What's new

Hey Everyone... Lets Chill on Writing Hendricks Off... TIA

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Man I don't know if it is the "on demand" generation or what but it feels like folks were writing off Taylor or throwing up all sorts of red flags before his first preseason game. I'm seeing a bit more of this on twitter but getting the vibe here as well. So here is what we need to do... Chill the eff out.

Dude missed summer league. We have a loaded frontcourt, so we don't NEED anything from him this year. I understand its pre-season and guys like Tech and Luka are playing over him... but its like some of yall don't know how preseason works. One of the big things in pre-season is giving guys on the bubble a chance to show something before they are cut or benched. There is more urgency to see if Tech and Luka are worth rostering. We are playing the long game with Taylor.

So let's just not write the kid off after like 10 preseason minutes. He is going to be fine. Thank you for listening to my TED Talk.

Man I don't know if it is the "on demand" generation or what but it feels like folks were writing off Taylor or throwing up all sorts of red flags before his first preseason game. I'm seeing a bit more of this on twitter but getting the vibe here as well. So here is what we need to do... Chill the eff out.

Dude missed summer league. We have a loaded frontcourt, so we don't NEED anything from him this year. I understand its pre-season and guys like Tech and Luka are playing over him... but its like some of yall don't know how preseason works. One of the big things in pre-season is giving guys on the bubble a chance to show something before they are cut or benched. There is more urgency to see if Tech and Luka are worth rostering. We are playing the long game with Taylor.

So let's just not write the kid off after like 10 preseason minutes. He is going to be fine. Thank you for listening to my TED Talk.
I havent seen that discussed here much. He looked timid in the first game and people were like "okay, he will likely go the Ochai route".

I think thats just fine.

Is this a thing? Haven't seen anyone writing him off on this site.
People are worried about it... its not a great sign... look at these other guys already producing... yada yada yada. Its kindling right now but by time we get to game one it will be a full fire. So the best way to snuff out a fire is before it gets spread.

I don't think anyone is writing him off. There will be plenty of jealousy though if Whitmore looks great and Hendricks doesn't get minutes.

People are worried about it... its not a great sign... look at these other guys already producing... yada yada yada. Its kindling right now but by time we get to game one it will be a full fire. So the best way to snuff out a fire is before it gets spread.
That won't work because we like talking about other players.

I havent seen that discussed here much. He looked timid in the first game and people were like "okay, he will likely go the Ochai route".

I think thats just fine.
Its more on twitter but I can already see some of the seeds being sown here.

I actually haven't seen a word about Hendricks good or bad until this post, though admittedly I'm not following super closely just yet.

I definitely hope we see something to get excited about from him this year.

That won't work because we like talking about other players.
Its okay to talk about other players. Its the nonsense of "can't believe we got this dud who can't play over Simone when we could have had player xyz".

View: https://twitter.com/McCadeP8/status/1711964033862271080

Maybe its just one loud moron but there are others that are like "our lotto pick can't get time over Simone??? thats a bad sign". Or others that are reading the message of the Jazz org saying chill with thinking Hendricks will get rotation minutes right away. They are setting reasonable expectations given our talent and depth. People reading it like he isn't a great prospect.

It just makes sense that Luka and Simone are getting minutes over Taylor right now. I think they send him through the G League and I could see one of Simone or Luka getting cut. both guys are part of the program and guys I'm sure Hardy likes and wants to give as much opportunity to make it as possible.

When rosters get cut down there will be some interesting players and even if those guys have guaranteed money they could get cut.

Maybe its just one loud moron but there are others that are like "our lotto pick can't get time over Simone??? thats a bad sign". Or others that are reading the message of the Jazz org saying chill with thinking Hendricks will get rotation minutes right away. They are setting reasonable expectations given our talent and depth. People reading it like he isn't a great prospect.

Let them be dumb. 19 year old vs 23 year old (Samanic) and 27 year old (Fontecchio). Obviously Hendricks was maybe expected to be more "NBA-ready" than he actually is, but the fact that he cannot beat those much older guys doesnt mean anything.

Let them be dumb. 19 year old vs 23 year old (Samanic) and 27 year old (Fontecchio). Obviously Hendricks was maybe expected to be more "NBA-ready" than he actually is, but the fact that he cannot beat those much older guys doesnt mean anything.
Look Taylor is my guy and I'm going to mama bear for his ***.

Look Taylor is my guy and I'm going to mama bear for his ***.
I get that. He either goes to G League which puts him on the Ochai route, or then Hardy doesnt send him to G League which tells us he is closer to rotation than what it looks like right now.

Best thing you could do right now is to be really friendly to @homeytennis and you might get extra detailed reports on Stars games. Just in case.

Best thing you could do right now is to be really friendly to @homeytennis and you might get extra detailed reports on Stars games. Just in case.
I've been an *** to @homeytennis my whole life and he still tells me how Jack Cooley is doing in the Russian G League... I kid Homey is the best. He will have lots to root for this year with Brice and Taylor.

Not playing all 3 rookies a ton makes sense to me right now. The Jazz are trying to sort out their starting 5 and key rotation pieces. Many other teams know their key players and can use preseason to give a little court time to the rookies. We are trying to sort through the front of our bench rather than making decisions on the other end of the bench in the first couple of games.

Not a negative for Hendricks. But I do wish we were playing our rookies more. I don't mind this criticism. Sensabaugh getting DNP's in preseason? Why?

Not a negative for Hendricks. But I do wish we were playing our rookies more. I don't mind this criticism. Sensabaugh getting DNP's in preseason? Why?
I think thats pretty easy to explain. Hardy needs to see the viable starting and 2nd unit guards as much as possible to determine how to proceed with the rotations.