What's new

Ignore Function

Not really Anthony Davis. Life is not that simple. Because human beings are not that simple. They are like characteristic chamaeleons who can change in the blink of an eye in case of a shift in their interests and priorities.

Your point being? Why would you think your depiction is in conflict with mine to the level you began with "not really"?

Drink mad dog 20/20 ya'll

You're welcome

Go ask me good mate Gameface and he'll tell ya there is a HUGE difference between what he brew and bud light.

Well, the styles are vastly different. That's really what the micro/craft and home brew revolution is all about. For the last 30+ years beer essentially meant light adjunct lager in the U.S.. It was either piss yellow, no noticeable hop aroma and very minimal hop flavor with very thin mouth-feel and a dry finish or else it was some uber exotic "dark" beer. Bud Lite is exactly what it's trying to be. In that regard it is excellent, near perfection. If I were to try to make a beer that took the place of Bud Lite and filled it's role in the marketplace I highly doubt I could match it. Not to mention that they manufacture Bud Lite in a bunch of places all around the world and they produce a product that is nearly identical no matter where it is made.

On the homebrew forums occasionally a person comes around and says they want to get into homebrewing so they can make their own Budweiser or whatnot. They are universally encouraged to save their time, money and trouble and just go buy some of what they want at the store. Making a Budweiser clone is difficult and requires more equipment and time than your typical entry level homebrewer has. Besides that, making it yourself will cost you more in ingredients alone than you would spend just buying some.

Is it possible to improve this function of the forum? With its current form, ignoring a poster doesn't do much, when I add a poster to my ignoring list, I still see his stupid name and posting space in a way that is much more annoying than actually seeing his posts, and I still see his posts through other posters' quotes.

I know some people may think/say "oh have some thick skin man" or "you came to the wrong place bro this is internets" blah blah but there are truly annoying and sheer idiot posters on the board and sometimes I can't stand to see even their names in a thread.

It would be perfect for instance, if it just "ignored" a poster when I add him on my ignore list.

if you ignored me. hahaha see my name now. if not dang trolling attemp failed

I don't get people using the ignore function. Where's your tolerance?!? All you need to do is just skip the post, comment, whatever. It's not that hard.

It's like can you go out in real life and "ignore" certain people walking on the street? Well, may be you can, 150 years ago before slavery was abolished.
I'm all for tolerance bro, it's one of my life principles. However this was about a specific issue(long story, never mind) and my main point on this thread was about the functionality of an existing feature of the site. I've never used the ignore function before anyway, but had it been more convenient, I could use it for that specific issue.

Is there any way that an ignored person's post can still be a "spoiler" on the app even if they have quoted a post?

TIA

-LazyD