What's new

If not Rubio then what?

Me saying Rubi is our best PG option on our roster =/= me saying he is the long term answer.

Nah but it’s logical to conclude that when someone says we need a floor general type and Ricky is a floor general type that you are making the argument for Ricky.

I wasn’t making a straw man argument at all... I do know a guy that does doe... or at least he moves the mark when he feels defensive.

You are tying yourself into pretzels.

'Rubio runs the offense well' is a complete non-sequitur when the offense suffers when he plays. It's ridiculous.

I’m kind of into production myself... I don’t care how well the offense runs if the results are effective.

Nah but it’s logical to conclude that when someone says we need a floor general type and Ricky is a floor general type that you are making the argument for Ricky.

I wasn’t making a straw man argument at all... I do know a guy that does doe... or at least he moves the mark when he feels defensive.
Lopo must have hacked your account.

Lopo must have hacked your account.

No, just somebody else other than me calling you out on your BS.

But can we please finally end this beef? Seriously? Not all your takes are garbage, and last I checked, we just our team to succeed. This high school shot taking is actually getting ridiculous and I take responsibility in my part in it.

So I think I understand the floor general thing...

I don’t think Rubio is that... I think he’s a smart player that has great basketball instincts but I don’t see him as cerebral and a guy that runs a system. Hill developed that in SA and was good at executing it. I think Rubio is better when a bit unbridled.

I don’t think Exum is cerebral at all and I think he has bad instincts too... which is the problem... he just has better physical gifts and you wish the other stuff would come.

I think DM has the playmaking and some floor general attributes that can be developed. If we are going to be a contender we need that out of him. I don’t think giving him the ball turns him into Westbrook... even if it does if they surrounded Westbrook with good shooters and he played defense that model might work.

DM could turn into a Harden or Kemba. Those guys are offenses by themselves... like Westbrook. It’s just they developed the things that help it be more efficient and their teams are built more intelligently (Charlotte not so much on that front... imagine how good Kemba would be if he wasn’t surrounded by Zellers/Plumlees and guys like MKG).

I don’t see Harden, Kemba, Westbrook as traditional pgs or floor generals. You don’t have to read the defense like Lebron to be the primary ball handler.

If we are going to be the best team we can DM needs to be the creator... not just some off ball guy running around screens. We need him to develop that.

None of you get me!

- every 16 year old
Nah, it's just people ignoring the main context of what we are discussing so they can devolve it into "But Rubio sucks, right?".

So when I'm discussing the positive attributes of his game and how I think they help the team, and the point of that is to describe what I want out of a future PG, people just act like I'm grandstanding to sign Rubio to a max contract.

Nah, it's just people ignoring the main context of what we are discussing so they can devolve it into "But Rubio sucks, right?".

So when I'm discussing the positive attributes of his game and how I think they help the team, and the point of that is to describe what I want out of a future PG, people just act like I'm grandstanding to sign Rubio to a max contract.

I never said anything about that, and you still gave me the same flippant immature response.

What you're saying is not that hard to understand. I just disagree that Mitchell can't be that guy, or that Rubio, or someone of his style, would be a better fit for maximizing Mitchell's/other players' ability on the floor. There are many examples in the NBA of offensive minded, drive-and-dish, type of players who ran the offense for successful teams.

I never said anything about that, and you still gave me the same flippant immature response.

What you're saying is not that hard to understand. I just disagree that Mitchell can't be that guy, or that Rubio, or someone of his style, would be a better fit for maximizing Mitchell's/other players' ability on the floor. There are many examples in the NBA of offensive minded, drive-and-dish, type of players who ran the offense for successful teams.
I never said they couldn't be offensive minded or drive/dish types. George Hill was an offensive minded PG who worked out very well here and you could tell he was an extension of what Quin wanted (for the most part, I think Hill played at a slower pace than Quin wanted).

It just shouldn't be Mitchell because you arent going to maximize his abilities that way, or rather you will maximize his weaknesses in the process. The idea that since Mitchell is our best player then we should max out his usage is just wrong IMO.

Stats:
Last year: Mitchell was a +3.5 in offensive rating with Rubio on the court
This year: Mitchell is a +10 in offensive rating with Rubio on the court

If you play him at PG, his usage goes through the rough and you have a less physically talented Westbrook on your hands. Right now Mitchell is a volume shooter who doesnt shoot well and doesnt draw fouls at a high rate. He needs to have some of his natural tendencies reigned in a bit.

I never said they couldn't be offensive minded or drive/dish types. George Hill was an offensive minded PG who worked out very well here and you could tell he was an extension of what Quin wanted (for the most part, I think Hill played at a slower pace than Quin wanted).

It just shouldn't be Mitchell because you arent going to maximize his abilities that way, or rather you will maximize his weaknesses in the process. The idea that since Mitchell is our best player then we should max out his usage is just wrong IMO.

Stats:
Last year: Mitchell was a +3.5 in offensive rating with Rubio on the court
This year: Mitchell is a +10 in offensive rating with Rubio on the court

Mitchell is our best offensive player. What are his weaknesses? I saw you mention his inability to shoot off the dribble. But that can be improved with time. Mitchell is a good passer, and he draws a ton of defensive attention, allowing him to create good opportunities for others. That is one of his biggest strengths. What weaknesses would be magnified if he played the point? What strengths would be diminished.

Mitchell is our best offensive player. What are his weaknesses? I saw you mention his inability to shoot off the dribble. But that can be improved with time. Mitchell is a good passer, and he draws a ton of defensive attention, allowing him to create good opportunities for others. That is one of his biggest strengths. What weaknesses would be magnified if he played the point? What strengths would be diminished.
Ingles is our best offensive player

If DM was at the point, then he'd draw more fouls (higher usage), maximizing one of his abilities. I don't think Mitchell is best used as a volume shooter. Let's see him at PG for like a year.