What's new

I wanna get a motorcycle

pickledXgrandma

Is there any motorcycle riders on the board? Im 5'7 and im looking for something not too big. Do you guys have any advice on what a good beginner bike would be? I have been looking at the Honda Shadow VLX 600. Any advice is much appreciated

Is there any motorcycle riders on the board? Im 5'7 and im looking for something not too big. Do you guys have any advice on what a good beginner bike would be? I have been looking at the Honda Shadow VLX 600. Any advice is much appreciated

my dad has 8 bikes. i learned to ride on an 86 honda cb450. my dad loves his harleys but has always said honda makes the best bikes but he likes byeing American. i can help u if u are getting a used one just tell me which ones are options and ill tell you the Best one to get.

my dad has 8 bikes. i learned to ride on an 86 honda cb450. my dad loves his harleys but has always said honda makes the best bikes but he likes byeing American. i can help u if u are getting a used one just tell me which ones are options and ill tell you the Best one to get.

My dad has 9 bikes.

check out a suzuki sv650. not quite a sport bike but not really a cruiser either. great bike for a beginner and also not something you will soon "grow out of". also nice for shorter riders. i picked up an 02 with 12k miles for 2000 a few years ago. heres a pic, I've done some mods to give a sportier look and feel, quite different from stock.

367.jpg

also you should look into a motorcycle safety course, they offer them at dixie college here in st george. its like 100 dollars for a 3 day class, they teach you everything you need to know to ride a bike even if you've never even sat on one, the last day is all hands on riding, and once you complete the course it counts as your driving test for your motorcycle endorsement on your liscence.

check out a suzuki sv650. not quite a sport bike but not really a cruiser either. great bike for a beginner and also not something you will soon "grow out of". also nice for shorter riders. i picked up an 02 with 12k miles for 2000 a few years ago. heres a pic, I've done some mods to give a sportier look and feel, quite different from stock.

367.jpg

slick Bike dude. Suzuki's are quick but my dad said he used to always have shifting and cooling problems with his suzy so i havent rid one i think in like 3 years.

also you should look into a motorcycle safety course, they offer them at dixie college here in st george. its like 100 dollars for a 3 day class, they teach you everything you need to know to ride a bike even if you've never even sat on one, the last day is all hands on riding, and once you complete the course it counts as your driving test for your motorcycle endorsement on your liscence.

Yeah im actually doing the one up here at Salt Lake Community College. I just found out you get a discount on your motorcycle insurance when you have taken the safety course as well.

I'm serious when I say this: Call me so I can get you life insurance.

People who ride motor bikes = Chowder heads.