What's new

How are we going to score without Al?

you guys are nuts to think we would be worse without Jefferson.In fact thats exactly what this team needs .Al is good but we give up so many points, that is the reason we cant win on the road,we stink on defense.Our offense is a stand around ymca offense that barely beats bad teams only because Jeffie is gifted on the offensive end.If we are serious about the better plan for this team,Jeffie is not and never has been the answer.this team would easily be better without him.Jeffie seen how much we didnt need him last night and thats why he is getting back on the court before Corbin accidently figures it out that we dont need him.

I think like siromar said, we would be better without him eventually, but i do believe that we would see a drop off in the short term.

IMO this year should be a year that the jazz build and develop the future of the team because we are not going to be special this year.

Does he avoid contact because he's not some fealess warrior or because he thinks his footwork makes him more efficient?
Since he doesn't always spin away from the basket/contact, I'd guess it's because he's not a fearless warrior.

If we were to get a good PG for Al, then we are better immediately. This team would fight for home court this year.

I doubt we could get anyone better than Mo Williams for Al Jefferson.

Kind of the bad thing about this team. It seems like most trades we could make would only be lateral moves. Seems like it might just be better to let everyone expire and try to get a big name in FA.

Kind of the bad thing about this team. It seems like most trades we could make would only be lateral moves. Seems like it might just be better to let everyone expire and try to get a big name in FA.

I agree.... i think that we should let him expire as well and in the meantime decrease his minutes somewhat and increase the youngs bigs minutes somewhat.

Another PG the quality of Mo would be awesome. I'd stand by my previous statement with two Mos and zero Als.... especially if the second Mo had the first Mo's heart and leadership.

Another PG the quality of Mo would be awesome. I'd stand by my previous statement with two Mos and zero Als.... especially if the second Mo had the first Mo's heart and leadership.

Seems like it could be trouble, because you would just have another logjam situation where you have two players who think they should be starters. It would be awesome to get someone like Ramon Sessions, or maybe a Calderon, who are currently backups.

Seems like it could be trouble, because you would just have another logjam situation where you have two players who think they should be starters. It would be awesome to get someone like Ramon Sessions, or maybe a Calderon, who are currently backups.

This.

If Jefferson created contact when he gets someone in the air then I believe that he would be a 25 ppg player. The Jazz would win about 2 more games a year with that increase.

I still want him gone.

What, we couldn't move Foye to the bench and start them both IF that happened to be a problem? It isn't like Mo hasn't played plenty of minutes at the two. Having more playmakers out there would be a big plus.

Just get the best PG possible.

What, we couldn't move Foye to the bench and start them both IF that happened to be a problem? It isn't like Mo hasn't played plenty of minutes at the two. Having more playmakers out there would be a big plus.

Just get the best PG possible.

I don't see Sessions and Calderon both starting on any team in the NBA, not to mention the Jazz.
Plus Sessions is an LA reject, so yeah let's make that move?

Kanter went 18 points on 16 shots with only 8 rebounds in 35 minutes and ZERO assists.

so tell me brother.
if big al gets that line. people are happy.

difference is kanter defense makes up for lack of assist/lack of rebounds/points
i'd take kanter 18-8 with 0 assist
over big al 23 points 12 rebounds 2 assist or whatever

We had over 50 points in the paint homey.

Outside shots fall alot better when the ball moves, making those outside shots wide open instead of contested forced outside shots at the end of shot clocks.

also these where quality spurs like 3's
feet set.
wide open.
spot up.

"Al Jefferson and Derrick Favors will both practice today. Game-time decisions Sunday at Lakers."

Yay! Big Al is going to play!!

i seriously hoipe al misses that game and favors plays

if favors is 75-80% of his healthy self.
kanter/sap and favors play around 30 minutes each

i garantee a win.

It takes time for players to develop into consistently productive full-time players. So of course the Jazz would be worse off without Al in the short term. But as Favors and Kanter get accustomed to the bigger roles, and Millsap becomes more aggressive offensively, the Jazz should start getting better results. I'd say the Jazz would recover within the season. The Al proponents should keep something in mind, we're not talking about Lebron here. We're talking about a guy who can give you 18 ppg with poor defense. Favors, as raw as he is, can probably do 12 ppg with Al's minutes right away. How important are those 6 points, really? The fact that Al needs to go is very clear.
favors defense compared to al's defense would make up for those 6 points

i seriously hoipe al misses that game and favors plays

if favors is 75-80% of his healthy self.
kanter/sap and favors play around 30 minutes each

i garantee a win.

If Favors is 75-80% healthy I would be super pissed with the organization if they let him play. He needs to be a 100% before he plays with his problem. There is 0% reason to play him before he is all the way healed.

If Favors is 75-80% healthy I would be super pissed with the organization if they let him play. He needs to be a 100% before he plays with his problem. There is 0% reason to play him before he is all the way healed.

sorry what i actually mean.
is healthy.
but like when you come back from injury you ar enot in game shape.
not in top shape.
some rust etc.
so 75-80% of his ussual game/skill.

dont know how to exactly say it in english

sorry what i actually mean.
is healthy.
but like when you come back from injury you ar enot in game shape.
not in top shape.
some rust etc.
so 75-80% of his ussual game/skill.

dont know how to exactly say it in english

That makes sense then.

The t-wolves got better after getting rid of big al. (and drafting kevin love.)
Actually they drafted OJ Mayo and traded him for Love, and had Love and AJ on the roster together for two seasons. They were both on the team when Jefferson tore his ACL in the 08-09 season, at the time they were 17-33 (0.340), but went 7-25 (0.218) over the rest of the season. So the T-pups weren't actually better without Big Al.

The next season, with AJ back from injury but not playing as well as before (he was averaging 23 and 11 before his injury, numbers he hasn't approached since), they went 15-67. Then the T-pups decided they couldn't have both AJ and Love on the same team. They wanted more court-time for the younger player, so basically gave away Al. The result was a 17-65 season, not a big difference. It wasn't until Rubio arrived the next season their record improved - their record was 21-20 when he injured his knee, and they fizzled to end up 26-40. Hmmm, they wanted to find court-time for a young big, but they really needed an elite passing PG to become a better team... something familiar about this story.

[As an aside: Kurt Rambis coached them to their 15-67 and 17-65 seasons, an overall 0.195 winning percentage. Adelman came in the next season but in games without Rubio, they went 5-20, a 0.200 winning percentage. So changing coaches made less difference to their record than adding Rubio.]