What's new

If not Rubio then what?

you saw how the warriors looked without curry? that's us every night watching rubio clank, minus durrant...MINUS THOMPSON, MINUS DRAY.....lol....

I agree. And this is kind of looking like a 'figure it out' year anyway. So sure, let him get his groove back.

My question is what happens when/if he does. If starting tonight he shooting decently the rest of the year, great. But what if it takes awhile again? Who is the real Rubio?

That would make it really tough this offseason.
Yeah, the only way I would really want to bring Rubio back is if we get a guy like Harris or Middleton. That seems unlikely.

We need to trade Burks while he still has some value. His last 3 games have been brutal. I would rather give his minutes to O'Neale anyway. Neto is back too. We are trying to play too many people (except Rubio who seems to get minutes no matter what).

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Yeah, the only way I would really want to bring Rubio back is if we get a guy like Harris or Middleton. That seems unlikely.
But if you keep Rubio and pay him a starter's salary, how would you pay for those other players anyway? And if Rubio keeps choking the offense, this team will end with a losing record, which at that point what possible draw does Utah have for free agents?

Rubio has his index and middle fingers taped on his right hand. I believe he injured it first game of the season. Maybe it's the explanation for the putrid shooting so far.

Rubio has his index and middle fingers taped on his right hand. I believe he injured it first game of the season. Maybe it's the explanation for the putrid shooting so far.

I broke dislocated my finger and have the same setup... on my shooting hand. It hasn’t affected shooting at all for me. Long one handed passes and catching hard passes it bothers me.

It could be part of the issue though.

But if you keep Rubio and pay him a starter's salary, how would you pay for those other players anyway? And if Rubio keeps choking the offense, this team will end with a losing record, which at that point what possible draw does Utah have for free agents?
Is Rubio guaranteed to get a starter's salary on his next contract?

I broke dislocated my finger and have the same setup... on my shooting hand. It hasn’t affected shooting at all for me. Long one handed passes and catching hard passes it bothers me.

It could be part of the issue though.
yeah, but you got dat beef-cake strength

yeah, but you got dat beef-cake strength

Nah he’s just gotta tape it to the other finger... that brace he has isn’t working... he’s tweaked it twice already.

As far as realistic gets who can be a starting PG for Utah, Dinwiddie is the clear favorite.

What is his floor general rating doe?

Seriously though I like him but I don’t think he makes it to free agency. If they are smart they extend him because I think he will take it... he’s not made the big money and had a serious injury in college.

What is his floor general rating doe?

Seriously though I like him but I don’t think he makes it to free agency. If they are smart they extend him because I think he will take it... he’s not made the big money and had a serious injury in college.
The most they can give him in an extension is 4 years/48 million. So yeah, I don't think there is any way in hell he signs that.

The most they can give him in an extension is 4 years/48 million. So yeah, I don't think there is any way in hell he signs that.

I think he does... dude has been cut and dealt with an injury before... just watched Caris almost snap his leg... watched Lin the last couple years go down. He’s a smart dude... I would not risk almost 50m to make another 10-20M. If it was his second big deal then yeah go for it. I’m not sure his current shooting is sustainable and he kind of fell of a cliff end of last year.

They may not offer it because they want to be players in free agency... they should offer it though.

Rubio/Udoh for Dinwiddie/Crabbe

Do they do it? Do we do it? Gets them out of a lot of money next season, gets us a PG we think can better fit us. If Crabbe ever remembers how to shoot he's not a bad player, just badly overpaid for '19-'20.

Rubio/Udoh for Dinwiddie/Crabbe

Do they do it? Do we do it? Gets them out of a lot of money next season, gets us a PG we think can better fit us. If Crabbe ever remembers how to shoot he's not a bad player, just badly overpaid for '19-'20.

Why would Brooklyn do that?