What's new

I'll likely be coming out for playoffs

I really just wanna see the water rowers and ****ing tear one up. Did a 400M in 1:14.5 today finishing the second half stronger than the first. I really picked it up with about 130 meters left until the very end when I just started to fade a tiny, tiny bit. Gonna hold off on rowing (my back) for another couple weeks and continue with the lifting and core, and weekly run and swim, and then try to really crank out a killer 600M. The core and lifting helped a ton today.

We did a series of 200 meter rows mixed into our weight exercises this morning. My fastest time was my last one at 32 seconds flat.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

We did a series of 200 meter rows mixed into our weight exercises this morning. My fastest time was my last one at 32 seconds flat.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Damn that sounds fast as hell. 1:20.0 pace for a 500 and that's starting from a standstill.

Psyched. I just booked my stay at the Marriott Vacation Clubs in PC. 6 nights in one there and 3 nights in another. I'm covered for the nights of the 14th-22nd.

Got a two bedroom so if anyone needs to crash they're more than welcome. I'm not Siro'ing any of you either. Please don't think that.

Love you, Siro. Just not that way.

Hey gang.

So if we retain home-court advantage, my Jazz playoff tickets are saying that the Game 2 Home game will be Saturday, April 22nd at 8:30pm. I arrive earlier that day at 1:30pm via flight.

--

Now, the next day I think Fish has offered to take me hiking. Fish, I am still 200% down for that.

But when I do some trip-planning in terms of what I should do between Monday and Wednesday after (April 24 to 26), it mostly seems to assert visiting some of the parks far removed from the SLC/Park City area. Namely, Moab and Zion and Nine Mile Canyon, and Fremont and things of this nature.

This areas are basically impossible to access with out renting a car-- maybe i can find a shuttle in Moab after bussing there, but I'm not sure.

At any rate-- would you guys recommend I rent a car in order to check some of these places out? Or are there tons of trails not far from SLC that I'll be able to access without needing to rely on a vehicle.

Thank u heaps and heaps

Dal

Hey gang.

So if we retain home-court advantage, my Jazz playoff tickets are saying that the Game 2 Home game will be Saturday, April 22nd at 8:30pm. I arrive earlier that day at 1:30pm via flight.

--

Now, the next day I think Fish has offered to take me hiking. Fish, I am still 200% down for that.

But when I do some trip-planning in terms of what I should do between Monday and Wednesday after (April 24 to 26), it mostly seems to assert visiting some of the parks far removed from the SLC/Park City area. Namely, Moab and Zion and Nine Mile Canyon, and Fremont and things of this nature.

This areas are basically impossible to access with out renting a car-- maybe i can find a shuttle in Moab after bussing there, but I'm not sure.

At any rate-- would you guys recommend I rent a car in order to check some of these places out? Or are there tons of trails not far from SLC that I'll be able to access without needing to rely on a vehicle.

Thank u heaps and heaps

Dal

I would definitely plan on renting a car. Getting anywhere in Utah besides SLC area is hard without a vehicle. There are a lot of trails close to SLC but a lot of them will covered in snow. You also need to drive to most of them. Public transportation away from downtown is rough.

I would definitely plan on renting a car. Getting anywhere in Utah besides SLC area is hard without a vehicle. There are a lot of trails close to SLC but a lot of them will covered in snow. You also need to drive to most of them. Public transportation away from downtown is rough.

****ty thing is that I'm 23 turning 24 in September so the cost for rentals is ridiculous. 180USD for Monday thru Wednesday (and that's at a rental office away from the airport).

Are the roads to the hiking sites completely paved? Or should I rent an SUV? I'm looking to save as much money as possible here.

--

And honestly, I don't necessarily need to do outdoorsy things while I'm in Utah-- but it just seems like that's what I should be doing with my time while I'm there. Only so much to see in Salt Lake City at the end of April.

****ty thing is that I'm 23 turning 24 in September so the cost for rentals is ridiculous. 180USD for Monday thru Wednesday (and that's at a rental office away from the airport).

Are the roads to the hiking sites completely paved? Or should I rent an SUV? I'm looking to save as much money as possible here.

--

And honestly, I don't necessarily need to do outdoorsy things while I'm in Utah-- but it just seems like that's what I should be doing with my time while I'm there. Only so much to see in Salt Lake City at the end of April.

There are plenty of paved roads to trail heads. Getting to the off site car rental places isnt too bad they usually pick you up from the airport. I wont know for another week or so but if I am off work any of those days I would be happy to pick you up or give you a ride. I am for sure not working that Saturday/Sunday.

There are plenty of paved roads to trail heads. Getting to the off site car rental places isnt too bad they usually pick you up from the airport. I wont know for another week or so but if I am off work any of those days I would be happy to pick you up or give you a ride. I am for sure not working that Saturday/Sunday.

Really don't want to burden you, or anyone else here-- I love using any public transit, so getting to any of the rental places within SLC won't be a big deal whatsoever.

It's hard to say when the hiking will be, so I'm going to hold off rentals until the Jazz playoff dates get figured out.

If the date holds, i'll be driving Monday to Wednesday, probably for day trips. Maybe a 2.5-day backpacking thing. Who knows.

Really don't want to burden you, or anyone else here-- I love using any public transit, so getting to any of the rental places within SLC won't be a big deal whatsoever.

It's hard to say when the hiking will be, so I'm going to hold off rentals until the Jazz playoff dates get figured out.

If the date holds, i'll be driving Monday to Wednesday, probably for day trips. Maybe a 2.5-day backpacking thing. Who knows.

Ill let you know when it gets closer. I would be up for a hike or outdoor activity if I am free those days.

Psyched. I just booked my stay at the Marriott Vacation Clubs in PC. 6 nights in one there and 3 nights in another. I'm covered for the nights of the 14th-22nd.

Got a two bedroom so if anyone needs to crash they're more than welcome. I'm not Siro'ing any of you either. Please don't think that.

Love you, Siro. Just not that way.
You going to be here that whole time or just cancel some days once we know how the season shakes out.

Hey gang.

--

Thank u heaps and heaps

Dal
Yes I'm still planning on taking you hiking to the hot springs.

You will definitely need to rent a car to go to those parks.

utah will be gorgeous that time of year. Spring in utah is the best.

Ill let you know when it gets closer. I would be up for a hike or outdoor activity if I am free those days.
You said you are off that sunday. Come hiking with us to the hot springs