What's new

If Kings decide to trade Jimmer potential suitors are Jazz, Suns

The Kings won't be giving him up this soon for crap and 2nd rounders. We can forget about that. It would have to be something else. If the FO gave up the GS pick, it would be a clear sign that money is the priority over building a serious contender, and a major disappointment, IMO.

I think the other possibilty is a Millsap trade for someone like maybe Evans, with Jimmer as filler.

Well that's ****ing stupid. Timmer can suck a dick off a cliff, but I'm not about to say that anyone that feels differently is some clueless, dogma huffing, sheltered, dip **** honky from Provo.

Ohhh, that's right, you didn't get to make the trip to Tijuana. Mama had to use all of your trip money to bail your baby brother out of jail. That expains all the hostility we see out of you. Sorry, bro.

Ohhh, that's right, you didn't get to make the trip to Tijuana. Mama had to use all of your trip money to bail your baby brother out of jail. That expains all the hostility we see out of you. Sorry, bro.

I'm sorry you didn't like that I used your weak style and that this even weaker attempt is all you got.

In short; Aw. :(

I'm still not assuming you're Utah County swill. EDIT: But you took offense to something, so maybe I was onto something.

Now is the perfect time to buy Jimmer. His stock will never be lower.

Oh, his stock can definately drop lower. Right now, he's still got the hype of being drafted fairly high. Unfortunately for him, many of the problems that he was predicted to have in the NBA, have proven to be all too real. He's not in a great situation with the Kings, but it's not like he didn't have his chances. He got his shot, but the fact is that he just got outplayed by Isiah Thomas.

If the Kings are looking to trade him, you know it's because they're expecting the bottom to fall out, and want to get what they can, while they still can. It's not completely impossible that Jimmer becomes the next Linsanity story, but it's much more likely he turns into the exact player many of us predicted him to be, which is mainly just a shooter off the bench for limited minutes, to minimize his liability on the defensive end.

Is there something about hitting 50 posts that gives you the rep power you're due based on how long you've been registered? You went from no rep power to 6.

I listened to Ben Maller's radio show on the internet tonight and he brought up Jimmer to Utah saying the Kings approached the Jazz about possibly trading Jimmer to them. Maller said his twitter is blowing up from tweets about Jimmer to the Jazz and said the Jazz will try to get a deal done, but no deal is imminent.

Is there something about hitting 50 posts that gives you the rep power you're due based on how long you've been registered? You went from no rep power to 6.

I have to say, I don't understand rep power at all, and was playing around to see how it worked. I was attempting to troll a bit so I could see what neg rep does, but then all of the sudden I have 6 rep. I figured that rep was fungible and once I spread it around, my number would go down. So I guess that isn't the case, huh?

More than likely I am the Golden Child of Jazzfanz, a Tim Tebow if you will, that was promised. In the time that the man with mysterious rep power appears it shall be a sign that the Jazz shall increase in stature and win a championship, and this board shall be the recipient of much traffic and glory!!!

Or we trade for Jimmer and the traffic comes via that.

I have to say, I don't understand rep power at all, and was playing around to see how it worked. I was attempting to troll a bit so I could see what neg rep does, but then all of the sudden I have 6 rep. I figured that rep was fungible and once I spread it around, my number would go down. So I guess that isn't the case, huh?

More than likely I am the Golden Child of Jazzfanz, a Tim Tebow if you will, that was promised. In the time that the man with mysterious rep power appears it shall be a sign that the Jazz shall increase in stature and win a championship, and this board shall be the recipient of much traffic and glory!!!

Or we trade for Jimmer and the traffic comes via that.

I seriously wish I could rep you for this awesome post, but I have to spread the rep around first.

Watched Jimmer play last night in his last summer league game. He had a good game: 31 mins, 19 pts on 4-7, 2-3 from 3 and 9-10 FT. He also had 5 assists, two rebounds and 3 TO's.

On the positive side using Yancy Gates crushing screen he got into the paint made good things happen, scoring or kicking the ball out to Gate for a jumper. His passing while not displaying great court vision were on target.

My biggest complaint was he never seemed to sprint on the court. He needed to setup off the ball screens and sprint around them so he could get open looks. He appeared to just jog. On defense he needed to sprint around screen, on close out rotations or back on defense. I don't know if he really just that slow or lazy.

So IMO he might become a below-average defender with better effort. If he could learn to use screens better off the ball he would be a better Korver on offense. So in the right situation he could be valuable. I still think it isn't on our team.

Jimmer makes sense to the Jazz as a project if we get him cheap (i.e. for Bell). We have a veteran starting point guard being backed up by two other vet players, something that can only last another season or two at most before we need to replace at least one part, if not more. We can take a punt and see if Jimmer is a good player in a bad situation, or just a bad player. If he works out half-decent, even as a backup, good. If not, we let his rookie contract expire and look anew for a PG.

Jimmer can be another Kyle Korver with better offensive skills(ability to drive). Fair trades for Jimmer I would make:

Lottery protected 1st round & Trade exception for Jimmer
Earl Watson, Lottery protected 1st round for Jimmer

Anything more than that we are overpaying. I think he will be a good not great NBA player and there is no need to overpay for him.

Jimmer can be another Kyle Korver with better offensive skills(ability to drive). Fair trades for Jimmer I would make:

Lottery protected 1st round & Trade exception for Jimmer
Earl Watson, Lottery protected 1st round for Jimmer

Anything more than that we are overpaying. I think he will be a good not great NBA player and there is no need to overpay for him.

His shot isn't as quick and he is a bigger defensive liability because of his size and the fact that he is going to be doing more (attempts at) on-ball defense than Korver did because he would be guarding PG's.

I'd rather poop in my pants than get Jimmer.

I don't follow the reasoning behind wanting to poop in your pants that much.
That's right up there with Bacon/Jalapeno Cheeseburgers, NBA Title's, and Pots of Gold at the end of rainbows.

His shot isn't as quick and he is a bigger defensive liability because of his size and the fact that he is going to be doing more (attempts at) on-ball defense than Korver did because he would be guarding PG's.

He is a bad defender now but has the potential to be decent. His speed shown at the combine proves that. He just needs to improve his technique.

Let's get a guy that is overwhelming overrated in Utah so we can get jerseys and then have him chuck up the last shot of every game and have their other PG/G destroy us cause he won't be able to guard him. Poop in pants > Jimmer.