What's new

Hayward has agreed to an offer with Hornets

Also am afraid that the Jazz believe that Favors deal was so favorable (especially now) that they look at this CG deal as a no brainer and will match. I mean we probably would have lost one of them if the both were UFA's this offseason and I would think they would have paid Favors over Hayward. Now perhaps it has all just balanced out in the Jazz FO minds.

Excellent point, V. Favors' deal in the final year is unbelievably cheap, and maybe they're sending the message that they're not going to waste the flexibility they just created by overpaying.

My only real issue with this is this line of reasoning means signing a **** ton of cheap vets since the potential has a mega-premium atm. I really don't want to hear any more mindless bitching from everyone about the vets.

Excellent point, V. Favors' deal in the final year is unbelievably cheap, and maybe they're sending the message that they're not going to waste the flexibility they just created by overpaying.

My only real issue with this is this line of reasoning means signing a **** ton of cheap vets since the potential has a mega-premium atm. I really don't want to hear any more mindless bitching from everyone about the vets.

Different coach.. onto new bitching.

Hey guys, could you tell me more about how we could have gotten Chandler Parsons to Utah for $12 million?

Thanks.

Parsons is signing an offer sheet with Dallas for 3 years and 45 M+ per Stein...

One Hayward replacement bites the dust

Hey guys, could you tell me more about how we could have gotten Chandler Parsons to Utah for $12 million?

Thanks.

We'll just sign Deng or Ariza to a reasonable deal....

*sarcasm font

Parsons is signing an offer sheet with Dallas for 3 years and 45 M+ per Stein...

One Hayward replacement bites the dust
LOL. Parsons and his agent have high BBIQ. They told Houston and Dallas he was every bit as good.
Looks like the Rockets just made out like the Cavs: thought they had an agreement, make the player a FA and he takes the big offer. I guess Houston will match.

Chandler Parsons signs an offer sheet for 3-years $46 mil which averages out to $15.3 mil a year.

Gordon Hayward signs an offer sheet for 4-years $63 mil which averages out to $15.7 mil a year.

Hayward > Parsons. **** it. Match the offer.

Thanks.

Exactly. Everyone here who thinks we will overpay for Hayward better look at the contract Parsons is getting. And Hayward makes other players better IMO.
I just don't understand all the hate for Hayward trying to get the highest contract he could. We all do the same in our lives trying to get the best job.
He's the best option for us under Snyder's new system...

https://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/stor...rsons-dallas-mavericks-agree-deal-sources-say

In reality, people shouldn't be mad at Hayward. He's doing what any young player should, and would do. He's takin as much money as he can get. That's ok.

If you're gonna be mad, be mad at Lindsey, because we're paying a heck of a lot more than we would have at the beginning of the season.

Chandler Parsons signs an offer sheet for 3-years $46 mil which averages out to $15.3 mil a year.

Gordon Hayward signs an offer sheet for 4-years $63 mil which averages out to $15.7 mil a year.

Ditto

Gordon did the right thing. And frankly, so did DL. Hindsight is 20/20 but I think we'd all have been a little "WTF" if we signed GH to a $14/$15M per extension (he reportedly rejected $13M/per) before the season.

Kudos to GH's agent. Turned down lucrative offers to get more $ at the end of the season and it worked out well for him.

Whatever. We're overpaying by a few $M per yer, sure, but hopefully Hayward takes that leap to justify the extra coin.

Gordon did the right thing. And frankly, so did DL. Hindsight is 20/20 but I think we'd all have been a little "WTF" if we signed GH to a $14/$15M per extension (he reportedly rejected $13M/per) before the season.

Kudos to GH's agent. Turned down lucrative offers to get more $ at the end of the season and it worked out well for him.

Whatever. We're overpaying by a few $M per yer, sure, but hopefully Hayward takes that leap to justify the extra coin.

Slowly reality is setting in here. I think we all had a little sticker shock, but clearly there has been a bit of a change in the market.

Slowly reality is setting in here. I think we all had a little sticker shock, but clearly there has been a bit of a change in the market.

It's taking people some time to realize what I was trying to say a few days ago. You have to understand the market and even though we'll be overpaying by about $3M/year, we'll still be under the minimum we have to pay this year w/o handicapping us next year. There's not a better option out there in FA and I think Hayward will thrive under Snyder. Just my opinion...

Exactly. Everyone here who thinks we will overpay for Hayward better look at the contract Parsons is getting. And Hayward makes other players better IMO.
I just don't understand all the hate for Hayward trying to get the highest contract he could. We all do the same in our lives trying to get the best job.
He's the best option for us under Snyder's new system...

https://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/stor...rsons-dallas-mavericks-agree-deal-sources-say
And the Rockets fans are reacting in a similar fashion to us.

so because one team does something dumb we should too?

I just punched myself in the balls. You should punch your balls also

In reality, people shouldn't be mad at Hayward. He's doing what any young player should, and would do. He's takin as much money as he can get. That's ok.

If you're gonna be mad, be mad at Lindsey, because we're paying a heck of a lot more than we would have at the beginning of the season.
This

Fwiw i think there are only 2 or 3 posters that are mad at hayward so you might as well direct these types of comments to those posters

This

Fwiw i think there are only 2 or 3 posters that are mad at hayward so you might as well direct these types of comments to those posters

Well one of them called him a scumbag for taking more money, another called him a bitch.

I hope neither has ever taken a better paying job in their life.

Not really. You are forgetting cap holds going forward. I think we have about $12.5M left this year and will be right up against the cap next season.

If we pay Hayward $16, max Kanter (probably won't happen) and give Burks $10M a year, we will be right around $63M including Exum and Hood. The cap is supposed to raise significantly after the new tv deal is finalized.

I was saying we have the capability to max Kanter if we want to. Depending on the cap increase, we may have the capability to nearly max Burks too. (Not that we want 3 max contracts)