What's new

I HOPE WE GET SWEPT

I do too, but we are both Jazz fans. Most people probably take Westbrook over Gobert. Regardless, there are still 10 guys on my list without him. Gobert is not a top 10 NBA player.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
I agree with all of that

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I do too, but we are both Jazz fans. Most people probably take Westbrook over Gobert. Regardless, there are still 10 guys on my list without him. Gobert is not a top 10 NBA player.

Gobert is better than Westbrook by a mile. Lillard is the opposite of Gobert.

Gobert might not be top 10 but it's close. He's the DPOY the last two years and that's 1/2 the game. Pretty much any advanced statistic puts him at the top.

Gobert is better than Westbrook by a mile. Lillard is the opposite of Gobert.

Gobert might not be top 10 but it's close. He's the DPOY the last two years and that's 1/2 the game. Pretty much any advanced statistic puts him at the top.
Yeah, people acting like the DPOY x2 is not in the conversation as a top 10 player are the kinds of fans I hate.

I think it doesn't matter if Gobert is nr 7, 12 or 15. We may argue about it but in the end there is no such a big difference between those guys. But he is not the top 4 - 5, this super top tier of LeBron, Kawhi, Giannis, arguably Durant, maybe Harden. Those are guys who are either great on the both sides of the court or offensively amazing and can regularly deliver you 40 or more. As impactfull as Rudy is he can't pull the team out of a hole if it's losing by 20, he needs someone great on offense on his side to share the leadership of the team. It may be frustrating at times for him. And the reason why he is not really worth supermax. That being said I still love him and hope he will stay on the team and solve his issues with Donovan.

Yeah, people acting like the DPOY x2 is not in the conversation as a top 10 player are the kinds of fans I hate.
Back to my original point - Gobert is a top 15 regular season player. The DPOY is a regular season award.

Until Gobert dominates in the playoffs, nobody should consider him near top ten player. Does he play like a DPOY in the playoffs? Against Houston he has been a good starter. Not great, not excellent and definitely not some top 20 elite difference maker. He has to step up when it matters for true respect. That's why Lillard is at a different level.

LeBron
Steph
Durant
Kawhi
AD
Lillard
Harden
Westbrook
Siakim
Giannis
Embiid

That's 11. No, Gobert is not top 10. You could argue guys like Kemba, Beal, Doncic, Klay, and others are better too.

Until Gobert dominates in some playoff games, he isn't a top 15 NBA player. I love him, but he doesn't impact a series when it matters most.

He’s better than AD, Lillard, Westbrook, Embiid. Easy.

Haven't people been saying that they hoped we get swept for the last 3 years to give Donovan and Rudy a 'more desire to win?"

I hope the jazz get swept out of the playoffs for the next 20 years. That way, 21 years from now I can have a heart attack and die when the finally win again.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app

A 4-0 beat down in round 1 will help this team long term We need to blow this team up and start from scratch. Let Donovan and Rudy walk. The players hate each other.

Hopefully we suck enough to get a top pick and do not blow it on an Enes Kanter type scam
This post makes me so happy the dislike button has been added!
Only thing better would be a rule that if you say something so stupid that you get 50 dislikes then your account gets locked for a week.

Being serious. I want to blow it up and rebuild. Neither Donovan or Rudy are stars in today’s nba

Blow it up? Rebuild and bank on draft picks even though that means we'll likely enter a 6-7 year process and if we got to where we are now after that 7 year process we'd be considered lucky!? This is the answer?
Do you ever get tired of aiming for the ground and being a low-expectation having mo fo?

Blow it up? Rebuild and bank on draft picks even though that means we'll likely enter a 6-7 year process and if we got to where we are now after that 7 year process we'd be considered lucky!? This is the answer?
Do you ever get tired of aiming for the ground and being a low-expectation having mo fo?

Donovan and Rudy just aren’t good enough to get us rings. Simple as that. Rather not break the bank to resign them when our only shot at a title is drafting stars. U know free agents won’t come to Utah.

Donovan and Rudy just aren’t good enough to get us rings. Simple as that. Rather not break the bank to resign them when our only shot at a title is drafting stars. U know free agents won’t come to Utah.
Well the 2004 Pistons, you could argue that no 2 of their starters could lead a team to the championship. They got Ben Wallace as an almost afterthought in a trade and also rejuvenated Chauncey Billups' career. Then Rasheed Wallace. So with Ben, Rasheed, Billups, Hamilton, and Prince, that was good enough. No superstars. Just hard working but talented players. We have Rudy, Donavan Mitchell, Bogey, and Clarkson. Our best chance lies in trying to emulate the 04 Pistons. No guarantees, but at least you get a puncher's chance. So perhaps a smart trade and a surprisingly good draft pick just might work wonders.

You do know we drafted 2 All-Stars, right?

Jazz play the Pels, Thunder, Lakers, Grizzlies, Spurs twice, Nuggets and Mavs.

I see 5 or 6 wins. Worst case, we go 4-4.

Both are better than DWill ever was. They can get us rings but it will take a lot of luck. That's true for most teams. I'd rather be a good competitive team for years and hope we get lucky one year. Just like the Stockton and Malone days. It took many first round loses and bad playoff years before breaking through. Unfortunately they didn't catch enough breaks to win it all but I would rather try for that then get stuck in the lottery for decades hoping to draft the next big star and hope he doesn't leave like LeBron did. Cleveland was lucky they drafted a big time star who was also from there. That isn't going to happen often. I'll take my chances keeping two all stars then chasing slightly better all stars in the draft multiple years. I don't really want to be Philly.

I don't really want to be Philly.

This. For all the talk about the Process and how it worked, the Sixers have won 52, 51, and were on pace to win 49 games this year. That's almost identical to the Jazz record over the same span. They've also made it to the second round twice in the past 3 years, which is also what the Jazz have done.

I'd much rather Jazz had a consistently decent team that won 50 games and considered it a success to make it out of the first round than have constant rebuilds that would get us to win 50 games once every five years and also be lucky to make it to the second round.

This. For all the talk about the Process and how it worked, the Sixers have won 52, 51, and were on pace to win 49 games this year. That's almost identical to the Jazz record over the same span. They've also made it to the second round twice in the past 3 years, which is also what the Jazz have done.

I'd much rather Jazz had a consistently decent team that won 50 games and considered it a success to make it out of the first round than have constant rebuilds that would get us to win 50 games once every five years and also be lucky to make it to the second round.

The Sixers blew it by drafting Fultz over Tatum and by overpaying Tobias and Horford. Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory...