What's new
  • This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

Ho Hum...Knicks Win. Just Wait Till We Play Utah

One Brow

I fully acknowledge the below points bring made. I just disagree with the assessment in this singular instance and stand by my opinion that it can be interpreted different ways. It is not the same as the rain, in that the is still subjectivity as to the point. I took exception to the implication that anyone who found this particular joke funny is automatically transphobic. I probably overreacted as I have been in discussion about similar topics with my daughter, who came out in high school, and her friends recently. I just feel that often people, both religious (to your other post) and liberals (for lack of a better all-encompassing term) tend to make statements of "fact" intending entirely to manipulate and squash the discussion rather than just admitting it's their opinion. I apologize to you @One Brow if I came across hostile, that was not my intent. I'll just bow out.
LogGrad98,

My own child (whom I formerly considered my daughter) recently came out to us as a maverick, which is a specific gender that is neither male nor female. So, I might also be a little sensitized here. I'll try to keep that in mind in the future, as well. My respect for you has in no way been diminished (I could say the same words about MeloTheJazzKiller, but with a completely different meaning).

NAOS

I fully acknowledge the below points bring made. I just disagree with the assessment in this singular instance and stand by my opinion that it can be interpreted different ways. It is not the same as the rain, in that the is still subjectivity as to the point. I took exception to the implication that anyone who found this particular joke funny is automatically transphobic. I probably overreacted as I have been in discussion about similar topics with my daughter, who came out in high school, and her friends recently. I just feel that often people, both religious (to your other post) and liberals (for lack of a better all-encompassing term) tend to make statements of "fact" intending entirely to manipulate and squash the discussion rather than just admitting it's their opinion. I apologize to you @One Brow if I came across hostile, that was not my intent. I'll just bow out.
You’re a good dude. No one wants you to bow out. I definitely appreciate your perspective

MeloTheJazzKiller

My own child (whom I formerly considered my daughter) recently came out to us as a maverick, which is a specific gender that is neither male nor female. So, I might also be a little sensitized here.

So your hurt stems from...oh, I'll use your very own words:
"One of the key differences is inclusive versus exclusive story-telling."

So your being inclusive in the world of trans...you were offended. That's rather weak of you. "Tell your joke, but don't you dare tell any about my life!" NIMBY. (Not in my backyard, if you don't know).

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
LogGrad98,

My own child (whom I formerly considered my daughter) recently came out to us as a maverick, which is a specific gender that is neither male nor female. So, I might also be a little sensitized here. I'll try to keep that in mind in the future, as well. My respect for you has in no way been diminished (I could say the same words about MeloTheJazzKiller, but with a completely different meaning).

You’re a good dude. No one wants you to bow out. I definitely appreciate your perspective
Thank you. I feel the same.

MeloTheJazzKiller

My hurt? In order for you to emotionally hurt me, I'd have to care what you think. You have not earned that consideration.

You were barely worth three words. The rest of any "hurt" you see comes from you.

Oh, you were hurt. A joke of no more than thirty words I posted here got over a thousand words from you.
You were hurt.

One Brow

Oh, you were hurt. A joke of no more than thirty words I posted here got over a thousand words from you.
You were hurt.
Replies to to three words earned a thousand in counter-replies. Three for the joke itself.

However, if you really need to believe you hurt me somehow, feel free to do so. Every person needs their religion.

MeloTheJazzKiller

However, if you really need to believe you hurt me somehow, feel free to do so.

You brought your very own daughter into this thread! Now tell us again you weren't hurt. Tell us you weren't shattered by a joke of thirty words.

You were hurt. Brave young men stormed the beaches of Normandy and you can't handle a joke about a doctor prescribing the wrong hormone pills. Good Lord.

Release the Kraken

First off: it's an old Red Foxx joke. Told in the '70s. There was no such thing as transphobia back then. Oh, it existed, but people back then were not, what is the word? - snowflakes. Jokes were jokes, and you either laughed or you didn't. There was no third option of crying.

Transphobic joke? Uhh, it's just a silly joke about a woman getting the wrong bottle of pills from her doctor. But you can't see that. There has to be something greater behind it. Something sinister.

Bwahhhhhhh!
No it's true, with all this PC and cancelling stuff going on it's a terrible time to be a comedian. DBM just ask Dave Chappelle.

MeloTheJazzKiller

Ho hum....another game in the NBA, another win.
Last night we humiliated Zion and his Pelicans in their own building.

We are now 10-0! Best record not just in NBA, but in sports!

WHO CAN STOP US?
The Jazz? Don't make me laugh.

KNEEL BEFORE THE KNICKS!

Kneel_Before_Zod_large.jpg

Cptgrnlngs22

Ho hum....another game in the NBA, another win.
Last night we humiliated Zion and his Pelicans in their own building.

We are now 10-0! Best record not just in NBA, but in sports!

WHO CAN STOP US?
The Jazz? Don't make me laugh.

KNEEL BEFORE THE KNICKS!

Kneel_Before_Zod_large.jpg

Uhum no Zion my man. No Ingram either lmao

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz