What's new

Hayward finger injury

It's insane that we've already had injuries, seemingly minor injuries, to Favors, Hood, Burks, Dante, and now Hayward. I don't know how Golden State has done it these last two years. On the bright side it's still the preseason.

As far as missing 6 weeks for something, this is probably the best injury possible. Just happy it wasnt anything like knee surgery.

This could be a huge advantage for Exum. Start him and Hill. Hill plays off the ball well. This gives Exum more time. I think he can break out. We may not miss a beat. Mack is a very good backup we still have Burks and Johnson on the second unit.

Over the course of the next six weeks, we have 13 regular season games.

That's not terrible. If we can be 7-6, I'd be very happy given how tough the first half dozen games are. 6-7 is solid enough too.

I think 5-8 without Hayward is more likely, but perhaps I am saying that because I don't want to be disappointed.

Hood slides over to Hayward's spot til he gets back with Joe Ingles backing him up ,he is 6'8.Joe Johnson is going to prove to have gotten to old to help out.

Not gonna judge Joe Johnson till a few weeks into the season, especially since he looks bored as **** out there in the 2 preseason games thus far. They are meaningless to him, as they should be at his age.

This could be a huge advantage for Exum. Start him and Hill. Hill plays off the ball well. This gives Exum more time. I think he can break out. We may not miss a beat. Mack is a very good backup we still have Burks and Johnson on the second unit.

I knew it was only a matter of time until someone made this into something about Exum. Stop.

That's why we signed the players that we did.

****ing painful dealing with this early on, but players are gonna need to step up.

We don't have anyone at the 3 who can guard as well as Gordon. Also in the preseason the offence has looked so much better when **** is run through Gordon than when it's run through George or Johnson.

We need Alec Burks to step up & we may need Exum and Hill out there lots in order to level off the drop off in defence.

It'll be interesting seeing what happens. Hoping Hayward stays in shape.

That's why we signed the players that we did.

****ing painful dealing with this early on, but players are gonna need to step up.

We don't have anyone at the 3 who can guard as well as Gordon. Also in the preseason the offence has looked so much better when **** is run through Gordon than when it's run through George or Johnson.

We need Alec Burks to step up & we may need Exum and Hill out there lots in order to level off the drop off in defence.

It'll be interesting seeing what happens. Hoping Hayward stays in shape.

This is the big point I think a lot of people are missing. Hayward is a great defender at the 3. There's no one else on this roster who can defend today's starting Small Forwards.

We have done pretty well in the small sample size of games Hayward has missed in the past.
Jazz record during Hayward's career:

with: 202-241 .455
without: 19-14 .576

Historically, the Jazz have played pretty well without Hayward...and that was with far less talented/deep teams and with a retarded head coach. It sucks Hayward will be out, but this team is talented enough to make up for his absence. It's not the end of the world.

This is the big point I think a lot of people are missing. Hayward is a great defender at the 3. There's no one else on this roster who can defend today's starting Small Forwards.

Are we even going up against any marquee small forwards in the first 13 games?

Are we even going up against any marquee small forwards in the first 13 games?

I mean Spurs twice but it isn't even about marquee small forwards, just small forwards in general. We all know Hood leaves much to be desired on defense and he gets pushed around by bigger players and Johnson is definitely a below average defender.

I mean Spurs twice but it isn't even about marquee small forwards, just small forwards in general. We all know Hood leaves much to be desired on defense and he gets pushed around by bigger players and Johnson is definitely a below average defender.

I mean, we'll be a little hurt defensively by his absence, but I don't think it's going to be a thing where we get torched by opposing small forwards on a nightly basis until Hayward returns. Small forwards might perform better than they otherwise would, but with the additions of Hill and Exum, plus a healthy Favors and Gobert, I think our defense this year even without Hayward would still be better overall than it was last year. We're weaker at defending small forwards without him, but with Hill/Exum and healthy Favors/Gobert, much better at defending opposing guards and the paint.

Where we'll really feel the hurt is on the offensive end.

Lets say that Trey Lyles can't defend most NBA SFs. How much does that matter if Gobert, Favors, Hood and Exum are on the floor with him and the defense switches on every screen?

I mean, Joe Ingles can't defend wings that well, and the Jazz feel comfortable putting him on the floor.

I think this is a chance to see Lyles play with Favors/Gobert.

Last edited:
Is this a trump reference?

EWqebSt.gif

Lets say that Trey Lyles can't defend most NBA SFs. How much does that matter if Gobert, Favors, Hood and Exum are on the floor with him and the defense switches on every screen?

I mean, Joe Ingles can't defend wings that well, and the Jazz feel comfortable putting him on the floor.

I think this is a chance to see Lyles play with Favors/Gobert.

Yeah this.

Let's say we keep Hood at SG, then either Joe Johnson or Trey Lyles moves to the SF position right?

Is Lyles that far behind Johnson defensively at the 3?

My guess is Hawyward is back November 14 at home against Memphis.

I doubt he'd come back during the East Coast trip.

That's 11 games missed Jazz go 5-6 or 4-7. Not the end of the world