What's new

I have seen the future...

I love Crowder, but I don’t think he has the same impact on defense at the 4 spot that Favors does. I agree that we need to see how it works in the playoffs to know what to invest for the future - but the Gobert, Favors, Crowder, Jerebko frontcourt is getting the job DONE leading up to the playoffs.

Also, let’s say Favors makes a big jump as a shooter next season like Millsap did when he left for Atlanta. That only makes the Wasatch Front that more amazing.

I’m waiting to see how the playoffs go and how his next contract looks, but this team is uniquely built and I’m hoping to keep the best young players from that group together as long as possible.

Last edited:
Right - that's about what I was thinking. He doesn't have that baby deer look that he's had in the past.

He looks like an actual man playing with men.
And i didn't notice his weird flayed out fingers thing he does alot and constantly grabbing his shorts and skipping at times rather than running.
He still looks a little weird (his mouth breathing is still a bit odd) but not near as much.

****, the chickens have been sold. Dante is legit as can be. Someone is going to offer him a big contract. He is so next-level on his power, explosiveness, speed and aggressiveness to even where he was in summer league. His shot may never be that good, but his speed is mega-elite and he plays smart.

I didn't expect this so quick. I'm giddy in a way I've never really been about a Jazz player to be honest, just because I didn't expect him to look so big and strong last night.
This has to be sarcasm right? Or hyperbole at least?

I love Crowder, but I don’t think he has the same impact on defense at the 4 spot that Favors does. I agree that we need to see how it works in the playoffs to know what to invest for the future - but the Gobert, Favors, Crowder, Jerebko frontcourt is getting the job DONE leading up to the playoffs.

Also, let’s say Favors makes a big jump as a shooter next season like Millsap did when he left for Atlanta. That only makes the Wasatch Front that more amazing.

I’m waiting to see how the playoffs go and how his next contract looks, but this team is uniquely built and I’m hoping to keep the best young players from that group together as long as possible.
But I have seen stats that still say favors on the jazz isn't good. Look in the favors thread at a post by Piso.

This has to be sarcasm right? Or hyperbole at least?

Ha ha! Nope. Granted, I don't think he's going to be Donovan. But I glimpsed the future Dante last night and was pretty blown away. I'm going all-in on him.

Exum has played 14 minutes against one of the worst defensive teams in the league. Let's wait a little before the fireworks!
1v61Clm.gif

Here's a simple reality. Our backcourt 5 years from now will be Donovan and Dante. They will be 25-26 and ideally hitting their prime. There isn't any superlative I can say about Donovan that hasn't been said already. 3 months ago we were talking about how his ceiling is probably Damian Lillard. We're not talking about his floor being Damian Lillard. What we need from Dante right now is very different from what we needed from Dante a year ago. To use the Lillard comparison, we do not want him to be CJ McCollum. We can see how even though both Dame and CJ are all-star level players, their skills and roles overlap and don't complement each other as much as you'd want. The Blazers are doing well right now, but they'd be much better off with a different kind of player in place of CJ.

I'm glad Dante isn't Donovan and I hope he develops into a different kind of player. We know Donovan will have the ball in his hands a lot 5 years from now. I want Dante to be a good sput-up shooter. I want him to be a hard-nosed defender who can cover every swingman from 6'4 to 6'9 because vast majority of NBA stars these days are at that height. I want him to be be able to create for his teammates and to provide play-making. I want him to be able to fill up a stat sheet in the AK way as opposed to the CJ McCollum way.

Here's a simple reality. Our backcourt 5 years from now will be Donovan and Dante. They will be 25-26 and ideally hitting their prime. There isn't any superlative I can say about Donovan that hasn't been said already. 3 months ago we were talking about how his ceiling is probably Damian Lillard. We're not talking about his floor being Damian Lillard. What we need from Dante right now is very different from what we needed from Dante a year ago. To use the Lillard comparison, we do not want him to be CJ McCollum. We can see how even though both Dame and CJ are all-star level players, their skills and roles overlap and don't complement each other as much as you'd want. The Blazers are doing well right now, but they'd be much better off with a different kind of player in place of CJ.

I'm glad Dante isn't Donovan and I hope he develops into a different kind of player. We know Donovan will have the ball in his hands a lot 5 years from now. I want Dante to be a good sput-up shooter. I want him to be a hard-nosed defender who can cover every swingman from 6'4 to 6'9 because vast majority of NBA stars these days are at that height. I want him to be be able to create for his teammates and to provide play-making. I want him to be able to fill up a stat sheet in the AK way as opposed to the CJ McCollum way.

