What's new

I'll likely be coming out for playoffs

I'll meet up for a root beer with you guys. We should go to a game together.

Holdin ya to it Bish

5747647d9a257.image.jpg

I'll meet up for a root beer with you guys. We should go to a game together.

My plan is to go to 100% one, maybe two playoff games. I'd also love to squeeze in a GF poker tourney. The problem is since the dumbasses won't have a home game on Sunday, they would very likely have one on a Saturday which is when GF would have a tourney I'd assume.

I'd love restaurant and things to do recommendations for Park City too.

Last edited:
Park city will be awesome that time of year. Seriously, the beauty will blow you away.
One activity you should do that is free and easy is just go for a scenic drive. Head east, south, or north and just drive for a few hours.

Park city will be awesome that time of year. Seriously, the beauty will blow you away.
One activity you should do that is free and easy is just go for a scenic drive. Head east, south, or north and just drive for a few hours.

This. I did the loop up Provo canyon in to Heber, up to PC, an down Parleys Canyon on to the belt route last Saturday. Gorgeous drive.

Normally tho I would not recommend staying in PC THO. SLC is much better but if you are comin to Utah you need to spend most your time in the national parks. Moab should be N1 on yer list but it will be spendy that time of year. About 3 hundred bucks a night but well worth it.

Go south from there an kick it at the San Juan river for a bit.

sanjuan.jpg

Lots of exploring to do an I bet [MENTION=430]Dr. Jones[/MENTION] can tell ya lots bout the Indian digs out that way waiting to be explored for the first time. There upwards of 5000 unexcavated dwellings out that way. I ain't givin details but I been to plenty with pottery an ancient weaponry an the like just sittin there for the collecting. You can find ATL Atl's an all sorts of stuff. Coolest thing I've found was a bear skin ceremonial cloak that was died in all sorts of fruit juices an plant concoctions.

After that take a day or two an head into Colorado for this.

istock_000066069257_large.jpg__1072x0_q85_upscale.jpg

[MENTION=840]fishonjazz[/MENTION] you ever been fishin in San Juan from a raft bro or been to Mesa Verde? Sounds like your kinda stuff.

I'm going to narrowly miss Wes, it seems.

I'm doing some trip-planning right now, and I'll likely be in Salt Lake City between April 23rd and April 27th. I'm hoping to either catch a Game 4 at home (if we're a 5th seed) or a Game 5 at home (if we have home court advantage).

From looking at when the games were held in previous years, it seems like Game 6s are held on the 28th, and Game 4s on the 23rd, so I think I should be good. I suppose if any of you knew better, or would know where to check to confirm on this, that would also be helpful. Don't wanna book plane tickets to Utah and then not have a game to watch.

After the 27th, initially I was planning to go down to the Geezy to visit Peeks en-route to Vegas, but I think i'll be taking out that leg of the trip entirely. I'm gonna get two-weekend passes to the New Orleans Jazz festival instead, and head to NOLA on the 27th from SLC.

--

I still haven't purchased tickets yet--- but i'm at 90% likelihood right now, so I'm just trying to figure a couple more things out

Dala, a game 4 at home will be the 22nd methinks.

I'd guess 4/15 and 4/17 on the road with 4/20 and 4/22 in Utah.

I'd love restaurant and things to do recommendations for Park City too.

I love the High West Distillery up in Park City. They have pretty good food and lots of whiskey. Although beware that most of their whiskey are just mixes of other whiskeys they buy. The only things they make themselves are the Vodka (really good for vodka one of the only ones in the world made with oats) their silver whiskeys(moonshine) and the Valley Tan(I loved the last batch the new one that you can get at the distillery is pretty good but not as good)

They have a couple breweries up there with decent food and pretty good beer. Wasatch brewery has been around awhile and is solid. They also have the newish Park City Brewery which is really good beer but I have not tried their food yet but I have heard good things.

There are lots of decent restaurants although they are mostly overpriced but still it is good quality in general.

I assume you plan on skiing the resorts should still be open? You might miss them but the last couple days are always fun at ski resorts. If they are closed there are other things you can do at all of the resorts that are pretty fun. I would plan on doing something at the resorts since that is what Park City is built around these day (that and Sundance but you are missing that thank God, its a nightmare to be up there for)

If you head to Midway there are some good resorts and hot springs you can visit. The Crater has stuff to do for everyone. If your wife is coming I am sure she would love that place. They have spa stuff but they also have more interesting things like paddle board yoga in a hot spring crater.

