What's new

Hedo Turkoglu?

memo is money

I just watched the summarized clip of the "NBA Studio" Program of Turkish Sport Channel NTV and this week's chapter was devoted to Hedo and he was invited to program.

He said he was misunderstood by fans, he had always been a fan favourite when he played for Magic, Spurs and SacTown. He blames the media for the unpleasant incidents and misinterpretation of fans. He gave a long and detailed explanation for that "injuried but why in the bar" criticism and made the case for himself. Briefly, he told that after Denver game, his teammates called him and invited him to a bar/cafeteria that is roughly 100m from his home and went on to say that just after 15-20 mins, he left the place with Bargnani. He said, despite the fact that the team, management knew the truth, they put him in a tough position against media and fans by benching, penalizing him.

This part of the topic might not grab our interest, just to give an explanation.

He looked really disappointed with the fans and the Toronto Management especially with Colangelo. He said that he does not want to return to Toronto after this summer. He did not His agents are said to be negotiating with Colangelo.

I think this might have something to do with the Jazz. Raptors will surely lose Bosh, and Hedo wants it out of Toronto. We seem to be in need of an elite bigman as well as a veteran player.

Hedo Anyone?

He said on Turkish TV that he didn't want to go back to Toronto. His lawyer is negotiating with the Raptors front office. Anyone interested in a trade?

I'm not sure exactly what his contract is (although I'm sure he is overpaid), but Hedo is one guy that makes me pause and think. There are a couple of things that he brings to the table that we need, plus there is a sizable Turkish community in the SLC area, so I think he could be happy there.

No one thought Hedo was worth that money when he signed that deal, and no one thinks it now. Toronto boned themselves. And when the Knicks fired Isiah they got double boned because nobody except for Isiah would take back Hedo just to sign Bosh. He's got four years left on that monkey deal. If Turkoglu isn't Turkish for Kryptonite, it is now.

Two Terrible Turks on one team? That too in as the starting front line?

Memo = trash. Turkaloo = Near-trash.

Talk about a toxic contract to take on - Coangelo screwed that franchise over for years with that move. With Bosh on the way out, Raptors will become a fixture of the lottery.

He'll come off the books when he's 36.

He has about as much worth as Koufos at this point, just what we need, another somewhat talented player who's proven they cannot succeed on their own.

Toronto made a desperation move to try an appease Bosh by signing Hedo and its now backfiring in their faces. His game was obviously declining in his last year with Orlando, wtf was Colangelo thinking giving him 5 years?
Anyways one bad contract deserves another, so Toronto could trade hedo + change and take on Brand's contract.

His contract is huge burden , so no...
Trade that is maybe worth a look is AK + Okur for Turkoglu , some unguaranted expirings ( probably with help from third team ) , Raptors 2010 draft pick and future first rounder...

He was a player that did amazing in his contract year and fizzled out after he got his money.
Jazz already have had 2-4 of those guys on their team.