What's new

Hayward Staying or Going?

Do you think Hayward will Stayward a Jazzman?

• Yes!

Votes: 36 69.2%
  • No...

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • No, not even if there was divine goat cheese in Utah growing in his back yard...

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

Tom Pitt

Mod's please sticky ;)

Disclaimer: This is soap box time... Therapy time... I might have diarrhea of the mouth time (Please don't take that literally) and I'm sorry.

Alright I need some majority rules assurances.... or "This is a hard saying, who can hear it; i.e. some hard truth... (Furthermore, further furthermore, dude is bailing.

We're days away. so what are you thinking now, beeches? Hayward gonna stay and finish this thing,

*Really Austin Powers voice" or is he off to "other" greener (Pun intended) pastures?

Here's my thinking...

Look we got Ingles right? Hayday don't want to give up on playing with that badass Australian. That sexy mini van driving soccer dad looking rolling hill of a man and if Hayward leaves to Boston, Playing with IT? sh***... Gordon gotta know that would suck. and defensively he'd get roasted and once IT leaves he's still playing PG's who are not really PG's and can't shoot... Hill can shoot it!... Donovan, I believe in that kid. I think he'll be able to shoot the 3 well.

Hayward know he ain't ever known a dude cooler than Southern Soul Joe Johnson. He can't walk away playing to the tune of that dude.

And Boris... Boris "most interesting man in the world and will be here next season you know it after his player option denied and he gets resigned for a year supply of coffee" Diaw. Dude, aint no teammate on Boston as interesting as Boris...

And Dante. Dante man. He's having an epic offseason doing all kinds of point guard drills and shooting off the dribble. He's gonna be ready for PRIME TIME back up point guard minutes.

Hayday, you really wanna leave Gobert, bro? If you do, you'll have night mares of IT pounding the air out of the ball and getting destroyed in pick and roles and even worse, NO RIM PROTECTION!

Seriously Hayward, Boston fans will never love you as much as Utah Jazz fans... Hope you remember that man. But Whatever you choose, I respect you and will be a fan.

Anyway, what ya'll think? Hayward gonna stay?

Last edited:
I think he is leaving. Just my gut feeling. We haven't heard a peep of anything good about Hill, Ingles or Hayward.

I just have a feeling he is going to Boston. Or some random team like San Antonio or the Clippers come out of nowhere to sign him. Just my feeling.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

He is staying. Jazz have as good a set up as anything he will find.

I think he is leaving. Just my gut feeling. We haven't heard a peep of anything good about Hill, Ingles or Hayward.

I just have a feeling he is going to Boston. Or some random team like San Antonio or the Clippers come out of nowhere to sign him. Just my feeling.

I keep going back to the emotion he showed in that post game interview when the crowd cheered him on. And then when he said its meant a lot the fans have been supportive through the tough times and never quit on he and faves,,, How he's grown up here in Utah. The support Jazznation showed him in the waning minutes of the Golden State Series, his relationship with Quin... and even some of his teammates here. Hopefully it all meant as much as I thought it did. Hopefully he'll stay,

I hope he stays, but I just dont know. What he said in those interviews is what you're supposed to say. He said it well, but it was expected rhetoric.

I just think its weird that there has been absolutely no chatter from his side of things. Nothing. Good or bad. There has been some speculation about what he will do, but little "sources" giving anything away good or bad. When Durant was considering, news, leads, stories were everywhere. All we've heard on Hayward is that he's "torn."

I just feel that something positive would come out of his camp if he was staying. He knows what he has here. He thinks he knows what the Celtics have - but when they pitch him, they are going to go all in and promise the world, show banners, show fans, etc. They are going to compare what he knows to the promised land. If he's torn now, wait until he hears the pitch.

I just have a bad feeling.

probably not.

i remember when he 1st got his all star nod the 1st person he told was brad stevenson.

Well, if Danny Ainge doesn't plan on trading either of the small forwards he drafted 3rd overall in back to back drafts, I can see Boston not being quite as appealing.

I'm worried because Boston went so quiet all of a sudden. Tatum for George, contingent on Hayward signing, makes a lot of sense. So does the rumor that Lindsey is ready to file charges for tampering if Hayward leaves. Lindsey is like a mother hen trying to protect her chicks. But the fox may have already grabbed the prize.

Where there's smoke, there's fire. Unless Robyn is as dumb as a turnip, she had to know the shamrock picture would stir the pot. I think she wanted to be cute, then Gordon stepped in and got a little upset that she stole his thunder. Had her take it down and came up with the cover story.

And there's just the weird body language and non-committal answers in interviews. Not even a "hope to be back."

My head says he's gone.

I'm worried because Boston went so quiet all of a sudden. Tatum for George, contingent on Hayward signing, makes a lot of sense.

Paul George wanting to sign an extension and give up an insane amount of money doesn't make a lot of sense, or any sense. It also completely contradicts everything else we've read and heard about his intentions.

Unless Robyn is as dumb as a turnip, she had to know the shamrock picture would stir the pot.

Yes, I'm sure Robyn Hayward decided to use her little girl to reveal her husband's intentions. Do you know how insane that sounds?

It seems like the Jazz media team think he's leaving. Those dudes are such Homers that I take it as a very bad sign.

probably not.

i remember when he 1st got his all star nod the 1st person he told was brad stevenson.
Who is Brad stevenson?

In any case, I think all this talk has caused Lindsey to step up and be bold. Mitchell might not seem like much, but it does send a message. It's not the same old, same old like it would have been by standing pat, taking Bradley at 24 and player X at #30.

If Lindsey can trade for a quality player (a non-PG - unless it's Lillard) by July 1st, maybe that tips the odds. Then the roster is strengthened and Hayward's buddies (Hill and Ingles) are still in play.

It's not much to talk about if Hayward is staying. All these media guys will get a lot more attention and have a lot more to play with if the story is Hayward is leaving.

Take it for what it's worth.

He may leave, but you can rest assured that the Boston media doesn't have a handle on what is going on. I can remember all of their reports last year about Durrant to the Celtics being a sure thing. Boston talks, a lot. They may be right this time, but I wouldn't believe anyone from there on principle.

I get the feeling he leaves. I think unless we can fix the broken players, which really means bring in some fresh talent and another all-star (both, not one or the other, every player knows they have to be part of a super-team to win a championship now). If we can't do that, and I really doubt we can, then I think he goes, and we start into our new phase as an all-star farm team for the big markets.

... and we start into our new phase as an all-star farm team for the big markets.
That's pretty much the way the whole league is going. GS, LA, Boston and - I think the league would like - either or both of the NY teams. Major markets drive ratings and profits. NBA doesn't care about the little guys. Oh yeah, and a Texas team. SA has had a nice run, maybe Dallas rises up? Naw, Cuban has been too outspoken.

Occasionally a little guy will rise up. Certainly Philly and Minny have chances with their young stars. But those windows will be extremely short (1-2 years) until the stars leave for bigger pastures.