What's new

Hmmmm you don’t say?

I think it’s definitely a slight and seems personal with the Booker reference, but I lean a bit more in your direction where he’s saying we’re not there but we’ll get there. JC liked it and he wouldn’t be one to like it for drama and only like it because he likes it.

I don't think there's any reason for JC to take it personally or be offended by what he said. But I can definitely see how Donovan would feel differently because of the Booker reference. It really seems like that part was directed right at Donovan. I wouldn't be surprised if JC and Donovan liked the tweet for completely different reasons.

Last edited:
Right now the team is dying and Spida is playing these kind of games? You have got to be kidding me.
He had to hit like, as we all know passive aggressive social media BS is the best leadership! (Creating noise or doing it so you can laugh about it isn’t very funny given how horrible they’ve looked of late, if that’s the case).

@DannyAinge get every asset possible for him before his value drops out.

I think it’s definitely a slight and seems personal with the Booker reference, but I lean a bit more in your direction where he’s saying we’re not there but we’ll get there. JC liked it and he wouldn’t be one to like it for drama and only like it because he likes it.
JC, Royce, and Donovan are all the same best friend group.

Some people give media too much credibility. Especially garbage sports media. They make up rumors and put out so many opinions pieces every year. I'm not sure Mitchell is a Jazz man for life. He has definitely cooled off on his love towards Utah over the years. But I call bs on these rumors floating around lately. The Jazz front office got burned with Hayward. I would wager that if there was actually smoke this time or any other time in the future that they will pull the trigger before the fire actually reaches credible journalists.

Be men. Meet in private and say the plain truth to each other. And do none of this in social media. Every one...yes everyone deals with frustrating things in the workplace. It's life.

We aren't a contender right now. We build everything around Rudy and he's a damn good player. But he doesn't dominate a postseason game. He doesn't carry us places in the playoffs. He often gets torched (Jokic) or marginalized (Capella).

I love Rudy for his heart and his commitment, but you don't win a title built around a Rudy. It never happens. We have a bad model.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

We aren't a contender right now. We build everything around Rudy and he's a damn good player. But he doesn't dominate a postseason game. He doesn't carry us places in the playoffs. He often gets torched (Jokic) or marginalized (Capella).

I love Rudy for his heart and his commitment, but you don't win a title built around a Rudy. It never happens. We have a bad model.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
You don’t win a title with Donovan either so there’s that.

Be men. Meet in private and say the plain truth to each other. And do none of this in social media. Every one...yes everyone deals with frustrating things in the workplace. It's life.
Certainly this has happened, likely more than once, that doesn’t change who you are at heart.

Wow, I hadn't seen that Rudy quote until just now. That seems like a not-so-subtle shot directly at Donovan. He's definitely not wrong but I'm also not sure saying this to the media is the best way to go about it.
No different than what Smart did in Boston, and not surprisingly Boston has turned their season around. This is or at least should be Rudy’s team and he was less out of of place than Smart was IMO in making the comment. Sometimes it is imperative to get out of our lane to avoid imminent disaster. I don’t see it as passive aggressive at all, actually quite the opposite.

If it came down to it I would keep Gobert over Donovan, no question. He is far more impactful on the games. What could we get for Donovan?
The only “realistic” trade that I would even consider for Mitchell at this juncture would be straight up for Jaylen Brown. Sorry Donovan, but Miami doesn’t need or want anything and New York has nothing we need.

Sure, something involving Simmons would have traction with Philly but I see Simmons as more of a facilitator and we would need a dynamic scorer to replace Mitchell IMO. In lieu of this deal though something involving Conley and Simmons makes perfect sense as far as I’m concerned. And it might be all we need to right the ship. Winning changes everything.

Last edited:
The only “realistic” trade that I would even consider for Mitchell at this juncture would be straight up for Jaylen Brown. Sorry Donovan, but Miami doesn’t need or want anything and New York has nothing we need.

Sure, something involving Simmons would have traction with Philly but I see Simmons as more of a facilitator and we would need a dynamic scorer to replace Mitchell IMO. In lieu of this deal though something involving Conley and Simmons makes perfect sense as far as I’m concerned. And it might be all we need to right the ship. Winning changes everything.
Donovan for JB, then Conley, Clarkson, and any remaining draft picks for Ben Simmons. Could trade the OKC pick contingent on it being top 10.

Simmons
Jaylen Brown
Royce
Bojan
Gobert

Donovan for JB, then Conley, Clarkson, and any remaining draft picks for Ben Simmons. Could trade the OKC pick contingent on it being top 10.

Simmons
Jaylen Brown
Royce
Bojan
Gobert
If it is a seperate deal we would be better suited to keep Donovan.

Its like me telling my wife she has broccoli in her teeth... needs to be done... but will be received in private much better than in front of all of her friends.
The thing is ... we don't really know if this hasn't been said in private already. I bet in some form it has. Maybe he's just sick being ignored in private so he's airing the dirty laundry... who knows? Either way, he's right on the issue.