What's new

If the Jazz were to lose in the first round to the Luka-less Mavs…

I'd be shocked if Booker missed a significant amount of games. The Suns can sit him the rest of the series and still beat New Orleans (yes, I understand that they lost last night).

But at this point, no one should feel confident Utah will even get out of the first round. This team has shown zero urgency, meanwhile they're playing a team who has absolutely played with a level of energy that indicates they're taking this series seriously.

I just wish the Jazz were too.
I actually think it is a bit different, although this is completely how it looks. But I think the team is taking it too seriously.

What I am seeing is a team that has put too much pressure on themselves, so they have lost focus and cannot play loose and within the framework of their sets and schemes. Everyone is playing tight and scared of messing up yet again. That explains Mitchell's inability to hit any 3's, and the team continually throwing the ball away and the team missing assignments and their body language at time outs. They look defeated, and did in the 2nd game from the 1st quarter on. They had bursts of playing as the team of old, with confidence and loose and free within their system, but that went down the drain when the pressure was ratcheted up. And they have zero counters for changes made in-game by the other team. I attribute this to being too much in their own heads, taking it all too seriously, not being focused on winning but being afraid of making mistakes instead, which typically leads to more mistakes. They are playing not to lose, instead of playing to win.

There is a big difference between playing not to lose, and playing to win. But thinking about it, this team is even further down than playing not to lose. They are playing simply not to mess up. Hence, no joy, no love of the game, no joie de vivre for the game at all. They are playing scared to screw up and it is causing them to do just that.

They need a shrink, or a strong coach who can reign them in, get them pumped up, and get them focused on the right things. But Mr. Positive Affirmations isn't the guy to do it, obviously.

I wish it was that but I'm jaded after the same problems keep popping up over and over again. To me, this team feels like it's just going through the motions at this point.

Maybe that changes when they're in front of their home crowd but it just feels like they've accepted their situation and are just done with things.

But like I said, maybe that changes with a home crowd behind them. Ideally, Utah wins running away in game three and it provides the spark the team needs to get that energy back.

Denial is a powerful thing. Ask anyone out of Utah if they respect his offense game and they will laugh at you. He only can score on put backs and dunks. He can't create for himself nor can he dribble. Don't kid yourself. He is a horrible offensive player.
I agree that Gobert is a terrible offensive scorer, but if you think this jazz team would do better without him , I think your thinking is stupid.
I think the jazz require too much from 1 player, this team needs to learn to play defense as a team rather than expecting Rudy to shoulder the whole thing.
Do I think Gobert is over paid? Yes and so is DM, niether of them are worth max contracts. Gobert is very lacking on offense and Mitchell totally sucks at defense.

I agree that Gobert is a terrible offensive scorer, but if you think this jazz team would do better without him , I think your thinking is stupid.
I think the jazz require too much from 1 player, this team needs to learn to play defense as a team rather than expecting Rudy to shoulder the whole thing.
Do I think Gobert is over paid? Yes and so is DM, niether of them are worth max contracts. Gobert is very lacking on offense and Mitchell totally sucks at defense.
Gobert is an elite defender and does make a difference in games no doubt. I just wished he worked on his offense a bit more than focusing on boxing. Mitchell at least has improved on some facets of his game he has improved a bit on his distribution however Gobert still hasn't grown even a simple push shot. If it boils down to value Mitchell can bring more to us via trade than Gobert can. You can get cheaper defenders but this is a scorers league and Mitchell is highly sought after.

Denial is a powerful thing.
True, but it doesn't create unicorns.

Ask anyone out of Utah if they respect his offense game and they will laugh at you.

Hmmmmm....

He only can score on put backs and dunks. He can't create for himself nor can he dribble.
For 1 vs. 1 playground ball, these are fatal deficiencies. In the NBA, creators/dribblers need the ball and space to operate in order to create and dribble effectively. Gobert gets us the ball, and creates space.

Don't kid yourself. He is a horrible offensive player.
I'm not going to trust some internet loud-mouth over people who analyze basketball for a living.

Last edited:
I think we should all wait to see what happens in this series before suggesting all hope is lost. I do agree this team has some major issues, one being chemistry. I have a gut feeling that Ingles was keeping the team together in the locker room and we traded him. But...Conley will play better in game three. The Jazz are way better at home and without Doncic they have a good chance to build that confidence back. Suns will also be missing Booker for a little while. Who knows what can happen. Give it a little time then we can go from there. There's so much negativity around the league about the Jazz and now I see it coming from the fans left and right. It's not over yet.

Hmmmmm....

For 1 vs. 1 playground ball, these are fatal deficiencies. In the NBA, creators/dribblers need the ball and space to operate in order to create and dribble effectively. Gobert gets us the ball, and creates space.

I'm not going to trust some internet loud-mouth over people who analyze basketball for a living.
Are you done ? He still sucks at offense. The unicorn that you have a hard on for is better offensively than Gobert

Hmmmmm....

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gCWFFE0zIcM&t=148s

Watch this as you snuggle with your Gobert jersey. Constant reminders why he sucks on offense.

Last edited:
Good thing is that he is not complaining about it, and leaving an impression how Donovan is not doing it because he is petty and hates him.
How do we know Rudy doesn't complain? If he complains as much as he has in the media with limited opportunities, why wouldn't he complain about it at practice, with coaches, etc.?

It's shocking how assumptions can be made about Don but the same people act like Rudy is some perfect teammate.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Good thing is that he is not complaining about it, and leaving an impression how Donovan is not doing it because he is petty and hates him.
Rudy calls out his teammates and doesn't acknowledge fault. He is a big locker room cancer

How do we know Rudy doesn't complain? If he complains as much as he has in the media with limited opportunities, why wouldn't he complain about it at practice, with coaches, etc.?

It's shocking how assumptions can be made about Don but the same people act like Rudy is some perfect teammate.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Actually that was sarcasm. He does complain all the time in the media( some people would say good for him, but its actually pretty bad that he does it) That's what started the narrative that Donavan has some personal issue with Rudy.

I think we should all wait to see what happens in this series before suggesting all hope is lost. I do agree this team has some major issues, one being chemistry. I have a gut feeling that Ingles was keeping the team together in the locker room and we traded him. But...Conley will play better in game three. The Jazz are way better at home and without Doncic they have a good chance to build that confidence back. Suns will also be missing Booker for a little while. Who knows what can happen. Give it a little time then we can go from there. There's so much negativity around the league about the Jazz and now I see it coming from the fans left and right. It's not over yet.
Ingles was absolutely the glue holding this team together. It is painfully obvious. He left and we almost immediately fell off a cliff for how we were playing as a team.