What's new

I already love Novak

I can't wait to see this board explode when Novak is starting and Hood is coming off the bench...

And why would Hood or Novak start?
Last I heard, before the draft and before free agency, Lindsey had mentioned we had starters at every position. Can only assume he meant JLIII, Ian Clark, Thomas, Murphy and Gobert.

Seriously, I'll be shocked if Synder rolls out anyone besides Burke, Burks, Hayward, Kanter and Favors...unless, of course, Utah doesn't match an offer for Gordon.

Don't look like any ward i have ever seen before and i have been in more than a few! Looks more like a dog track?
good guess,but its a horse track.The odds board shows the 3 color as blue blanket and the 4 as yellow. At a dogtrack the 3 blanket is white and the 4 blanket is green.Retired greyhound kennel owner,once had a greyhound named Stockton to Malone. I agree with you on this coming year for the Jazz. Corbin was not only the worst coach in the league ,but the worst in history.

good guess,but its a horse track.The odds board shows the 3 color as blue blanket and the 4 as yellow. At a dogtrack the 3 blanket is white and the 4 blanket is green.Retired greyhound kennel owner,once had a greyhound named Stockton to Malone. I agree with you on this coming year for the Jazz. Corbin was not only the worst coach in the league ,but the worst in history.
Not only did I learn that you know a n awful lot about dog tracks, but I also learned that your screen resolution kicks mines ***. Thanks for the lessons.

Anyone in love with Novak should spend some time over on a Raptors board. They're over there doing jumping jacks because it only cost a 2nd to dump him. Not a good sign.

Anyone in love with Novak should spend some time over on a Raptors board. They're over there doing jumping jacks because it only cost a 2nd to dump him. Not a good sign.

Yeah because opinions found on message boards on the internet are typically totally sensible and good indicators of reality.

Yeah because opinions found on message boards on the internet are typically totally sensible and good indicators of reality.

In some situations, they obviously are very good indicators. If it was 50/50, then it means nothing, but when it's basically unanimous and they're praising their GM as a God for paying to dump a guy while getting nothing in return, it's a pretty good indicator that you shouldn't get your hopes up for this guy to be our next Korver.

Like it or not, this deal was made to acquire a 2nd round pick, not Novak. Wrap your head around that and then you tell me whether or not you really think this guy is going to play real minutes and make a decent impact.

In some situations, They obviously are very good indicators. If it was 50/50, then it means nothing, but when it's basically unanimous and they're praising their GM as a God for paying to dump a guy while getting nothing in return, it's a pretty good indicator that you shouldn't get your hopes up for this guy to be our next Korver.

Like it or not, this deal was made to acquire a 2nd round pick, not Novak. Wrap your head around that and then you tell me whether or not you really think this guy is going to play real minutes and make a decent impact.

I think he will definitely play or else they wouldn't have taken on his contract. There are other 'fillers' out there they could've gotten for a 2nd round if that's what they truly coveted. Spurs/DL always had shooters on their roster. We'll see.. I love the acquisition, although I wish it was John Lucas III who got traded instead of Garrett.

Remember how DJ Augustin was utilized in Toronto vs. Chicago? Toronto was doing jumping jacks back then too.

Not saying Novak is gonna even be a rotation player-- but I'm timid to quell any excitement because of Raptors fans.

Like i tried to say in the other thread, for a high 40 % 3 point shooter, Novak is actually fairly streaky, and when hes missing hes useless.

That Tony Jones tweet about how they see him as a backup to Kanter at PF is a bit scary, but im not taking it all that seriously, Novak is an end of the bench guy, hes here to be an awesome teammate(which he is) and for salary reasons, plus he netted a 2nd rounder.

Some are ready to sign this guy up to backup duties and give him 15-20 minutes per game, Ive been following Steve Novak for half of my life and I find that notion to be laughable at this point in his career. Its disrespectful to Jeremy Evans whos way better.

Last year's Raptors SF/PF bench players;

Patrick Patterson 24mpg
John Salmons 22mpg
Tyler Hansboro 15mpg
Quincy Acy 13mpg
Chuck Hayes 12mpg
Landry Fields 11mpg
Steve Novak 10mpg

How a few local sports writers have convinced posters around here that this guy is ready for an increased role and backup minutes is beyond me.

I actually find it quite amusing that the sheeple are so easily misled

They are both going to play PF for the Jazz right?

Yeah i guess you cant compare them. Apples and Oranges

:p

Yeah, cuz when you come in a play a backup role, like PF, there is a set way to play and each backup PF must play that way.

Evans is going to be a energy guy, Novak will be a floor spacer. Whatever the situation calls for.

Last year's Raptors SF/PF bench players;

Patrick Patterson 24mpg
John Salmons 22mpg
Tyler Hansboro 15mpg
Quincy Acy 13mpg
Chuck Hayes 12mpg
Landry Fields 11mpg
Steve Novak 10mpg

How a few local sports writers have convinced posters around here that this guy is ready for an increased role and backup minutes is beyond me.

I actually find it quite amusing that the sheeple are so easily misled

The best part of this trade is Novak isn't RJ or Marvin and the Jazz don't have a vet-lover as a coach. I don't care if Novak plays 5 mins or 15 or shoots 20% or 50%; the important thing is to NOT have him start over Kanter.

If you're streaky and still shoot 43% from 3 you must have some really good streaks.
Streaky or not, 43% is 43%.