What's new

Hayward has agreed to an offer with Hornets

This is true. I dont see a point, opinion, or any new info in this post.... but it is true

My point is that we all have varying opinions about Hayward's value. There are at least two teams that think he is a max player or they wouldn't have made the offer or state they will match any offer.

I think it is fair that it is highly unlikely that a player of Hayward's skill can be signed if he walks. So the argument that you try and keep the talent you have has some validity.

Again, I don't think Hayward has proven himself to be a max player in my eyes, but I'm not a GM.

We won't lose an asset - period.

I know this is more than he's worth, but who else is going to take the $30 mil we have to sign just this year? I haven't seen a lot of FA's at Best Buy lately.

He is no longer an asset when he is overpaid 5 million a year relative to his peers performance. No way to make that argument work.

My point is that we all have varying opinions about Hayward's value. There are at least two teams that think he is a max player or they wouldn't have made the offer or state they will match any offer.

I think it is fair that it is highly unlikely that a player of Hayward's skill can be signed if he walks. So the argument that you try and keep the talent you have has some validity.

Again, I don't think Hayward has proven himself to be a max player in my eyes, but I'm not a GM.
Good post.

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account
‏@WojYahooNBA
Jazz prepared for possibility of max sheet for Hayward and remain unwavering about revelation it's coming: They plan to match and keep him.

Yadda yadda, DL's hope to get something back in a sign and trade.

I think Utah can restructure the offer prior to it being signed. Once it is signed then Utah has to match exactly.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

You people are dumbasses who have either forgotten the ak47 debacle or were too young to remember it.

We could easily just resign Marvin, sign parsons, sign ariza, and essentially get the same production that Hayward gave is at a fraction of the price.

We won't lose an asset - period.

I know this is more than he's worth, but who else is going to take the $30 mil we have to sign just this year? I haven't seen a lot of FA's at Best Buy lately.
This logic sucks.

Im not a fan of tanking, but I'm pretty sure Hayward just gift-wrapped a reason for the Jazz to bottom-feed.

Theres SF's out there that can fill minutes next season though, I know yall have seen Francisco Garcia in the west for the past 9 seasons, hes far from ideal but a platoon of him and Hood could get the job done.

Who knows what improvements Burks has made this offseason too, if he put on 10lbs of muscle he might be able to play SF much better than what we saw last season.

Exum is skinny, but you could play him some minutes at SF, and run like hell.

Rodney Hood is probably ready for more minutes than most would give him credit for, his defense isnt ****. but hes money in halfcourt offense.
Totally agree with this.

That trade kicker is a deal breaker for me tbh.

Maybe they structure a sign and trade for Kidd-Gilchrist? With Burke, Burks, and Exum, Utah need MKGs defense more than they need Hayward's playmaking.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

You people are dumbasses who have either forgotten the ak47 debacle or were too young to remember it.

We could easily just resign Marvin, sign parsons, sign ariza, and essentially get the same production that Hayward gave is at a fraction of the price.

Matching this offer to Hayward and the old AK deal aren't even remotely close to the same thing. This deal (if they match) isn't even close to as damning as the AK deal, nor would it be nearly as stupid.
It's like comparing apples to apple computers. They both have the same word in them, but other than that...

The thing is too if the jazz match then I doubt Burks or Kanter would sign contracts. They'll just assume they can play out the year and get more money and it will suck if they turn out to be better than hayward.

Yeah, so I kinda hate this....

Like, all of it. Because it's what franchises built of bricks of sun hardened poop do... They overpay their homegrown marginal talent. Listen, I love G-Time. Really, I do. And I know the max will go up over the years. But as a longtime San Francisco resident, I have seen this logic used to pay Antawn Jamison max money, and give guys like Mike Dunleavy huge paydays. Because, as the mindset goes, "who else are we going to sign??". I don't know... but it never seems to work. Ever.

Here's hoping on Dante Exum. :(