in his rookie season that you are excited about what he could grow into.. He's very talented offensively at his size.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Lowry has not been very good in the playoffs.

I was waiting for someone to post this. I would slightly disagree. He hasn't just been "not very good" his shooting had been Burke-like. Absolutely no interest in this at all.