What's new

If the Jazz were to lose in the first round to the Luka-less Mavs…

In the future, I think Mike Conley could be moved, or his role may be reduced to that of a backup. The whole league seems to be moving towards the Boston Celtics' model, where everyone defends, everyone spaces the floor, everyone can drive and create at a very basic level, everyone rebounds, etc. Unless you're a genius floor general like a Chris Paul, I'm not sure a traditional PG with physical limitations is going to be a priority.

Bogdanovic has value as a stretch-forward who can score in multiple ways. He's like the Jazz's version of Gallinari. He's getting older though and will be in the final year of his deal, so I could see him being moved in the name of asset management.

Rudy Gay seems to be aging out of the league. He was a swing and a miss, a la Ed Davis.

I think the Jazz should still win this series, even if/when Luka returns. It's just more likely to go 6 games after last night.

Stephen A. is 100% right. No team with this much talent has sucked this many times in the playoffs. Every year they manage to let a role player turn into Kobe Bryant and beat us in a game we "should win"

Stockton & Malone years we got beat by MJ- Sucks, but acceptable. :(
D-Will & Booze years we got beat by Kobe- Sucks, but acceptable in the end. :(

Quin Snyder years are starting to take the cake.
2018 & 2019 Harden and CP3- Sucks, but they are superstars on great teams that destroyed us from 3.. Hmmmm, a look into the future perhaps? :/
2020 on up. Role players beat us and make us look silly on defense. :mad:

Last edited:
We are going to lose this series to the Mavs in another melt down... I think this team is going to have a new coach next season. Snyder is not getting the adjustments to be realized on the floor either due to insufficient coaching emphasis, insufficient player rotations or due to players not being able to execute.

Since you have to give something in order to get something, I would not be upset with moving a combination of the following players, as long as we get good return.

Royce
Conley
Donovan
Bogey
Dok

The game last night has once again reiterated what I already knew. This coaching staff and this group of players are NOT going to make the necessary adjustments to advance in the playoffs. Same ole, same ole...

The only way to get change in this team is to force it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwmsSAvkzGE

Don't think I have seen this movie... Just started it on Netflix.
It starts off with the Athletics losing a playoff series to the Yankees after winning the first 2 games in Yankee stadium. Now it sounds like they are gutting the team in the offseason.. Ouch, I hope this movie doesn't end up hitting close to home.

Um this team chokes in the playoffs always dude. And gives up leads in the regular seasons too. So let's not go there
So, you're saying Mitchell's teams always choke in the playoffs? I don't see how this helps you say "Mavs win without Luka we can't win without Donovan goes to tell you alot".

I'm happy to "go there", but you've got nowhere to go.

So, you're saying Mitchell's teams always choke in the playoffs? I don't see how this helps you say "Mavs win without Luka we can't win without Donovan goes to tell you alot".

I'm happy to "go there", but you've got nowhere to go.
Mavs have more talent and heart. They have a better coach also. They don't over pay one dimensional players like Gobert. Yes the Jazz can't finish that's exactly what I'm saying. If the Jazz didn't have Mitchell for these 2 games and Dallas still didn't have Luka we would be down 2 zip