What's new

Hayward Staying or Going?

Do you think Hayward will Stayward a Jazzman?

• Yes!

Votes: 36 69.2%
  • No...

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • No, not even if there was divine goat cheese in Utah growing in his back yard...

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
Boston apparently dropped out of the bidding for Jimmy Butler, that is how Minnysota got him for such a low price.

Boston has not entered the Paul George bidding, other than a twitter stream about how they could immediately offer PG an extension.

If Boston is targeting a wing, then they are not doing a very good job. They werent even jumping on the Danny Green rumours.

So why would Boston sit back and wait?

I believe they know, Danny Ainge would be a bad GM if he didn't know.

I also believe the combination of Hayward's desire to be loved, and Ainge's connections to Utah make it possible for the Jazz get a sign and trade done, not sure what pieces come back(Avery Bradley and Jae Crowder would get my attention). The Jazz would be operating on charity so they may not have much choice.

So reading into the ringer article by KOC today... I think they might actually bow out of the Hayward FA early if they don't get a quick yes. Here's why:

If they are trying to get a deal done for Paul George they will need salary concessions from both George and Hayward as Hayward is a no-doubt max guy right now. If they can get Griffin at a slight discount (he may not get max) then they could actually work the rumored re-negotiate and extend deal with PG and it may be viewed as minor monetary benefit to him long-term.

Griffin likely doesn't get offered the max because of injury history and is more of what Boston would need (when healthy). The article was very pro-Griffin.

The benefit for us is they have to work all this out on the fly and Hayward won't want to wait around... neither will Griffin. They risk losing out on both if they wait too long on one.

Roster construction Blake makes more sense, but you seemingly need an infinite amount of wings in the playoffs so who knows.

Anyway... I'm over 50/50 right now with hayward staying.

Boston apparently dropped out of the bidding for Jimmy Butler, that is how Minnysota got him for such a low price.

Boston has not entered the Paul George bidding, other than a twitter stream about how they could immediately offer PG an extension.

If Boston is targeting a wing, then they are not doing a very good job. They werent even jumping on the Danny Green rumours.

I also believe the combination of Hayward's desire to be loved, and Ainge's connections to Utah make it possible for the Jazz get a sign and trade done, not sure what pieces come back(Avery Bradley and Jae Crowder would get my attention). The Jazz would be operating on charity so they may not have much choice.

The reason they are sitting back and waiting isn't because they know something about Hayward imo. I think it's because Ainge is NOT interested in going all in right now. He turned down Jimmy Butler for the #3 pick straight up. He could have had Butler and then tried to sell Hayward on that roster. He didn't want it. He could have George if he wants him. He's got the picks to easily put together a better offer than anyone else and then go try to get Hayward. He doesn't want too. He's sold on Tatum. He has a death grip on his future picks. He's holding his cap space for as long as possible. If I was a betting man I would bet good money that Ainge makes no major moves this offseason. Despite the media dying for it. He's waiting for an opportunity to land a transcendent type talent. I bet he goes after Lebron, Westbrook, Cousins, etc in 2018.

The reason they are sitting back and waiting isn't because they know something about Hayward imo. I think it's because Ainge is NOT interested in going all in right now. He turned down Jimmy Butler for the #3 pick straight up. He could have had Butler and then tried to sell Hayward on that roster. He didn't want it. He could have George if he wants him. He's got the picks to easily put together a better offer than anyone else and then go try to get Hayward. He doesn't want too. He's sold on Tatum. He has a death grip on his future picks. He's holding his cap space for as long as possible. If I was a betting man I would bet good money that Ainge makes no major moves this offseason. Despite the media dying for it. He's waiting for an opportunity to land a transcendent type talent. I bet he goes after Lebron, Westbrook, Cousins, etc in 2018.

I think he wants two guys if he is trading assets... if not he just want to sign one for nothing. If they don't get the second guy they are not more appealing than us. At least not enough that I'd move if I was Hayward.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=44795717&ni...first-congressional-fundraiser-for-son-tanner

SALT LAKE CITY — Former BYU basketball star Danny Ainge is the main host of his son Tanner's first campaign fundraiser in the race for the 3rd District seat in Congress being vacated by Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah.

The price tag to attend the Monday reception with Danny Ainge, now the general manager and president of basketball operations of the Boston Celtics, at the Red Ledges Golf Club in Heber City is $1,000 — or $2,700 for a couple....

Somebody got a $1,000 bucks and willing to do a little "Celtic Pride" in reverse? Just keep Danny at your house until after Hayward recommits to the Jazz.*

*This is sarcasm, please don't actually kidnap and detain Danny Ainge.

Most people seem to expect Blake Griffin to stay in LA and sign a big deal there. Chris Paul is the more likely of the two to leave the Clippers and play in San Antonio, Houston or elsewhere.

Most people seem to expect Blake Griffin to stay in LA and sign a big deal there. Chris Paul is the more likely of the two to leave the Clippers and play in San Antonio, Houston or elsewhere.