If you want suggestions in SLC of places to eat and things to do I can do that as can a bunch of people here.

Dala, a game 4 at home will be the 22nd methinks.

I'd guess 4/15 and 4/17 on the road with 4/20 and 4/22 in Utah.

Not from what I saw in year's past-- and it also depends on whether we're talking a 3rd seed or a 4th seed. Some teams play their first games on the 16th.

Not from what I saw in year's past-- and it also depends on whether we're talking a 3rd seed or a 4th seed. Some teams play their first games on the 16th.

Yeah, I know, but since we very, very rarely play Sunday home games, I doubt they would start us on the 16th. There would be two three day gaps, which the league does do sometimes, but less often than is typical.

Boris,

Thanks for the info. TBH, I don't know how much sight-seeing I'll be doing. It will all depend on how long I'm out there and how many games I am going to (One playoff game? Two? A GF poker game?)...My ideal situation would be to stay around for a week+ but MsSerp, as cool as she is for letting me come and stay 3-4 days (would love 5), isn't off the charts cool to the point that I can just up and leave her for a week+ with two kids, one of whom's just two months old. Not until the playoffs are finalized and I buy tickets will I know for sure. I think my ideal situation is that we get the 3 or 4 seed and I fly out early Friday and can sight-see all that day, as well as Saturday until about mid-day, then do a GF poker game (or game 1 with some of y'all) drinkfest on Saturday, followed by more sight-seeing all-day Sunday, and recovery and game three on Monday, with a late morning flight back on Tuesday.

I love the High West Distillery up in Park City. They have pretty good food and lots of whiskey. Although beware that most of their whiskey are just mixes of other whiskeys they buy. The only things they make themselves are the Vodka (really good for vodka one of the only ones in the world made with oats) their silver whiskeys(moonshine) and the Valley Tan(I loved the last batch the new one that you can get at the distillery is pretty good but not as good)

They have a couple breweries up there with decent food and pretty good beer. Wasatch brewery has been around awhile and is solid. They also have the newish Park City Brewery which is really good beer but I have not tried their food yet but I have heard good things.

There are lots of decent restaurants although they are mostly overpriced but still it is good quality in general.

I assume you plan on skiing the resorts should still be open? You might miss them but the last couple days are always fun at ski resorts. If they are closed there are other things you can do at all of the resorts that are pretty fun. I would plan on doing something at the resorts since that is what Park City is built around these day (that and Sundance but you are missing that thank God, its a nightmare to be up there for)

If you head to Midway there are some good resorts and hot springs you can visit. The Crater has stuff to do for everyone. If your wife is coming I am sure she would love that place. They have spa stuff but they also have more interesting things like paddle board yoga in a hot spring crater.

If you want suggestions in SLC of places to eat and things to do I can do that as can a bunch of people here.

The Crater is nasty tbh. To those who do not know, it is a old volcano hot spring inside of a cave that you pay like ten bucks to swim in. Sounds pretty bitchin on paper, which is why all the local yokels try using it to get laid on prom day.

It is cool for locals to take a weekend trip but I would not recommend it for visitors. I agree That resort is fun tho for sure. To bad he is not coming in winter cause Midway is pretty cool all around. That tubing place is wild an the ice castles are insane. You been to either?

I would recommend something more along the lines of Timpanogos Cave. It is a short drive from SLC an Wasatch Mountains are a sight to behold for visitors. The hike is a bitch, straight up basically, but it is short an exercise is good. You can eat a JCW burger in Highland to charge you up before you head up there. Damn good bacon cheeseburgers probably the best in Utah.

Park Citt almost always has stuff to do. There ain't gonna be no good snow in April this year so no use tryin to ski. If it gets warm enough the Alpine Slide is pretty fun

IAWBoreus. Park City is too much of a tourist trap for my liking.

If it were me, I'd save money on a rental vehicle and use the convenient Trax (our streetcar). You can stay at the Hayatt and walk to Vivint SMA, as well as most places.

Also, to you and Dala, from Karpasov's thread: "I work very close to the airport. If you're flying in during a day I'm working then I'd love to buy you a burger and a beer at Lofty's. I might as well leave that as an open invitation to anyone flying in to SLC, local or not."