What's new

I thought we got rid of Andrei

Whatever you think of Sloan (and I wasn't a big fan of his either) the guy absolutely was a hall of famer. He had great success in the NBA, coaching at the highest level. His teams made the playoffs almost every year, and he consistently made scrubs look like good players. Blatt should not have his name mentioned in the same sentence as Sloan. His success in Europe is nothing compared to what Sloan accomplished. .

Sloan got lucky to be in right place with Stockton and Malone. He was fired from Chicago where he did not make any scrubs look like good players - he actually drove me crazy for liking and playing scrubs with no talent who should have never played in NBA ( J.Collins, Borchardt, Macleod, Fuller for example ). He never won anything, period. He has losing record in playoffs - that is way more important that the fact he made playoffs riding Stockton and Malone coattails.
You think NBA is all that matters and rest of world can't play or coach basketball? As I said you are ignorant. Blatt won everywhere he coached in numerous finals including Euroleague and Eurobasket. Sloan won nothing.
LOSING record in playoffs=failure. That's what hurts Sloan - he got lucky to have best PG and PF duo in basketball history to keep his job for that long but yet he failed to win having them.

Since 2004, AK has only played in 70 games twice, with the most being 72 once. He's injury prone.

And clearly those accolades you speak if weren't warranted if the dude couldn't even very a team to the playoffs.

You ask what all star, defensive first team player wouldn't complain about a reduced role? The easy answer is, show me one that couldn't lead his team to the playoffs, and I bet he likely had his role reduced the next year. Did he complain? And did his team improve?

So you can't find me an example, thanks. AK lead his scrub team in 2003-2004 to 41 win when they were predicted to win 9 games. He lead his Russia team to gold medal in 2007 Eurobasket when nobody was even predicting they will win any medals.
And yes, AK missed some games. Not half the season every year as you tried to blow out of proportion in previous post.

Sloan got lucky to be in right place with Stockton and Malone. He was fired from Chicago where he did not make any scrubs look like good players - he actually drove me crazy for liking and playing scrubs with no talent who should have never played in NBA ( J.Collins, Borchardt, Macleod, Fuller for example ). He never won anything, period. He has losing record in playoffs - that is way more important that the fact he made playoffs riding Stockton and Malone coattails.
You think NBA is all that matters and rest of world can't play or coach basketball? As I said you are ignorant. Blatt won everywhere he coached in numerous finals including Euroleague and Eurobasket. Sloan won nothing.
LOSING record in playoffs=failure. That's what hurts Sloan - he got lucky to have best PG and PF duo in basketball history to keep his job for that long but yet he failed to win having them.

Sloan kept going to the playoffs after Stockton and Malone. He took Boozer to the conference finals. He won many playoff series. To say he won nothing is a lie. The only thing he didn't win was the NBA Finals.

Blatt winning in the minor leagues is totally irrelevant.

So you can't find me an example, thanks. AK lead his scrub team in 2003-2004 to 41 win when they were predicted to win 9 games. He lead his Russia team to gold medal in 2007 Eurobasket when nobody was even predicting they will win any medals.
And yes, AK missed some games. Not half the season every year as you tried to blow out of proportion in previous post.

You're the one who can't find an example. I'll say Mutumbo. He was on the all defense team, took a lesser role, didn't complain. Garnett too. Same with David Robinson. Hakeem the dream was also on the all defense team and took a lesser role when the Rockets got Barkley, but he didn't complain.

Now, your turn. Show me one that complained besides AK.

You're the one who can't find an example. I'll say Mutumbo. He was on the all defense team, took a lesser role, didn't complain. Garnett too. Same with David Robinson. Hakeem the dream was also on the all defense team and took a lesser role when the Rockets got Barkley, but he didn't complain.

Now, your turn. Show me one that complained besides AK.

Your examples are about players way past their prime - see AK on Wolves now, is he complaining? AK was in his prime when Sloan turned him into role player.

What is it about Gordon Kirilenko that makes me cringe half the time? When he shoots the ball I have no confidence he will make it. When he drives I'm sure he will lose the ball. He does make some nice off the ball blocks and seems to be a better one on one defender than he gets credit for. Sounds a lot like Andrei. I realize Gordon is young but let's hope he continues to develop. At least we can say we aren't paying him 17M.

I want to disagree ..... but I cant.

Blatt winning in the minor leagues is totally irrelevant.

It is not minor leagues. He won second best league in the world and European championship. It is not like he won some Dleague or NCAA. And you missing fact that he won on multiple levels, with multiple teams with different players and in different countries. Sloan could not do squat until he got lucky with Stockton and Malone. Making playoffs with Deron, Boozer, Okur, Harpring and AK would not have been a difficult task to any coach.
I guess we should really wait until Sloan is hired again by some scrub team and does his magic there to really judge him. I am really disappointed he did not get Charlotte job, would be perfect situation to test his "greatness".

Your examples are about players way past their prime - see AK on Wolves now, is he complaining? AK was in his prime when Sloan turned him into role player.

Lol, Garnett ess in the prime of his career when he was traded and took a lesser role. Olajuwon was also in the prime of his career when he took a lesser role. David Robinson was in the prime of his career when the Spurs got Duncan and he took a lesser role.

Again, your turn. Show me an example of one who complained, besides AK.

It is not minor leagues. He won second best league in the world and European championship. It is not like he won some Dleague or NCAA. And you missing fact that he won on multiple levels, with multiple teams with different players and in different countries. Sloan could not do squat until he got lucky with Stockton and Malone. Making playoffs with Deron, Boozer, Okur, Harpring and AK would not have been a difficult task to any coach.
I guess we should really wait until Sloan is hired again by some scrub team and does his magic there to really judge him. I am really disappointed he did not get Charlotte job, would be perfect situation to test his "greatness".

Sloan was offered several coaching jobs, including that Charlotte job, and turned them down. Funny, none of these experts at the highest level offered Blatt the job.

We'll see how great Sloan is or isn't when he's coaching the Lakers next year.

Lol, Garnett ess in the prime of his career when he was traded and took a lesser role. Olajuwon was also in the prime of his career when he took a lesser role. David Robinson was in the prime of his career when the Spurs got Duncan and he took a lesser role.

Again, your turn. Show me an example of one who complained, besides AK.

Now I really question your memory. Olajuwon was nowhere near his prime when Barkley joined Rockets. Garnett as well - and even then I would argue that his role was not that much reduced, he played in same position and same minutes and got more then enough touches... Robinson was in his prime in 1993 not in 1999-2001.

Sloan was offered several coaching jobs, including that Charlotte job, and turned them down. Funny, none of these experts at the highest level offered Blatt the job.

We'll see how great Sloan is or isn't when he's coaching the Lakers next year.

Looks like you missed the the sad truth. Sloan was never offered any positions, he was interviewed for position at Charlotte and Jordan chose other coach. Sloan never turned down that position.

Looks like you missed the the sad truth. Sloan was never offered any positions, he was interviewed for position at Charlotte and Jordan chose other coach. Sloan never turned down that position.
He did not choose a different coach until after Sloan took his name out of consideration. Your right he was not offered the job. Because he turned it down before they did offer it.