What's new

Grayson Allen Apology Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 848
  • Start date
I'm using the largest possible sample size of him playing NBA games. How is that cherry picking?

the majority of data on him is derived from 2-5 min spurts of mostly garbage time over a span of him only playing in 38 of 82 games this season. that is absolutely too little of data to glean from to claim him to be TERRIBLE despite you claiming it to be the "largest possible sample size". GTFOH.

Am I supposed to trust fan's subjective judgements over the limited statistical data I do have? Seems unreasonable to me. My eye test supports the data. He has looks horrific out there to me. He had a couple games where he hit some shots. Granted. But, his floor game was awful IMHO. The difference between him and Neto was like night and day to my eye. Neto actually helped the Jazz in his limited minutes, Allen just demolished us with his turnovers, ole defense, and breaking plays.

But, I guess you folks see things differently. That's fine. Different eyes see different things. It's quite subjective. That's why I present the objective data to avoid relying on our individual biases.

Am I supposed to trust fan's subjective judgements over the limited statistical data I do have? Seems unreasonable to me. My eye test supports the data. He has looks horrific out there to me. He had a couple games where he hit some shots. Granted. But, his floor game was awful IMHO. The difference between him and Neto was like night and day to my eye. Neto actually helped the Jazz in his limited minutes, Allen just demolished us with his turnovers, ole defense, and breaking plays.

But, I guess you folks see things differently. That's fine. Different eyes see different things. It's quite subjective. That's why I present the objective data to avoid relying on our individual biases.

My first thought is don’t confuse “you folks” with one poster.

we have to agree to disagree, b/c eye test lately and even games since just before and since allstar break show clear improvement on both O and D which is the premise of my point despite your precious data. he looks like a completely different player in the latter quarter of this season compared to the first half of the season. that is obvious to anyone who is watching games. i don't believe for 1 second that you have watched every single game as I and others clearly have. goodnight, i'll no longer engage with you on this topic.

why do people always respond like that when it comes to comparisons? did i say he will have a hall of fame career? no. does he compare stylistically to ginobili? yes.
Nah, not even stylistically. Manu had one of the highest IQ I've ever seen. He saw things before they unfolded. Elite playmaker. Bag full of tricks that no experience will ever teach you. Amazing competitor, great defender. We may not see another 'Manu' for a decade.

Allen is still finding his game. Not even fair to put him in the same sentence than Manu, not even for a stylistic comparison.

Grayson's team defense is pretty bad. Almost every time he's on the floor, at least once, he's late on a defensive switch or a rotation. You'll notice this because he's often seen running frantically to a spot due to a missed assignment fully realizing he's about to get his *** yanked from the game by Quin. It's actually kind of funny. I guess he'll learn.

So I just watched a guy that was a 4 year collage player (like Grayson), Averaged 5 PPG his rookie year (same as Grayson), and was a poor defender (numbers about the same as Grayson) . His name is CJ McCollum.
You never know how a player is going to develop once in the NBA. Joe Ingles says Hi.

Nah, not even stylistically. Manu had one of the highest IQ I've ever seen. He saw things before they unfolded. Elite playmaker. Bag full of tricks that no experience will ever teach you. Amazing competitor, great defender. We may not see another 'Manu' for a decade.

Allen is still finding his game. Not even fair to put him in the same sentence than Manu, not even for a stylistic comparison.

i disagree, and i'm not the first person i've seen/read compare him to manu stylistically, but fair argument from you.