Didn’t read the whole thing but the CJ Dame thing has its limits because they are both bad defenders and they are somewhat redundant as ball handlers. Like CJ could be maximized as a ball handling point guard who moves off ball. They complement each other because they can shoot.

It is kind of like Rudy/Favs... they can work together on defense well because both are good defenders but they complicate things for us offensively and Favs is neutered a bit when they are on the floor because he isn’t the primary roll man.

Here is why I’m excited about the theoretical fit with DM and Dante... they can both defend pretty well 1-3. DM has guarded 3s and held his own for the most part. So you could actually add a guy like Dame or CJ into that mix and I think it’d work well... you could also add a wing instead if that was a better route.

Having positional flexibility is so great because sometimes the best guy you can get isn’t always the best fit. If Ricky or Dante were Better shooters I’d be curious to see if that combo worked... I’m still curious but I think there could be spacing issues.

Dante haters gonna eat some serious crow.

Nah, they'll just go into hiding and hope for another injury so they can pop their heads up again to say "I told ya so", as if getting injured proves he isn't a good player.

Some of the dumbest posts ever posted on this board have been anti-Exum posts over the last year. I'm looking forward to certain people having to choke on their own excrement that they've been spewing while he's been injured.

Exum now has a PER this season of 19.5(2nd best on team). Per 100 possessions he is averaging 35.9 (Best on team) points, 10.8 rebounds and 7.2 assists.

All this and he was rusty and got screwed on the charge call that should have been an And 1!

I am pretty high on this team! I might have a hangover this off season but I am drinking all the koolaid I can right now. I am even freezing the koolaid I cant drink for popsicles to enjoy during the playoffs!

Exum now has a PER this season of 19.5(2nd best on team). Per 100 possessions he is averaging 35.9 (Best on team) points, 10.8 rebounds and 7.2 assists.

All this and he was rusty and got screwed on the charge call that should have been an And 1!

I am pretty high on this team! I might have a hangover this off season but I am drinking all the koolaid I can right now. I am even freezing the koolaid I cant drink for popsicles to enjoy during the playoffs!

NOT BORING.

Two games against two very bad teams and Exum already has 4 of 11 shooting in 27 minutes, 4 assists, 4 TOs and -12 while on the floor. Yeah... he is conquering the league. Now I see it! I even think he should be a favorite to win Most Improved Player.

Woah... ease up there. Let's not count our chickens :)
That was the old Dante. He ain't no chicken any more. Though he's obviously rusty, he doesn't appear to be tentative. That's why I think there's reason to be excited about a 1/2 rotation of Ricky, Dante and Donovan.

Two games against two very bad teams and Exum already has 4 of 11 shooting in 27 minutes, 4 assists, 4 TOs and -12 while on the floor. Yeah... he is conquering the league. Now I see it! I even think he should be a favorite to win Most Improved Player.

So his new contract won't break the bank?

When Dante first entered the game and Sac went on a hot streak from 3 I thought some asshat would use +/- against Dante.

When Dante first entered the game and Sac went on a hot streak from 3 I thought some asshat would use +/- against Dante.

yeah. Dante really didn't have a ton to do with the +-. He did have couple TO's in the first half but generally the Kings were just hitting shots on other guys. He didn't have great game today, but like Quin said we need to judge him on other things than stats for a while. His stint at the end of the game was crucial. He locked down a couple drives and had some good offensive plays including an assist. I was glad he was able to get in there and contribute. Definitely looks rusty overall, and not quite in the flow of the offense at times. Completely understandable. He just needs to keep getting minutes.

yeah. Dante really didn't have a ton to do with the +-. He did have couple TO's in the first half but generally the Kings were just hitting shots on other guys. He didn't have great game today, but like Quin said we need to judge him on other things than stats for a while. His stint at the end of the game was crucial. He locked down a couple drives and had some good offensive plays including an assist. I was glad he was able to get in there and contribute. Definitely looks rusty overall, and not quite in the flow of the offense at times. Completely understandable. He just needs to keep getting minutes.

Yeah agreed.
My only real worry (but it is too early), is that he is so weak around the rim - plus he has poor feel. I think he should be trying to get to the line more and look to get fouled trying to dunk.. I mean is this a good strategy when you lack finesse..