What's new

Hey Everyone... Lets Chill on Writing Hendricks Off... TIA

I wrote off Hendricks before this, so just being consistent.

Iirc, some people were acting like he would be NBA ready quickly. He's not even close. I don't see the hype. Really disappointed by how passive he has looked defensively. Watching Bilal vs him is so depressing as Bilal is a legitimate defensive force. I tried warming people, but he isn't the weak side rim protecting dynamo some people made him out to be. He's just a nice athlete in a nice body who can shoot a bit. Will be a solid unspectacular player. Also watching Jarace Walker, a guy who has so much versatility to his game, it's just sad.

Keyonte has proven you don't have to be a star rookie to get minutes under Hardy, so the fact that Hendricks, as the 9th pick, is behind Simone/Luka is a bit concerning. You can brush that aside all you want, but we've seen how bad Luka/Simone have looked.

I think thats pretty easy to explain. Hardy needs to see the viable starting and 2nd unit guards as much as possible to determine how to proceed with the rotations.
So why is Keyonte playing?

Not saying it's the end of the world, but Hendricks isn't where you'd want a 9th pick to be at the moment. Brice probably isn't playing because he's a bad defender ATM.

So why is Keyonte playing?

Not saying it's the end of the world, but Hendricks isn't where you'd want a 9th pick to be at the moment. Brice probably isn't playing because he's a bad defender ATM.
He is a viable 2nd unit candidate at the very least.

Hardy seems to be a pretty merit based coach. If someone isnt playing it's probably because they haven't done enough to warrant getting minutes. I don't buy they are just trying to get extended Simone/Luka looks

Not a negative for Hendricks. But I do wish we were playing our rookies more. I don't mind this criticism. Sensabaugh getting DNP's in preseason? Why?
He also sent out some other BS. Mccade is an idiot and wrote off Ochai as a bust like 5 minutes into the season last year.

He also sent out some other BS. Mccade is an idiot and wrote off Ochai as a bust like 5 minutes into the season last year.
McCade is definitely an idiot. But unless he is falsifying the stats or his conclusion, than I don't disagree with that one single tweet, which also did not call out Hendricks in any way.

O y'all are kindred spirits?
Nah. I never said Ochai is a bust. He is just not something so special he is untouchable. He will fall right in line with expected value of where he was drafted (which is lower than some might want to admit). I was actually pretty unworried about Ochai's G League woes... not the type of league where a guy with Ochai's game will shine. Thought he needed 10-15 minutes a night with the varsity team even if he was mostly just shooting corner threes. Its when people used Klay's name when talking about Ochai that I had to get out the wet blanket.

Iirc, some people were acting like he would be NBA ready quickly. He's not even close. I don't see the hype. Really disappointed by how passive he has looked defensively. Watching Bilal vs him is so depressing as Bilal is a legitimate defensive force. I tried warming people, but he isn't the weak side rim protecting dynamo some people made him out to be. He's just a nice athlete in a nice body who can shoot a bit. Will be a solid unspectacular player. Also watching Jarace Walker, a guy who has so much versatility to his game, it's just sad.

Keyonte has proven you don't have to be a star rookie to get minutes under Hardy, so the fact that Hendricks, as the 9th pick, is behind Simone/Luka is a bit concerning. You can brush that aside all you want, but we've seen how bad Luka/Simone have looked.

This could be a painful year watching the top 8 picks in the draft all get heavy minutes while Hendricks sits on the bench. If only we would have committed to tanking a little earlier in the season.

McCade is definitely an idiot. But unless he is falsifying the stats or his conclusion, than I don't disagree with that one single tweet, which also did not call out Hendricks in any way.
Bruh he called the Jazz a poverty franchise based on minutes from (checks notes... ) 2 preseason games. He also threw up red flags in game 1 of the preseason on Taylor because Simone checked in.

This could be a painful year watching the top 8 picks in the draft all get heavy minutes while Hendricks sits on the bench. If only we would have committed to tanking a little earlier in the season.
I'm sure he will get minutes eventually. He might take the Ochai route from last year where he gets a bit of GLeague seasoning first.

At this point the Jazz are probably better off going big in the 2nd unit with Yurt than playing Hendricks

I mean calling the Jazz a poverty franchise couldn’t be farther from the truth but go on.

Ummmm Key was like the highest performing rookie in summer league. He has performed like a star rookie. Luka and Simone are on the roster bubble... its part of the playing time equation here.

Also... chill... just trust the process.

Reactions: Flc
With regard to Luka and Simone... there are going to be some roster cuts... guys that are more valuable to roster are going to become available. We also may just cut Luka to have an open roster spot.

I'm sure he will get minutes eventually. He might take the Ochai route from last year where he gets a bit of GLeague seasoning first.

At this point the Jazz are probably better off going big in the 2nd unit with Yurt than playing Hendricks

I think that only happens if we are underachieving around the trade deadline and we move Olynyk. Otherwise I don't think we find more than garbage minutes I don't feel are helpful to player development at all.