What's new

Ho Hum...Knicks Win. Just Wait Till We Play Utah

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
Transphobia isn't funny.
Didn't read that way to me, not even on another reading. You can read that into it, if that is your view, but I did not find it transphobic, any more than a joke juxtaposing a priest and a "sinful" location, such as a bar, I wouldn't view as religiophobic nor offensive. Certainly some may be offended, as you clearly are, but that is also largely the nature of comedy, to point out the absurd and the apparent contradictions and paradoxes in life, and someone somewhere will always be able to take offense, regardless of the topic or the punchline. If you are constantly seeking offenses, you will find them.

MeloTheJazzKiller

Transphobia isn't funny.

First off: it's an old Red Foxx joke. Told in the '70s. There was no such thing as transphobia back then. Oh, it existed, but people back then were not, what is the word? - snowflakes. Jokes were jokes, and you either laughed or you didn't. There was no third option of crying.

Transphobic joke? Uhh, it's just a silly joke about a woman getting the wrong bottle of pills from her doctor. But you can't see that. There has to be something greater behind it. Something sinister.

Bwahhhhhhh!

Last edited:

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
I've seen jokes about priests doing sinful things, but I've never seen one where the punchline was their mere possession of a penis.
Still offensive to religious folks. You are qualifying offensiveness based on your preconceived notions. And no where did it make any judgement on why or when or how this may have occurred or whether it was good or bad or even unwanted. That is up to you to make that determination based on your personal biases. The "woman" did not seem concerned that she had *********. The joke comes in flipping the social construct of expecting a person attesting to be woman to have woman parts, which is true over 99% of the time. The joke is not contained in the attempt to belittle a specific social group. Again that is your interpretation. And as I stated that is true of literally every joke ever told.

One Brow

Still offensive to religious folks.
I'm sure it is to some of them.

You are qualifying offensiveness based on your preconceived notions.
Pretty much all offense, or lack of offense, is based on preconceived notions.

And no where did it make any judgement on why or when or how this may have occurred or whether it was good or bad or even unwanted. That is up to you to make that determination based on your personal biases. The "woman" did not seem concerned that she had *********.
I don't recall making any determination that you don't acknowledge was being made.

The joke comes in flipping the social construct of expecting a person attesting to be woman to have woman parts, which is true over 99% of the time.
So, you made the same determination I did. You agree the joke was just how funny it would be if a woman had *********.

The joke is not contained in the attempt to belittle a specific social group.
I don't recall claiming there was any intent, which would be necessary for there to be an attempt.

And as I stated that is true of literally every joke ever told.
You must know a very limited range of jokes.

LifeOnaPlate

Still offensive to religious folks. You are qualifying offensiveness based on your preconceived notions. And no where did it make any judgement on why or when or how this may have occurred or whether it was good or bad or even unwanted. That is up to you to make that determination based on your personal biases. The "woman" did not seem concerned that she had *********. The joke comes in flipping the social construct of expecting a person attesting to be woman to have woman parts, which is true over 99% of the time. The joke is not contained in the attempt to belittle a specific social group. Again that is your interpretation. And as I stated that is true of literally every joke ever told.

It's incredibly easy not to tell jokes that can easily be interpreted as transphobic. The world misses out on exactly nothing when we lose access to such jokes. It baffles me that people think it's such a burden or tragedy to lose some joke about somebody and their balls.