What's new

Head Coach Jerry Sloan to resign today :(

Local radio is crap. Not once have they even speculated that the Jazz front office essentially could have forced Sloan and Johnson to resign. Seems to me more of a firing than a true resignation.

Local radio is crap. Not once have they even speculated that the Jazz front office essentially could have forced Sloan and Johnson to resign. Seems to me more of a firing than a true resignation.

Yeah i've noticed sometimes you can get dumber listening to those guys. I like this rapid - reaction message board much better

Well maybe Sloan made the decision by himself. He always said that one day he might just walk away. In reality, I think KOC and Sloan had a parting of ways. I think KOC told Sloan he needs to play the young guys or that he was going to trade someone who Sloan wanted to keep or perhaps he criticized Sloan's player rotation. I have liked Jerry for the most part but I believe his stubborness has been a problem. I wish him and Johnson well but I think it was about time for both of them to retire. I just would have liked it to happen in a more professional way.

It is a sad day. I"m a BIG Jerry fan, but there comes a time. However, as most of you have said, this is the wrong way about it.

It sounds pretty much like a conflict of strategy - hence the solidarity of Jerry and Phil. I'll bet KOC (Millers) are ready do a financial move and Jerry said No - we really can do this and then the conversation deteriorated from there. I hope it is not player revolt... but that is the other option that would move Phil to follow Jerry. The final speculation, considering the rumor of AK in the room is that Jerry called him a politically incorrect something BLEEPING BLEEP and now he's suing Jerry or something. I missed last nights game. Was AK and Jer sideways?

Too bad, sad it ends this way. I was really impressed with the job he did last year with guys like Matthews and Brewer, and with many similar storied guys before them. Not sure he's done that badly this year with the hand he's been dealt, or if the problems with the team this year come more from the coaching or the management, players aside.

Even though there were tactical things I might have disagreed with , I always respected Sloan in the big picture.

I feel like everyone is making an issue of this being a Sloan problem, but to me it looks like it's an O'Connor problem. Looks like he's done a good job of covering it up so that all the attention's on Sloan. I feel like this is a firing, and that since Larry is no longer around KOC thinks he can flex some muscle. Well, at least he's got his scapegoat.

I feel like everyone is making an issue of this being a Sloan problem, but to me it looks like it's an O'Connor problem. Looks like he's done a good job of covering it up so that all the attention's on Sloan. I feel like this is a firing, and that since Larry is no longer around KOC thinks he can flex some muscle. Well, at least he's got his scapegoat.

I seriously doubt that KOC just up and fired Sloan last night. He either did it with Greg-boys okay OR Sloan quit, maybe after words but on his own accord.

Dang. I'm really sad about this news. Jerry was a big part of the Jazz organization and, in turn, my childhood growing up with the Jazz. Weather you liked him or not, he was a great coach and I'm sad to see him go.

Well something happen because from all the comments from Sloan there was zero indication he was not going to continued to coach. It will be wierd not to see Sloan on the bench. Now I think about it this is how Frank Layden left.

I seriously doubt that KOC just up and fired Sloan last night. He either did it with Greg-boys okay OR Sloan quit, maybe after words but on his own accord.

And he very well could have done it with his approval. It's been a long time coming, especially after the heat KOC took for doing absolutely nothing after we would get knocked off by LA three years in a row in successively less games, then to top it off let all of our free agents walk, then he was redeemed in the eyes of the fanbase because Chicago bailed his *** out by agreeing to a sign-and-trade. He knew he dodged a bullet and really hasn't done much, if anything, to put us in a competitive spot, saw how bad the team has been and wanted Sloan out before he lost his own job.

Yes, welcome to the Scott Layden era.