What's new

Has Hayward played his last game in a Jazz Uniform ?

Has Hayward played Last game in a Jazz Uniform ?

• Yes - Either we don't match or we S&T

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • No - He's back

Votes: 43 72.9%

• Total voters
I can't imagine anybody offering him the Max. I can't see the Jazz letting him walk for less than 12M a year. So I believe he's back.

I agree with gregbroncs. I hope that no one offers him anything so that the Jazz can somewhat control the offer. My guess is that it's 12-13.5M for 5 yrs. However if he's offered the Max I still think he's back, but I have a feeling if he gets an offer it will be 13-14M anyway.

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif

I don't quite get the Jazz waiting for another team to make an offer, versus making a strong offer to just get it done. It seems like this strategy backfired with Wesley Matthews and almost backfired with Millsap.

I don't quite get the Jazz waiting for another team to make an offer, versus making a strong offer to just get it done. It seems like this strategy backfired with Wesley Matthews and almost backfired with Millsap.
Well your strategy backfired in a major way with AK. They might as well let him set his market. For him to sign without looking it would have had to be a max contract. No reason to do that.

I think he'll be back.
He has been visiting teams and reality is setting in.
What his agent has been telling him is outrageous.
He will sign for far less than all the rumors have been circulating.

Jazz didn't have money to spend back then. We do now though. If we had this kind of cap space back then Wes would still be on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jazz didn't have money to spend back then. We do now though. If we had this kind of cap space back then Wes would still be on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This and he was still pretty unproven. And that was a big contract for an undrafted player after one season.

Even then, stories came out that Matthews came into the negotiation saying he wanted a mid level deal. That was the max the Jazz could offer, so they said go find one and he did.

Probably similar situation here.

According to multiple sources including Randy R the Jazz are actively negotiating with him and are not waiting for what other teams offer.

Supposedly Hayward was offered Derrick Favors money last season. He turned it down. tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if thats the largest deal he gets offered.

Even then, stories came out that Matthews came into the negotiation saying he wanted a mid level deal. That was the max the Jazz could offer, so they said go find one and he did.

Probably similar situation here.

The difference here is the Jazz are in contact and negotiating. Hopefully, this will help avoid a poison pill like the Matthews and Millsap deals. KOC was a little too disconnected when it came to free agency. He let Portland **** him twice.

The difference here is the Jazz are in contact and negotiating. Hopefully, this will help avoid a poison pill like the Matthews and Millsap deals. KOC was a little too disconnected when it came to free agency. He let Portland **** him twice.
Honestly we should be hoping for a poison pill scenario. We have more cap room now than we need and more players to sign later. The more money up front the better in this case.

Honestly we should be hoping for a poison pill scenario. We have more cap room now than we need and more players to sign later. The more money up front the better in this case.

That wouldn't be a poison pill. A back loaded offer would be.