What's new

How Much $$$ Should Jazz Throw at Austin Reaves?

I have no skin in the game here but if he’s a +2.0 defensive raptor guy like Cy says, on a pretty mediocre defensive team, that says a lot.
He's a smaller Ingles. He won't wow you with defense, but he competes and knows where to be.

3:1 assist to turnover ratio. High level shooter albeit on smaller volume (just like early Ingles).

And who the duck else are we signing?

View: https://youtu.be/vHRdnkefOKE

I have no skin in the game here but if he’s a +2.0 defensive raptor guy like Cy says, on a pretty mediocre defensive team, that says a lot.
No idea what a defensive raptor is.. is that a new type of dinosaur?

Eye test he doesn’t scream “defensive force” though…

The funny thing about white players in the NBA is that until they become stars white people will project every stereotype onto white players possible.
Humans use stereotypes. That is shocking news. Is snow cold too? Can't believe it.

I don’t know what the right number is, but I’m good with the concept. I like Reaves and think he’d be a solid pickup. Doesn’t move the needle a ton, but he does fit well into what the Jazz do.

For reals though after the Alex Caruso debacle I would bet it would take a pretty ludicrous offer to steal him. They don’t have the tax issues they had before… at least not to the level they were projecting. 18M a year is aggressive, but even that might get matched.

For reals though after the Alex Caruso debacle I would bet it would take a pretty ludicrous offer to steal him. They don’t have the tax issues they had before… at least not to the level they were projecting. 18M a year is aggressive, but even that might get matched.

They have to pay Russell, that tax issue hasn't went anywhere.

It’s kind of fun to watch him play more with the ball in hands. I wonder how many people know that he was a cold, super ball dominant scorer in college haha.

It’s kind of fun to watch him play more with the ball in hands. I wonder how many people know that he was a cold, super ball dominant scorer in college haha.
His nickname is hillbilly Kobe… I think people know

They have to pay Russell, that tax issue hasn't went anywhere.
It doesn’t look as large… dlo doesn’t have a huge market… cap and tax rise a bit… the only issue really arises if they want to use the MLE or if they want to do a sign and trade for Kyrie. They could give DLo 20M, accept Beasley’s option, give Austin 15M and they’d end up 5-6M into the tax… that’s pretty manageable and there are a few places they can save a few dollars. I’m guessing Austin would be willing to give up a few million over a 4 year deal to stay in LA…

The tax is still there… but it’s not nearly the issue it was this year… they could simply decline Beasleys option and they’d be square… Dlo may also find his market to be really narrow and might end up closer to 12-13M or less.

It doesn’t look as large… dlo doesn’t have a huge market… cap and tax rise a bit… the only issue really arises if they want to use the MLE or if they want to do a sign and trade for Kyrie. They could give DLo 20M, accept Beasley’s option, give Austin 15M and they’d end up 5-6M into the tax… that’s pretty manageable and there are a few places they can save a few dollars. I’m guessing Austin would be willing to give up a few million over a 4 year deal to stay in LA…

The tax is still there… but it’s not nearly the issue it was this year… they could simply decline Beasleys option and they’d be square… Dlo may also find his market to be really narrow and might end up closer to 12-13M or less.
Either way just give Austin a toxic big contract and make the Lakers match

Either way just give Austin a toxic big contract and make the Lakers match
Its a bit of a dangerous game. You have to balance how toxic you want it to be. Starting at 18M a year and descending by 4% per year is about as high as I could stomach... I am betting some here would freak out at that number though.