What's new

How much would you offer Malcolm Brogdon this summer?

He is the most realistic of this group.
Here is our Rozier competition (teams with more than the MLE to spend this summer):

Knicks - NOPE
Clippers - MAYBE
Nets - NOPE
Hawks - NOPE
Mavs - NOPE
Pacers - NOPE
Lakers - MAYBE
Kings - NOPE
Suns - INTERESTED
Bulls - MAYBE

Magic - NOPE
Pelicans - NOPE
Celtics - if Irving leaves, then Rozier stays

If we wanted Rozier, it comes down to Boston, Phoenix, Chicago, the LA teams (should they strike out on bigger targets), and us.

All of that competition for poor man's Rubio? Thank God.

People really this high on Malcolm Brogdon?

Lonzo Ball would be nice.

If you're trying to ruin the team. We'd get so much negative publicity because of Ball Senior, I think the trust would sell the team to Seattle within 2 years.

He would literally be trashing Mitchell every single day, simply for being a media darling.

All of that competition for poor man's Rubio? Thank God.

Rozier is a better 5 year prospect than Rubio and I don't think it's close. He plays better D and he is a threat from 3. He doesn't run the offense as well as Rubio, but I fully expect Donovan to be running our offense more and more as he evolves.

But I'm not even that big on adding Rozier. Personally, I hope that Exum becomes a better version of Rozier and Rubio takes a big pay cut to stay as the leader of the bench unit.

Brogdon is not going to happen.

Rozier is a better 5 year prospect than Rubio and I don't think it's close. He plays better D and he is a threat from 3. He doesn't run the offense as well as Rubio, but I fully expect Donovan to be running our offense more and more as he evolves.

But I'm not even that big on adding Rozier. Personally, I hope that Exum becomes a better version of Rozier and Rubio takes a big pay cut to stay as the leader of the bench unit.

Brogdon is not going to happen.

Rozier would be such an underwhelming addition. 50% TS, 13 PER, not really a "floor general", and not good enough offensively to take the load off of Mitchell playing off ball. And he'll probably demand just as big a contract as Rubio.

We'll see if the situation with Holiday changes. I know NO are being idiotic right now, but a lot of things can change in 6 months. The Jazz should be looking for a top 10 PG/SG to team up with Mitchell. Not just replace Rubio with someone who might, or might not, turn out to be better.

He is the most realistic of this group.
Here is our Rozier competition (teams with more than the MLE to spend this summer):

Knicks - NOPE
Clippers - MAYBE
Nets - NOPE
Hawks - NOPE
Mavs - NOPE
Pacers - NOPE
Lakers - MAYBE
Kings - NOPE
Suns - INTERESTED
Bulls - MAYBE

Magic - NOPE
Pelicans - NOPE
Celtics - if Irving leaves, then Rozier stays

If we wanted Rozier, it comes down to Boston, Phoenix, Chicago, the LA teams (should they strike out on bigger targets), and us.

We don't. That guy is offensively inept, with a worse TS% than Rubio. Besides that, he's 6'1", not ideal to put next to 6'2" DM.

Rozier would be such an underwhelming addition. 50% TS, 13 PER, not really a "floor general", and not good enough offensively to take the load off of Mitchell playing off ball. And he'll probably demand just as big a contract as Rubio.

We'll see if the situation with Holiday changes. I know NO are being idiotic right now, but a lot of things can change in 6 months. The Jazz should be looking for a top 10 PG/SG to team up with Mitchell. Not just replace Rubio with someone who might, or might not, turn out to be better.

Like I said, I would rather play Exum and sign Rubio as the backup. Donovan is at least a 50% PG from here on out. We need to be looking at wings and PF's more than PG. Even if Rubio leaves, I'm fine using Exum, Neto and some vet like Beverley or Avery Bradley.

The max, but only if no one else is offering anything and we’ve already struck out on some other dudes.

A strategy for Brogdan could be to drop a huge contract on his door at 12:01 am. Force the bucks to make a hard decision between their free agents and see if they blink

A strategy for Brogdan could be to drop a huge contract on his door at 12:01 am. Force the bucks to make a hard decision between their free agents and see if they blink
The difference between making Brogdon an offer and anyone else an offer, though, is that we’d have to renounce our guys before we knew we were landing Brogdon.

Brogdon>Sato>>>>>>>>>>>>Rozier. The last thing we want is another streaky small guard that has questionable shot selections.

Rozier is a better 5 year prospect than Rubio and I don't think it's close. He plays better D and he is a threat from 3. He doesn't run the offense as well as Rubio,

Plays better defense? Based on what exactly? On your word? On him being black and looking energetic ?

Plays better defense? Based on what exactly? On your word? On him being black and looking energetic ?

While Rubio was nursing his hammy last year, Rozier was helping to lead his team to the East Finals. Sure the guy is flawed, but he is a threat from outside. Both Rubio and Rozier are solid defenders, but I think Rozier is better. I'm sure we could scrounge up some stats to prove either side of that argument, but my opinion is that he is better.

And here goes the GM test - if you gave every GM the chance to have Rubio or Rozier on the same contract, my guess is that a vast majority would rather have Rozier. It's amazing what the threat of taking over a game from the outside can do for a player's value.

It’s fair to wonder about how much of Brogdon’s production this year is the product of a 5-out, fully spread floor. I’d wager things turn out way different otherwise.
Well except he is part of the “spacing” that help spread the floor. Giannis can slash all the way cuz defenders had to worry about him dishing to the perimeter shooters like Brogdon for wide open looks. I don't see why we can't do the same with Donovan slashing. The number of wide open threes Jae is getting this year has been decent. He just gotta knock them down. And it would only help us spreading the floor by bringing a proven shooter like Brogdon.

Well except he is part of the “spacing” that help spread the floor. Giannis can slash all the way cuz defenders had to worry about him dishing to the perimeter shooters like Brogdon for wide open looks. I don't see why we can't do the same with Donovan slashing. The number of wide open threes Jae is getting this year has been decent. He just gotta knock them down. And it would only help us spreading the floor by bringing a proven shooter like Brogdon.
Giannis Donovan no comparison.