What's new

How did Pleiss look during the summer league?

JFFR

I didn't get to watch any of the games.

I saw him play about 15 minutes during the regular season last year and I thought he looked slow, clumsy, and out matched by NBA athletes. Is he getting better?

I would be really excited for Tibor....if he were entering his Jr year at USU this fall.

He doesnt look that bad. He can shoot. He'd probably look less bad on defense on a team that has other good defenders. Is he NBA? IDK. Is he better than Bolomboy? Yes.

Cy's assessment is fair.

I could see Tibor being used situationaly in short minutes based on his ability to shoot the three ball.
He looks to me like he could get better with more playing time, but is that possible at age 27?

7-4 and can shoot could be a serviceable fifth big.

Pretty good case where having Stars nearby helps so he can practice with the Jazz against the big boys, learn from Boris et al, get some bench minutes, while logging experience minutes with the Stars.

Next year is make or break, but worth keeping him on roster as 15th man, unless someone really likes him and offers up assets.

Pretty weak for a NBA big man. I saw the other team rip the rebound right out of his hands multiple times. Had a hard time defending the other team's big men. His shot was pretty good for a seven footer. I just don't see him being NBA ready anytime in the near future.

People are far to interested in offense. He made a couple 3s last night and they started calling him threepor. His defense just will never be good enough. His man routinely went bye him like he was stuck in mud. His help rotations were so slow as to be nonexistent and he is just too slow of foot to play on an NBA level.

There were flashes where I thought "ok, maybe", but then I'd watch him standing around as a pg drove to the hoop and I was like "nah".

I wonder if we could trade him and a 2nd for Koufos who's on the market who could be our 5th big and a really good one at that.

He has an outside shot that stretches out to three. That's a plus. But he's not very mobile on defense and he gets out muscled and out hustled when rebounding. He needs to work on his strength. Smaller guys just move him wherever they want.

What advantages do we get of him being 7'3"? Shooting over people? If he's not doing the things traditionally associated with size (rebounding, shot blocking, etc.), then wouldn't it make about as much sense to play anyone at center who can shoot, regardless of size?

He doesnt look that bad. He can shoot. He'd probably look less bad on defense on a team that has other good defenders. Is he NBA? IDK. Is he better than Bolomboy? Yes.
This

People are far to interested in offense. He made a couple 3s last night and they started calling him threepor. His defense just will never be good enough. His man routinely went bye him like he was stuck in mud. His help rotations were so slow as to be nonexistent and he is just too slow of foot to play on an NBA level.

Spot on Oldtimer, that's what I saw too. We oldsters need to stick together.