What's new

How about Millsap for Derick?

But they also can't afford to pay Millsap and get a quality wing in FA.

They can deal with that during the summer and try to move DeAndre Jordan. That's the contract that's hurting them. I just don't know if they'd roll the dice with Derrick Williams. They're risk-averse. Win games and Vinny might keep his job. Win games and keep cap room, and they'll have Chris Paul re-signed. Derrick Williams is a non-sequitor. Whereas, I think the Jazz would just send Sap to Minny for Williams and Roy's deal.

Realistically, Chris Paul may need to take a bit less money to leave some cap room to attract another free agent. Probably he'd do that.

They can deal with that during the summer and try to move DeAndre Jordan. That's the contract that's hurting them. I just don't know if they'd roll the dice with Derrick Williams. They're risk-averse. Win games and Vinny might keep his job. Win games and keep cap room, and they'll have Chris Paul re-signed. Derrick Williams is a non-sequitor. Whereas, I think the Jazz would just send Sap to Minny for Williams and Roy's deal.

They don't want to move Jordan.....

I think your trade is good if the Clips are willing to tie up $8M in Derrick Williams and Luke Ridnour, but I doubt that's on-strategy for them. Their posture has been to get quality vets as cheaply as they can. DeAndre Jordan is a trade chip if they want to move him. Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and one more guy gives them a solid core. Then they've got DeAndre Jordan, and they mix and match from there.

Pretty much, but one is younger, more athletic, paid less, and already accepts a bench role.
Jesus. Younger, more athletic, and sucks ***. Millsap is a quality starter in the league. Williams can't hit a layup.

While we're waiting on the Bledsoe trade...... in case it doesn't work out. Would you do this trade?

I have no idea Minny would want Paul (Love, AK, Pek) but I'd offer Paul/Burks for DWill/Ridnour/MEM's 1st

I'd only do this if the organization believes DWill can be our future SF.

I have no idea Minny would want Paul (Love, AK, Pek) but I'd offer Paul/Burks for DWill/Ridnour/MEM's 1st
So the Jazz give up the best player, Millsap, and arguably the player with the most upside, Burks, for a mediocre tweener, a short-term mediocre solution at the 1 (which can easily be found this summer in free agency) and a late 1st? Why? Burks + Millsap's S&T value are better than that package.

So the Wolves don't have their own pick this year? Where'd it go?

Posted about this earlier but got it wrong:
Minnesota TWolves have the Memphis Grizzlies (not Houston Rockets, that I said earlier) 2013 first-rounder (top-14 protected)
Phoenix Suns have Minnesota TWolves 2013 first-rounder (top-13 protected)

If Minnesota is entitled to the Memphis first-rounder this year, then they will convey the less favorable of the two to the Suns (so the Memphis pick anyways). This is somewhat relevant because it seems like the TWolves will be losing the Memphis pick regardless. If they trade it now, the only downside is they just still owe their pick to Phoenix (top-13 protected in 2014, top-12 protected in 2015, top-12 protected in 2016, 2016 and 2017 2nd round picks after that)

So the Jazz give up the best player, Millsap, and arguably the player with the most upside, Burks, for a mediocre tweener, a short-term mediocre solution at the 1 (which can easily be found this summer in free agency) and a late 1st? Why? Burks + Millsap's S&T value are better than that package.

I agree. At least Bledsoe has superior speed that would benefit our fast breaks. Williams, while talented, seems to be stuck between being too big and slow to be a SF while not quite intense enough or tall enough to guard the PF position. Plus, I also don't think he's as intelligent as Millsap. Millsap is one of our smartest players.

In my mind, no matter what happens, I keep seeing Millsap ending up on a team like the Heat. He'd fit perfectly on a team like that where he doesn't need to score but still gets his stats because he's scrappy.