Last year's Raptors SF/PF bench players;

Patrick Patterson 24mpg
John Salmons 22mpg
Tyler Hansboro 15mpg
Quincy Acy 13mpg
Chuck Hayes 12mpg
Landry Fields 11mpg
Steve Novak 10mpg

If anyone had any doubts about how much of a useless scrub Novak is, this post should have erased it. 7.2 mil non expiring contract of a pathetic scrub, which will count 3.6 mil next year against the CAP plus a nice trade exception for Toronto just for a second round pick? What a poor move by DL, no matter how you slice it.

If anyone had any doubts about how much of a useless scrub Novak is, this post should have erased it. 7.2 mil non expiring contract of a pathetic scrub, which will count 3.6 mil next year against the CAP plus a nice trade exception for Toronto just for a second round pick? What a poor move by DL, no matter how you slice it.

and the year before that he averaged 20 minutes for a 50+ win team. soooo...

whoa.. just saw the thread title. Novak on the Jazz now, I presume? I saw someone say 'trade.' Who'd we trade?

Last year's Raptors SF/PF bench players;

Patrick Patterson 24mpg
John Salmons 22mpg
Tyler Hansboro 15mpg
Quincy Acy 13mpg
Chuck Hayes 12mpg
Landry Fields 11mpg
Steve Novak 10mpg

How a few local sports writers have convinced posters around here that this guy is ready for an increased role and backup minutes is beyond me.

I actually find it quite amusing that the sheeple are so easily misled

Lol.........

Ok, so let's be honest,,, Novak isn't going to be a guy that is going to just start producing insane numbers. He's not in the NBA for that reason. He's a role player, that's it. I'm not saying that he isn't going contribute. I think that he could be a lot more productive on a team like the Utah Jazz. His defense is weak, but he can shoot 3's like nobody's business. We can use him for those tight situations to grab a lead. I would love to see him get 15-20 minutes a game given the situation. Anymore than that and we are asking for a defensive disaster.