What's new

Harden's stepback travel on full blast, nearing a million views.

If it happened earlier in the game it would be somewhat funny how trash these nba refs are but at the point in this game that this occurred its infuriating. I watched a short documentary on Tim Donaghy and I believe everything he says.

I want them to come out and say it was a gather to a step back. The gather rule makes no sense to me and the fact he has exploited this and other rules so hard is frustrating... what is the difference between a gather to a step back and when Rudy’s gathering to go up for a shot and his pivot foot moves... like how is a pivot not established in both cases.

I do hope they feel really dumb today but I secretly hope they triple down and say “no not a travel”.

Harden's step-back looks so instinctually suspect that I think referees have trained to ignore it and have created a special exemption in their minds for his footwork -- and I think this no-call is a product of that exemption.

If I were Jazz owner I would publicly rip these refs to shreds. I could care less if it would be 100-150k fine. This is absolutely disgusting display of incompetence by refs and it needs to be punished. Enough is enough somebody needs to stand for the purity of the game.

Harden's step-back looks so instinctually suspect that I think referees have trained to ignore it and have created a special exemption in their minds for his footwork -- and I think this no-call is a product of that exemption.

Which is the real problem imo... same thing with his foul calls... its just such a bad look for the league. I'm telling you... if I was a ref I would have to without a doubt see the foul every time on him... he makes those guys look so dumb.

Quit rewarding the theatrics and the theatrics will stop. It'll take a little time. But it'll stop. If a guy is fouled and ludicrously exaggerates the contact, no call. If a guy exaggerates no contact, no call. Of course, this is easier said than done. The game is fast-paced. Officiating is really difficult.

I'd prefer to see better replay review options and a coach's challenge option implemented.

Quit rewarding the theatrics and the theatrics will stop. It'll take a little time. But it'll stop. If a guy is fouled and ludicrously exaggerates the contact, no call. If a guy exaggerates no contact, no call. Of course, this is easier said than done. The game is fast-paced. Officiating is really difficult.

I'd prefer to see better replay review options and a coach's challenge option implemented.

This has been my stance... like the rip through jumper... stop calling it and guys will start looking really dumb... only do that a few times and the guy stops cuz he doesn’t want to look dumb.

Yeah, but I think overall the league views it as a plus, economically speaking. Despite everyone knowing it and complaining about it, seeing Harden light it up and “be unstoppable” generates a lot of talk and exposure, regardless. The money is still there despite any controversy.

The game is fast-paced. Officiating is really difficult.

And I totally get that. It's just that odd that mistakes aren't randomly statistically distributed. It'd be nice to see the likes of Royce O'Neal occasionally get away with blatant rule violations in a close game against a reigning MVP.

And I totally get that. It's just that odd that mistakes aren't randomly statistically distributed. It'd be nice to see the likes of Royce O'Neal occasionally get away with blatant rule violations in a close game against a reigning MVP.
Dude, there’s a totally nuanced explanation to that question that would make you look dumb. Us casual fans underestimate the sophistication involved in the game.

Give this a watch when you get time. I'm not a conspiracy guy in the slightest but I believe every word he says.

I am sure there is some truth to what he says and some situations where what he suggests definitely happened. What I can't figure out is how anyone could believe "every word he says" and ever watch another NBA game. If I believed it was anywhere near as rampant as he suggests I would be completely done following the league. Some of his main points don't hold water. For example, if the goal is to extend playoff games and create a game 7 then they are horrible at fixing games. Games 7's are rare and many if not most series don't even go 6 games.

Thought provoking for sure and for sure some truth but not nearly as rampant and rigged as he suggests. The one thing that does ring true is letting the stars get away with things because that is who folks pay to see.

I am sure there is some truth to what he says and some situations where what he suggests definitely happened. What I can't figure out is how anyone could believe "every word he says" and ever watch another NBA game. If I believed it was anywhere near as rampant as he suggests I would be completely done following the league. Some of his main points don't hold water. For example, if the goal is to extend playoff games and create a game 7 then they are horrible at fixing games. Games 7's are rare and many if not most series don't even go 6 games.

Thought provoking for sure and for sure some truth but not nearly as rampant and rigged as he suggests. The one thing that does ring true is letting the stars get away with things because that is who folks pay to see.
Every word is too broad of course but overall I believe most of what he has to say.

And I just saw this for the first time yesterday.

Guys telling the truth, dude... This isn't tin foil hat ****. The head of the investigation with the FBI did the foreword of his book stating everything he has said is true. The refs with this much power ****s over the integrity of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's what I wish would happen. Why dont the owners/players leave the NBA and start their own league. A FAIRLY refereed game, every game