What's new

How high is your risk for cancer?

I have been thinking about Cancer for a few weeks as its seems I am hearing more and more people die from it. Especially the sad news of our felllow jazzfan Sean. Also there was a report that cancer deaths will be doubling by 2030. I saw this on Doctor OZ today and thought I would share it. So here are the questions to ask yourself to evaluate your cancer risk:

Do you smoke?

Do you drink?

Are you sexually premiscous?

Are you overweight?

Do you lack exercise?

Is your diet high fat and red meat...or low in fiber?

Anyone if your family have/had cancer?

So basically if you answer yes to any of these questions it significantly raises your chance for cancer. Not to get "churchy" but I did feel pretty good about all of these because they are covered in the church doctrine of the mormon church. So I have been following them since I was young. But I thought this is good info for people to easily assess their risks for cancer. Hopefully this is beneficial to some of you because it helped me understand that there are things I can do to lessen my chance of cancer.

Not to get all "atheisty", but I feel pretty good about them as well because they are covered in the doctrine of science and common sense.

I never said that some of these were'nt common sense. Well I actually didnt know drinking can lead to cancer. I just thought it was a good reminder, especially since cancer deaths will just keep increasing. Im just just trying to pass some good info and reminders along. You boys dont have to get your panties all in a bunch just because I post something on here.

Not to get all "atheisty", but I feel pretty good about them as well because they are covered in the doctrine of science and common sense.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to honz again

I thought drinking a glass of red wine occasionally/every day is actually healthy?

And LDS people shun green tea, which is high in healthy, cancer fighting goodness. So can I say "unilaterally" that the LDS faith encourages cancer causing behavior?

*tongue in cheek. I hope anyone reading that realizes that.

And LDS people shun green tea...

This is incorrect. It is black tea that is specifically mentioned in the W of W. Green tea is perfectly fine. Any Mormon that avoids green tea simply because of the word tea doesn't know their own doctrine.

This is incorrect. It is black tea that is specifically mentioned in the W of W. Green tea is perfectly fine. Any Mormon that avoids green tea simply because of the word tea doesn't know their own doctrine.

Just black tea? What about Earl Gray, Chai, White, or Oolong?

Put religion aside. Cancer sucks. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. The world could really use a cure. I read about a little boy in PG the other day that has some rare form of cancer in his brain stem. It's inoperable and the article said it would be like trying to get pepper out of jello. They gave the kid a few months to a year to live. It was so sad to read and see pics of the kid and his family. Also, Sean's blog seriously had me in tears. **** cancer. I hope none of you or your families have to deal with it.

I gave beantown positive rep for trying to delete his own thread. This development of judgment should be encouraged.

delete thread.

Why on Earth would anyone want to do that? This is quality stuff here and since you've only posted 35 times, we've been short on stupid lately. Thanks for coming to the plate, you're a peach.

Why on Earth would anyone want to do that? This is quality stuff here and since you've only posted 35 times, we've been short on stupid lately. Thanks for coming to the plate, you're a peach.

How is cancer stupid? Yes we call know people here crap a brick if the mormon church is brought up. I was merely saying I was happy that I had been following some of the suggestions due to my religion. Yes some of these suggestions seem like common sense but if they were common sense most of the world wouldn't be obese or smoke...etc. Cancer sucks, I was just passing on some info from a tv show on how we can avoid cancer and an easy way to show our risk factors. Calm the hell down people.

Also the only reason I wanted this thread deleted is because this site turns into a mormon bashing site whenever possible. I promise I wont bring religion up again because it seems to bring up some harsh and bitter feelings for people.

Beantown, I appreciate your spreading of the gospel far and wide. You are a true Christian soldier. Find a way to mention the LDS church in every post, and I will promise you a seat nearest to my throne.

And maybe a brain.

How is cancer stupid? Yes we call know people here crap a brick if the mormon church is brought up. I was merely saying I was happy that I had been following some of the suggestions due to my religion. Yes some of these suggestions seem like common sense but if they were common sense most of the world wouldn't be obese or smoke...etc. Cancer sucks, I was just passing on some info from a tv show on how we can avoid cancer and an easy way to show our risk factors. Calm the hell down people.

Also the only reason I wanted this thread deleted is because this site turns into a mormon bashing site whenever possible. I promise I wont bring religion up again because it seems to bring up some harsh and bitter feelings for people.

You are a 100% grade A moran. You obviously LOVE the mormon bashing because in every thread you post you preach your garbage and then act surprised when you get flamed.

What if the answer to every single question is not only yes, but hell yes? Shouldn't I already be dead?

I wish Dr. Oz would do a special on how to avoid getting Stupid. That would help some posters.

it has been a long time since a jazzfanz thread has made me laugh so much

thanks to all for your contributions to this thread, even the deletion is a real chuckler since the entire post is quoted directly below.

It's wonderful when we can laugh at cancer, isn't it?

For future reference, bean, when you say "not to get 'churchy,'" it means that you ARE getting churchy and want attention brought onto what is written afterword.

Hopefully, you already knew that.

Probably not, though, since you seem surprised that everything before "not to get 'churchy'" has pretty much been ignored in the replies.

For future reference, bean, when you say "not to get 'churchy,'" it means that you ARE getting churchy and want attention brought onto what is written afterword.

Hopefully, you already knew that.

Probably not, though, since you seem surprised that everything before "not to get 'churchy'" has pretty much been ignored in the replies.

Simply stating I felt good about my cancer risk because of my religion set off a fire storm. Give me a freaking break. How sensitive can you all be?