What's new

I Agree with Locke- Get Al Harrington

Golfman

According to Locke, Al Harrington "Sounds like a guy who could match what Utah is looking for.
I must admit I am intrigued by a line-up of Deron, CJ, Harrington, Millsap and Memo with Hayward and Kirilenko coming off the bench. You would be long at every position but power forward and interchangeable on defense with CJ, AK, Harrington all being able to slide down to a 4 in a small line-up."

Here's a link to a very good interview by Al Harrington. I don't know if what he's saying is real, or if he is just blowing smoke to get a good contract. Probably is a little of both.

https://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/videos/2010/07/10/al-harrington-ive-got-five-good-years-left/

I only think we should go after him if Matthews leaves. We also need a big, but with Matthews and Korver leaving we need another wing.

If and it's a big if Al Harrington would be willing to leave the bright lights of NYC for Salt Lake, isn't the best the Jazz can offer the full MLE? That's a fair amount under the 10 million he made last year if I am reading everything correctly. I could see him potentially doing that for a championship contender but with Boozer, Korver and now likely Wes leaving, it looks like we're in rebuilding and not vying for a title mode.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Heroes in a half-shell
Turtle power!

They're the world's most fearsome fighting team (We're really hip!)
They're heroes in a half-shell and they're green (Hey - get a grip!)
When the evil Shredder attacks
These Turtle boys don't cut him no slack!

Splinter taught them to be ninja teens (He's a radical rat!)
Leonardo leads, Donatello...

If and it's a big if Al Harrington would be willing to leave the bright lights of NYC for Salt Lake, isn't the best the Jazz can offer the full MLE? That's a fair amount under the 10 million he made last year if I am reading everything correctly. I could see him potentially doing that for a championship contender but with Boozer, Korver and now likely Wes leaving, it looks like we're in rebuilding and not vying for a title mode.

Because he made 10M last year, that means he's worth or will get offers very close to that same dollar amount this year? No.

Harrington would be great, I think we can get a cheap wing pretty easily, or at least more easily than we can get a cheap big.

Because he made 10M last year, that means he's worth or will get offers very close to that same dollar amount this year? No.

Well I am just trying to look at a potential acquisition realistically. This is Utah after all. To land a free agent we usually have to overpay.

The problem here is that Harrington hasn't been able to play SF in quite some time and could potentially be a liability if we slide him there.

LOL. Did anybody else see Locke's tweet that agents for other players are calling the Jazz and telling them how bad the Matthews offer sheet is and they are offering up their clients as cheaper/better alternatives? Obviously it's an agents job to pimp their client but I think it's funny that the Matthews offer sheet is so bad, agents are immediately calling Utah and trying to use it as leverage.

In regards to Harrington, I love the idea. Just don't know how Utah pulls it off financially. Locke's breakdown of where you allocate your money is spot on. If Utah is going to pay money to bring a guy in, he needs to be a scorer and Harrington fits that bill. I'm also not worried about Harrington coming to Utah and being a chucker or acting like a jack-***. He's been around long enough to know whats coming the very second he signs up to play for Sloan, and if he doesn't he'll figure it out real quick.

Get Harrington and use the TPE for Gortat and Bass. Then pick up Brewer.

Dwill/Price
CJ/Brewer
Harrington/AK
Millsap/Bass
Gortat/Memo

I would say thats a really good team and should keep us in the 50 win area. Also we would still be able to compete for the division.

Get Harrington and use the TPE for Gortat and Bass. Then pick up Brewer.

Dwill/Price
CJ/Brewer
Harrington/AK
Millsap/Bass
Gortat/Memo

I would say that a really good team and should keep us in the 50 win area. Also still can compete for the division.

Sounds much better than overpaying Matthews.

You would rather re-sign Brewer instead of give hayward minutes. I know what Ronnie brings to the table. I really not interested in winning the division. I want to win a championship so any moves have to be short term so we can have enough money to get top talent and not retreads.

You would rather re-sign Brewer instead of give hayward minutes. I know what Ronnie brings to the table. I really not interested in winning the division. I want to win a championship so any moves have to be short term so we can have enough money to get top talent and not retreads.

Well......in order for the Jazz to win a title they pretty much need to win the division first. :)

I'm also not worried about Harrington coming to Utah and being a chucker or acting like a jack-***. .

That is exactly why I would not want him.
A blowhard like Harrington is not going to suddenly be a good boy for Sloan. AH has been a dik for too long. And I would suspect that if Sloan kicks his arse hard, AH will just sit on it and collect his paychecks.

Yes, an aging head case that has never really stuck with any team and will be overpaid to come here is exactly what the jazz need.

If they sign him I will have to concede that Jerry was right--I just don't know what they are trying to accomplish.