What's new

I Agree with Locke- Get Al Harrington

That is exactly why I would not want him.
A blowhard like Harrington is not going to suddenly be a good boy for Sloan. AH has been a dik for too long. And I would suspect that if Sloan kicks his arse hard, AH will just sit on it and collect his paychecks.

Oh gosh. If he wants to come to Utah, he sure as hell better know that Jerry will kick his ***. And he seems like the kind of player who would respond well to that and become a favorite of sloan to me.

Get Harrington and use the TPE for Gortat and Bass. Then pick up Brewer.

Dwill/Price
CJ/Brewer
Harrington/AK
Millsap/Bass
Gortat/Memo

I would say thats a really good team and should keep us in the 50 win area. Also we would still be able to compete for the division.

i agree. this would be the best lineup we could come up with right now except signing brewer i wouldl like to get somebody who can shoot the 3 now that wes n korver is gone, we dont have a constant 3 pt maker in this team from the guard position

The more I think about it, the more I like the Harrington idea. He is a versatile scorer that can shoot the 3 or get to the rim and he can play multiple positions.

Get Harrington and use the TPE for Gortat and Bass. Then pick up Brewer.

Dwill/Price
CJ/Brewer
Harrington/AK
Millsap/Bass
Gortat/Memo

I would say thats a really good team and should keep us in the 50 win area. Also we would still be able to compete for the division.

I do agree with Harrington for the MLE. A 6-9 scoring SF to pick up some of the offense lost with Boozer leaving.

If you’re referring to using the Boozer TPE for Gortat and Bass, I’d rather use the Harp TPE for Gortat. Then just get AK to back up Sap, with Evans or some training camp standout as 3rd string PF.

I also prefer Brewer over Othyus but if the MLE is used on Harrington, that leaves the Jazz with the 2M bi-annual exception and the 2.7M Brewer(!) TPE for him. Which should be fine as the Jazz shouldn’t overpay.

And you forgot Hayward, which I can’t believe even honz didn’t notice.

Dwill/Price
CJ/Brewer?
Harrington/Hayward
Millsap/AK
Gortat/Memo

I had a similar idea in another thread aggregating these rumors/ideas but dreams further to get Al Jefferson and Iguodala for AK and the Boozer TPE and picks (while unfortunately losing Sap and CJ to get under the tax).

Al Harrington's twitter page...look at his response to a fan asking him if he'd enjoy playing with Dwill.

https://twitter.com/a7harrington

a7harrington @Mosesstone1980 DWill is Cold as Ice. Would be my pleasure to RUN with Him!
about 13 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® in reply to Mosesstone1980

Now the question has to be posed to D Will. I am sure he will sign on. Come on Jazz. Say goodbye to Matthews and do this.

Hopefully. Of course, Orlando is pursuing him also I hear, as are the Nets. He's a NJ native (raised in Orange), and a NYer, but he's already played in Indiana and Oakland and he said in an interview he feels he has 5 good years left and would like to play for a contender, or help a team become one.

I do agree with Harrington for the MLE. A 6-9 scoring SF to pick up some of the offense lost with Boozer leaving.

If you’re referring to using the Boozer TPE for Gortat and Bass, I’d rather use the Harp TPE for Gortat. Then just get AK to back up Sap, with Evans or some training camp standout as 3rd string PF.

I also prefer Brewer over Othyus but if the MLE is used on Harrington, that leaves the Jazz with the 2M bi-annual exception and the 2.7M Brewer(!) TPE for him. Which should be fine as the Jazz shouldn’t overpay.

Dwill/Price
CJ/Brewer?
Harrington/Hayward
Millsap/AK
Gortat/Memo

I had a similar idea in another thread aggregating these rumors/ideas but dreams further to get Al Jefferson and Iguodala for AK and the Boozer TPE and picks (while unfortunately losing Sap and CJ to get under the tax).

Dwill/Price
CJ/Brewer?
Harrington/Hayward
Millsap/AK
Gortat/Memo

I like Harrington cause he's a legit scorer w/ range but I'm not sure I want to sign Al for more than 8M/per....
...but whats up w/ people on this F'n GORTAT bandwagon??? I'd much rather have Foster (1yr) & see what Fes can do!!

I was pretty much on board with Harrington when I first heard the rumor. Now the more I think about it, I want him even more. I think he could do amaznig things here. Seems like most of the fans want to find reasons not to bring in most of the players that are talked about. With Harrington, I think there's more reasons to bring him in than there are negatives......

I like Harrington cause he's a legit scorer w/ range but I'm not sure I want to sign Al for more than 8M/per....
...but whats up w/ people on this F'n GORTAT bandwagon??? I'd much rather have Foster (1yr) & see what Fes can do!!
Foster? As in the 33-year-old, career 7.5 PP30, 10.5 RP30, 0.6 BPG, recently-injured, barely-positive +/- Jeff Foster? Lulz.

At least Gortat logs one or two blocks per 30 (although his +/- was team-worst last season; red flag to me).
https://www.82games.com/0910/0910ORL.HTM
Last season, Gortat outproduced Fesenko in rebounds at a significantly higher rate (and somewhat so with blocks), but if you think Fes is offensively limited, wait 'til you deal with 8 PP30 from MG :(.

At least Gortat brings in that all-important Polish demographic lol . . . .

Don't worry about >$8M per for Harrington; nobody will pay him that. But if he's not signed anywhere, I don't see how Utah can pay more than the MLE without a willing S&T. Not sure why NYK doesn't want him back, although his +/- isn't good, either.
https://www.82games.com/0910/0910NYK.HTM
He might be one of these guys who do better in the Jazz system.

Last edited:
Foster? As in the 33-year-old, career 7.5 PP30, 10.5 RP30, 0.6 BPG, recently-injured, barely-positive +/- Jeff Foster? Lulz.

At least Gortat logs one or two blocks per 30 (although his +/- was team-worst last season; red flag to me).
https://www.82games.com/0910/0910ORL.HTM
Last season, Gortat outproduced Fesenko in rebounds at a significantly higher rate (and somewhat so with blocks), but if you think Fes is offensively limited, wait 'til you deal with 8 PP30 from MG :(.

At least Gortat brings in that all-important Polish demographic lol . . . .

Don't worry about >$8M per for Harrington; nobody will pay him that. But if he's not signed anywhere, I don't see how Utah can pay more than the MLE without a willing S&T. Not sure why NYK doesn't want him back, although his +/- isn't good, either.
https://www.82games.com/0910/0910NYK.HTM
He might be one of these guys who do better in the Jazz system.

I want Foster (tough SOB) over Gortat (slightly more polished ver of Fes) because of the salary commitment due to him (1yr/6.7M vs 4/28M)

I'd rather go to Foster's Freeze for a milkshake.

Speaking of bigs, what is Mikki Moore up to nowadays? If he's recovered from his injury, he might be a possibility at a vet minimum deal.

Harrington saying he would like to play alongside DWill is the same thing in my mind as saying he would come to Utah. Get on this. Now.

Al Harrington's twitter page...look at his response to a fan asking him if he'd enjoy playing with Dwill.

https://twitter.com/a7harrington

a7harrington @Mosesstone1980 DWill is Cold as Ice. Would be my pleasure to RUN with Him!
about 13 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® in reply to Mosesstone1980

That's code for runaway from Utah together.

And what else is he suppose to say when looking for a contract. :)