I think Blake wants out... I think they know its over... I hope so because if so we killed the Clippers... the NBA owes us a debt of gratitude for killing those whiny losers.

If Blake Griffin goes and JJ redick's cap hold is released do the clippers have enough space to absorb Crymelo Antony?

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=44795717&ni...first-congressional-fundraiser-for-son-tanner

Somebody got a $1,000 bucks and willing to do a little "Celtic Pride" in reverse? Just keep Danny at your house until after Hayward recommits to the Jazz.*

*This is sarcasm, please don't actually kidnap and detain Danny Ainge.

No one should support this at all... We should pool our money for a stayward billboard and maybe put some of those antimormon protestors out in front with signs. Let them know this election will be bad if Gordo leaves.

If Blake Griffin goes and JJ redick's cap hold is released do the clippers have enough space to absorb Crymelo Antony?

I doubt it... Crawford/Rivers/CP3 caphold would be a lot of dough.

Truthfully, I think Ainge's assets are a bit overrated. They have next year's Brooklyn pick. The Lakers pick or the Sacramento pick have some protections on them that might put them closer to the end of the lottery. Everyone is assuming that Jaylen Brown is going to be awesome, that Jason Tatum is going to be awesome, etc., but they may just end up as average or above average starters.

If another team wanted to trade for Paul George and offered a real All Star or borderline All Star player, they could get Paul George. It's not as though Boston has better assets than everyone else.

Yea, Clippers salary structure is a mess.

They would need to renounce everyone but Paul, and then trade away Wes Johnson and Paul Pierce to make it happen. Then fill the roster with veteran minimums and undrafted FA's.

It would be interesting.

Spence Checketts says he thinks Boston is very confident in where they stand. Said DL is confident too, but feels Boston passing on Butler is a sign they think he's coming.

All our local guys have been pretty dubious and their local guys act like he's unloaded the moving truck already.

I hate where we are... can be great, but might have to start over. Long week ahead.

Spence Checketts says he thinks Boston is very confident in where they stand. Said DL is confident too, but feels Boston passing on Butler is a sign they think he's coming.

All our local guys have been pretty dubious and their local guys act like he's unloaded the moving truck already.

I hate where we are... can be great, but might have to start over. Long week ahead.

Passing on Butler is a sign that Hayward isn't going anywhere though. I don't understand why these media members think otherwise. Either Boston is going to acquire two big name players or they aren't going to acquire one at all. I really don't see a middle ground where they just acquire one. Signing Hayward or any other player to the max puts them over the cap. And it puts them over the tax next offseason when they re-sign IT. So it's all in at that point. Might as well acquire two stars while they still can if they are going all in to win now. Otherwise they are stuck with just IT/Horford/Hayward. Which might not be enough to ever win. As long as Boston sits with their current roster we are good. I think Hayward stays. If they make a move for a big name then it's red flags.

Why would the Celts trade us anything when they can just sign Hayward?

Avery Bradley is poised for the biggest payday of his life, which could double his salary, or more. Yet, as much as he said he considers Boston his “second home” while hosting his basketball camp at Brandeis University on Monday, he knows change has been all around him in his time with the Celtics, and that he is not immune to that change. http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/s...rsonnel-avery-bradley-believer-in-danny-ainge

Pay attention Hayward, Ainge traded Paul Pierce, Rhondo, and Kevin Garnett, he will sign you today and trade you tomorrow for a cheaper contract and a 1st round pick. If you sign with Boston, You'll likely end your career lost in Orlando on a 25 win team.

Last edited:
Avery Bradley is poised for the biggest payday of his life, which could double his salary, or more. Yet, as much as he said he considers Boston his “second home” while hosting his basketball camp at Brandeis University on Monday, he knows change has been all around him in his time with the Celtics, and that he is not immune to that change. http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/s...rsonnel-avery-bradley-believer-in-danny-ainge

Pay attention Hayward, Ainge traded Paul Pierce, Rhondo, and Kevin Garnett, he will sign you today and trade you tomorrow for a cheaper contract and a 1st round pick. If you sign with Boston, You'll likely end your career lost in Orlando on a 25 win team.

He has no emotional attachment to Hayward... for better or worse we stick by our guys. Many times it hurts is in court... I sure hope that faith will be rewarded.

If Hayward is all about the awards, it is better for him to stay in Utah....

[tweet]879396873198383104[/tweet]

No Celtic made the all Defensive Team. Rudy playing in Utah made the first team and was second in overall votes.

IT feeling guilty... :)
Knowing how much those guys are left trying to clean up his D...

So spence said Boston is really confident and it is why they didn's go at Jimmy Butler... I rethought that... I am not sure they are so confident in getting Hayward. I think their list goes Hayward, Griffin, Gallo and I think they can be confident getting one of those guys.

I just can't see Hayward looking at what we are building and not seeing how damn perfect it is for him. You want recognition... win here and score 24 a game... In Boston is he cracking 20 pts. per with IT?