What's new

If we were to hypothetically get Damian Lillard, what’s the follow-up move?

For reals though I’d go get one solid 3 and D guy at least. I’d trade for a guy like Delon Wright and see what I have before making a huge move. Like I’d be looking to add Torrey Craig and Delon Wright to what we have and see if one of the young guys pops or if Dame has amazing chemistry with Walker and then you may move Collins and get like Jerami Grant (kinda hilarious I know but I could see that mid season).

For reals though I’d go get one solid 3 and D guy at least. I’d trade for a guy like Delon Wright and see what I have before making a huge move. Like I’d be looking to add Torrey Craig and Delon Wright to what we have and see if one of the young guys pops or if Dame has amazing chemistry with Walker and then you may move Collins and get like Jerami Grant (kinda hilarious I know but I could see that mid season).

I was thinking the same thing about Grant, but I think they have to wait to trade him so that's why I said to look at upgrades at the trade deadline.

For what it's worth Brandon Knight was named MVP of the Puerto Rican league a former eighth pick in the draft. Also receiving votes were Mudiay, Hassan Whiteside, Kenneth Faried and Boogie. If the Jazz get in a win right now mode there are guys like this out there.

For what it's worth Brandon Knight was named MVP of the Puerto Rican league a former eighth pick in the draft. Also receiving votes were Mudiay, Hassan Whiteside, Kenneth Faried and Boogie. If the Jazz get in a win right now mode there are guys like this out there.
What was José Ortiz in the Puerto Rican league?

Years of regret for trading away all our assets and or the Finnisher, for a guy ending his prime here, or worse still wanting traded again,aka a vet that wants to join other superstars in hope of chasing a ring like right now. He also wants out because Scoot is going to steal all the highlights from him and turn him into a has been in one season.
I am shocked how many fools on here think trading for a player so similar to Don neither of whom could win here, is reasonable when the guy is 33 in two weeks and one injury away from D Rose.

Assuming the only players we give up in a Lillard deal are Sexton/THT/KO (I think that's the most common player combination to get to the money) we would be left with....

Lillard/George/Dunn
Ochai/Clarkson
Lauri/Fonteccio/Sensabaugh
Collins/Hendricks/Samanic
Kessler/Vernon Carey Jr

The most I would do for our young players would be Sensabaugh. I would not give up Hendricks or George.

Harden stays in Philly and Dame gets traded for Tyrese Maxey. Sixers have Big 3 of Dame, Harden and Embiid.

Trailblazers don’t want Maxey and flip him to Utah for 3 firsts. Utah signs Maxey to a max extension.

Sexton and Olynyk would be the natural filler salary going out in a potential Lilard trade. Hendricks + 3 first roundt picks of Portland`s choosing would in my opinion be the least Portland would expect. We would ahve to send a million or two extra in salaries to get to the $36 million we need to make the trade legal, but that is not a problem.

The natural follow up trade would be THT, Keyonte George & 2 first round picks for OG Anunoby. That would leave us with this line-up:

Lilard, Clarkson, Dunn
Clarkson, Agbaji
Lauri, Fontecchio, Sensebaugh
Collins, - Lauri - Sensebaugh
Kessler, Collins

If accepted, these deals would give us both a very competitive team and a few picks left to build further. But, we will have to give up a lot and I am not sure how good this team would be. Best case scenario, we get home court advantage and are competitive in the play offs. Worst case scenario is having a season like Minnesota did last year and OG leaving as a free agent next summer.

Sexton and Olynyk would be the natural filler salary going out in a potential Lilard trade. Hendricks + 3 first roundt picks of Portland`s choosing would in my opinion be the least Portland would expect. We would ahve to send a million or two extra in salaries to get to the $36 million we need to make the trade legal, but that is not a problem.

The natural follow up trade would be THT, Keyonte George & 2 first round picks for OG Anunoby. That would leave us with this line-up:

Lilard, Clarkson, Dunn
Clarkson, Agbaji
Lauri, Fontecchio, Sensebaugh
Collins, - Lauri - Sensebaugh
Kessler, Collins

If accepted, these deals would give us both a very competitive team and a few picks left to build further. But, we will have to give up a lot and I am not sure how good this team would be. Best case scenario, we get home court advantage and are competitive in the play offs. Worst case scenario is having a season like Minnesota did last year and OG leaving as a free agent next summer.
Wouldn't OG be in there somewhere?

The primary issue with trading for Dame is, ironically, the lack of huge salary has to buffer a deal. If Collins isn't rerouted in a deal, then basically it'd be a combination of Olynyk and two guards, which Porty is already heavy there. That would mean we're likely having to involve a third team to take on THT or Sexton for an asset or two. I don't know what that value would be around the league.

I'm becoming more fascinated with a Herro trade for some reason as I think he could be a buy-low type of player. If Miami is looking for a pick for Herro to facilitate a trade for Dame and we can get Sexton to someplace w/o taking back salary? A starting lineup of Clarkson, Herro, Lauri, Collins, and Kessler w/ plenty of time for the rooks? That's the start of something sustainable to me.