What's new

If the Jazz were to lose in the first round to the Luka-less Mavs…

In the future, I think Mike Conley could be moved, or his role may be reduced to that of a backup. The whole league seems to be moving towards the Boston Celtics' model, where everyone defends, everyone spaces the floor, everyone can drive and create at a very basic level, everyone rebounds, etc. Unless you're a genius floor general like a Chris Paul, I'm not sure a traditional PG with physical limitations is going to be a priority.
What about point guards that can play decent defense, have a first quick step, but can't shoot at all? (Not even when no one is defending them... on purpose...)

Is the league moving towards that? Because if they are... maybe we could trade Trent Forrest for something?

What about point guards that can play decent defense, have a first quick step, but can't shoot at all? (Not even when no one is defending them... on purpose...)

Is the league moving towards that? Because if they are... maybe we could trade Trent Forrest for something?
Quin rather quit than trade Forrest

Luka will come back this series.

Dallas can afford to lose game three now, so, my guess is he doesn't play for game three and then will be back for game four.

Utah wins game three, Dallas pulls out a big win in game four, return to Dallas winning game five and this series either ends in game six or Utah pushes it to game seven where things probably go badly.
He comes back he is going to tear his calf or Achilles

They don't over pay one dimensional players like Gobert.
The name Porzingus suddenly pooped in my head for some reason, and Gobert has excellent skills on offense (just not as a ball-handler).

Yes the Jazz can't finish that's exactly what I'm saying. If the Jazz didn't have Mitchell for these 2 games and Dallas still didn't have Luka we would be down 2 zip
Since our entire game -plan would have been different, I can only say nobody knows that, no matter how loudly and smugly they say otherwise.

If that happens, even if Luka comes back, this build should get absolutely nuked. They already dumped the heart and soul months ago and we're seeing the results.

JB can stay, and... uhh... Juancho? House?

The name Porzingus suddenly pooped in my head for some reason, and Gobert has excellent skills on offense (just not as a ball-handler).

Since our entire game -plan would have been different, I can only say nobody knows that, no matter how loudly and smugly they say otherwise.
We can definitely see Gobert's excellent offensive skills thus far in the playoffs. He can't create offense unless his teammates find him. He totally mucked up his lobs last night

We can definitely see Gobert's excellent offensive skills thus far in the playoffs. He can't create offense unless his teammates find him. He totally mucked up his lobs last night
He creates offense the same way he always has, with screens and offensive rebounds. He's also pulling defenders away from the ball.

He creates offense the same way he always has, with screens and offensive rebounds. He's also pulling defenders away from the ball.
So he is only good when his team misses. Screens lol and he looks like a broken footed giraffe when he blows layups and fs up his lobs. Sounds like an overpayment to me. Dude is a liability on offense and his teammates don't trust him to feed him the ball. But again great stats offensively thus far in the series. But good screens though

He needs to go back to the Dennis Rodman type roll and accept that there may be some series where that is his roll.

His points will come from Off. Rebounds and FT's and a lob or two a game. No one complained when he scored 5 points off freethrows in game 1. It showed that he didn't need to score for us to win.

So he is only good when his team misses.
Or when they need a screen, or to pull long defenders away from the perimeter.

It seems odd to see someone dismissing offensive rebounds. Perhaps you're not worth having a discussion with after all.

Or when they need a screen, or to pull long defenders away from the perimeter.

It seems odd to see someone dismissing offensive rebounds. Perhaps you're not worth having a discussion with after all.
I agree you fail to acknowledge he sucks at offense that's fine. We don't need to have this discussion.

He needs to go back to the Dennis Rodman type roll and accept that there may be some series where that is his roll.

His points will come from Off. Rebounds and FT's and a lob or two a game. No one complained when he scored 5 points off freethrows in game 1. It showed that he didn't need to score for us to win.
But it would help if he could do more, is it alot to ask for what he is paid? If he could only score as much as he yelled at the refs. I'm just saying, I wished he made some improvement on offense but he fails to establish any go to move his range only remains a dunk.

I'm sorry to hear about your head. I didn't even know that was possible.

It absolutely gets blown up. If we lose on the first or second round Don asks out. You can tell he's ready to flex his player improvement muscle. Rudy stays because the fans love him and we still need to sell tickets. Conley gets traded to a contender. Bogey gets traded for future assets.

If we lose? Probably needs to be blown up.

The alternative was to play the warriors. We’d be talking about getting swept right now had we played the warriors.

Booker hurt. Jazz have the good fortune red carpet rolled out for a title run.

And I have no confidence that they can handle the Luka-less Mavs I’m round one.

I'd be shocked if Booker missed a significant amount of games. The Suns can sit him the rest of the series and still beat New Orleans (yes, I understand that they lost last night).

But at this point, no one should feel confident Utah will even get out of the first round. This team has shown zero urgency, meanwhile they're playing a team who has absolutely played with a level of energy that indicates they're taking this series seriously.

I just wish the Jazz were too.