What's new

Head Coach Jerry Sloan to resign today :(

Shocking. Surprising. Never in my wildest did I ever think this would happen. I always figured that they would let Jerry hang around until he wanted to quit and he would never quit mid-season. Was he forced or did he just decide it was time?

And it is time. Jerry did not seem to have any solutions this year and things were getting worse, not better. Time to move on. We all come to the end at some time and Jerry had a helluva run. As one of the so-called "haters" my hat is off to him for the time and effort he put in, the teamwork style he insisted on, and the disciplined team that he ran.

When I first saw it on the news a few mins ago I couldn't believe my eyes or want to grt my hopes up. I couldn't distinguish if it said re-sign or resign. I think this a long time coming Sloans coaching is to 70's before there was a 3 point line to guard. Surprised to see Johnson go as well. I don't see him being to different than Sloan anyway.

Okay, let's just agree that the way he walked is sad (if it is indeed after a fight with KOC). Now that the sadness is out of the way, the Jazz needed a major change like this. Great news.

Well said. LIke I said...I am definitely conflicted. I am definitely sad. I never had ill will towards Coach Sloan. But this had to happen...

I think I am more sad because of how it happened then him actually resigning...this might have had to happen but definitely not in this way

This is a travesty if it's on the players pushing out Sloan. I have tickets to tomorrows game, and I'm telling you right now...without Sloan or Phil on that bench it's going to be a sad sad thing.... :(

I have no difficulty being dispassionate about this. Guy was an excellent coach. Great person. The teams were reflections of him. But he's just not going to get us to the promised land. And deep down everybody knows that.

From ESPN:

Utah Jazz coach Jerry Sloan is expected to hold a news conference on Thursday afternoon to discuss his future with the team, the Salt Lake Tribune reported, amid a separate media report that Sloan is about to announce his resignation.

Locke is having a cow. He did not have the slightest inkling that Sloan was considering this. Then he went on to talk about how, as Locke spent time with Hot Rod, Hots started to dislike his job. Perhaps it was Locke spending time with these guys that pushed them over the edge?