What's new

If the Jazz were able to, which of these give players would you prefer the Jazz trade Conley for?

POLL: Which of these five players would you prefer the Jazz parlay Conley for?

• Otto Porter

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • DeAngelo Russell

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Tobias Harris

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • Kevin Love

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Al Horford

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
Russell and Harris would be doubling down on our current weaknesses to add to our current strengths. My opinion is that our team with either of them would look fairly similar to our team with Conley.

You have to bring Conley back. This team staying intact (and healthy..) will be moving to the 60 win group.

Jazz franchise history is to “run it back” which is unpopular but usually wise. The chemistry from the bubble will carry over.

Yeah and Conley is in a contract year and not about to retire. He will play his *** off next season for a new deal some where.

Russell and Harris would be doubling down on our current weaknesses to add to our current strengths. My opinion is that our team with either of them would look fairly similar to our team with Conley.
Add Horford and Griffin to the list. I'd rather keep Conley than getting any of these guys. At least we won't be stuck with a horrendously overpriced contract for over 1 yr.

Rather have Conley.

Maybe Love but he seems far removed from his 20+20 days. That’s a lot of money for someone to stand in the corner and shoot 5 or 6 3s a game.

If you trade Gobert, then you definitely do the Horford deal. Horford would come with a number of assets (picks, young players, Josh Richardson, etc).

Outside of that scenario, I'm not sold on the other options at their price. I do like the idea of Blake Griffin because he would come with assets and makes us extremely dangerous if healthy.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Could you further elaborate? I can understand the dlo as a small score first guard concept but I do feel harris would be an upgrade (not necessary what I want given contract but just acknowledging). Harris gives us size, and he’s a large wing that can defend. Not to mention he’s a great pick n roll ball handler.

Could you further elaborate? I can understand the dlo as a small score first guard concept but I do feel harris would be an upgrade (not necessary what I want given contract but just acknowledging). Harris gives us size, and he’s a large wing that can defend. Not to mention he’s a great pick n roll ball handler.
He’s not a great rebounder. He’s okay. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a better rebounder than anyone we’re playing at the 4, but he’s at best adequate. I don’t believe he’s a good defender. And I think we’re looking at that from the outside. When we got Bojan, we went through a bunch of stuff that showed us that he may be a passable defender, and it’s not like he’s atrocious and hunted on every switch, but he’s just not a good defender, and I feel we’d find out the same for Harris. We found the same for Conley, despite us initially thinking he’d be good on that side of the ball.

Harris really struggles with the outside shot ... I dunno if philly wanted him to be more demanding of the ball , but he has a lot of take over melo about him ... I don’t think he would be a good fit ..

love would fit , but money wise and contract is a problem

Id pick Kevin love . the problem with Conley is he didn't add anything new to the jazz game plan, he was just doing what dm do or ingles. Hes redundant. With love, dm will be our full time dynamic pg, ingles gets more opportunitues to work with rudy, love can open up the lanes he can shoot 3 and he can post. Hes also a monster rebounder and outlet passer. Jazz have NOBODY who can post. Love is a bully in there. He's also a champion, insights will be much more valuable than Conley.

Harris really struggles with the outside shot ... I dunno if philly wanted him to be more demanding of the ball , but he has a lot of take over melo about him ... I don’t think he would be a good fit ..
I do not understand what this take is based on. He's a career 37% shooter from 3 and has a lower usage rate than Bojan.

I do not understand what this take is based on. He's a career 37% shooter from 3 and has a lower usage rate than Bojan.

Watched him in these playoffs , couldn’t hit the ocean , Rather selfish play , I don’t think he suits our team

Should we have a poll question of whether or not our front office attempts to trade him or not. I really hope Gayle threatens DL and Zanik for their error for acquiring Conley. I have a feeling that they don't do **** because both DL and Zanik are still jerking off to the thought of Conley turning it around. What a stupid move on their part to trade our future for an overall injury prone has been

In the history of the NBA, there are very, very few examples of players leading their teams to title contention in their first 6 years in the league. The only recent examples I can think of are Durant/Westbrook/Harden in 2012, LeBron in 2007, and Wade (with Shaq) in 2006. After that, you going back to Magic and Bird.

Donovan may be good enough to do what Durant, LeBron, and Wade did early in their careers but the better money would be on trying to time the team’s title contention aspirations for 3 - 4 years from now. So the question then is, which move sets them up for that in 3-4 years?

Harris fits that timeline if he’s good, but destroys it he doesn’t pan out and the Jazz are saddled with his contract the next four years. Griffin, Love, or Horford (if healthy) could all help Donovan get more playoff experience/success in the short term, which is important, but would then put pressure on the team to find better/younger players to replace them as Donovan enters his prime.

Unless you plan to let Gobert walk, letting Conley’s contract just run out is not a great strategy (unless you hope to re-sign him) because the Jazz will be at/over the cap anyways for the foreseeable future between Mitchell, Gobert, and Bogey. Conley’s expiring may be the last decent trade chip the Jazz will have for a while.

If the Jazz could get Horford and Richardson for Conley’s expiring I would do that in a heartbeat. I think Richardson would be a perfect and affordable long-term fit next to Mitchell and Horford would add great depth. Plus, both play defense. The last year of Horford’s contract isn’t fully guaranteed, so you are only on the hook for the full amount for the next two years, during which the Jazz won’t have any cap space anyways. Doubt Philly makes that move, but I certainly would.