What's new

If the Jazz were to lose in the first round to the Luka-less Mavs…

Ya but I mean do you think if ingles was cheering from the bench right now that we would be a title contender?
Tough to say. That locker room presence can be pretty important. Do I think it would fix all the dysfunction? No, not really. But in lots of ways it was like the last nut falling off that last loose wheel, and then it all came crashing down.

Ya but I mean do you think if ingles was cheering from the bench right now that we would be a title contender?
Maybe? I think it would be more about practices and traveling and maybe the huddle than that, though.

I also think Joe would be a killer coach if he ever decides to do that.

Maybe? I think it would be more about practices and traveling and maybe the huddle than that, though.

I also think Joe would be a killer coach if he ever decides to do that.
Tough to say. That locker room presence can be pretty important. Do I think it would fix all the dysfunction? No, not really. But in lots of ways it was like the last nut falling off that last loose wheel, and then it all came crashing down.
But we had Joe last year and I have heard that we were pretenders last year. We also had him this year and didn't look like contenders right? I thought both of you would definitely answer "no, it wouldn't matter much cause this team is too short, unathletic, mentally weak, flawed etc".

I see you that you don't grasp the game of basketball. The key to offense is to put the ball in the basket. To not turnover the ball, or travel. Rudy sucks at all of these. The video is actual footage not what's embedded in your heart for him
Not trying to defend Rudy's ineptitude, but Don seems to make bad turnovers at usually the worst times. A lot of our 4th quarter melt downs are directly attributed to that. Neither player is a superstar.

But we had Joe last year and I have heard that we were pretenders last year. We also had him this year and didn't look like contenders right? I thought both of you would definitely answer "no, it wouldn't matter much cause this team is too short, unathletic, mentally weak, flawed etc".
I think Joe made us better in the ways that are most glaring right now (overall chemistry) so yeah, I think having him be present would help.

It doesn't mean there weren't other serious flaws, but we cannot afford chemistry failures at this level with those extant shortcomings. This ain't the Kobe/Shaq Lakers.

I think Joe made us better in the ways that are most glaring right now (overall chemistry) so yeah, I think having him be present would help.

It doesn't mean there weren't other serious flaws, but we cannot afford chemistry failures at this level with those extant shortcomings. This ain't the Kobe/Shaq Lakers.
I can agree that having him around would help, however, the question i asked is "would having joe ingles with the team right now make us title contenders?"
Basically, Does having joe ingles around this team take them from a team that loses to a luka-less mavs team in the first round to a championship contender? I cant see how anyone could answer that with a yes. If the answer is yes then we should run it back next year and get ingles back and every team in the nba should be after ingles hard core. He should get a max contract probably to be honest if his mere presence has that much of an effect.

Sometimes the choices on the menu of realistic options are, objectively, equally unappetizing, yet the powers that be feel compelled to act for public relations reasons. The conditions seem ripe for this to occur. The Jazz cannot stand pat, run it back, and maintain fan confidence if we lose in round 1. They will feel compelled to make changes so as to reassure the fan base, encourage hope, optimism, demonstrate that they are aware we lack two-way players and perimeter defense, etc. The changes will have to be substantive (at least one starter going, maybe the coach too, maybe getting a first round pick) to accomplish this goal.

Not trying to defend Rudy's ineptitude, but Don seems to make bad turnovers at usually the worst times. A lot of our 4th quarter melt downs are directly attributed to that. Neither player is a superstar.
Don did admit this at his post press conf interview

They are. So we need all the help we can get. ;)