What's new

Interesting Article On Rudy Haters.

Pippen gave up on his team by trying to get paid? Dude, take MJ's ****tail out of your mouth for a sec.

Pippen was making like $4 million a year while MJ was making $35+. Pippen has always been disrespected.

You do realize that at one point Ostertag made more money per year than Malone? You realize this **** happens all the time?

I give weight to logic. MJ was less than TMac without Pippen yet Pippen is a footnote to this massive conglomerate driven agenda to promote Michael Jordan as some sort of God. Hell, Pippen even called out MJ for using his own company to make the Last Dance. There is zero objectivity.

As for Rudy, a number of factors led to use his rep. Most of which is we live in a NBA culture where it's cool to mock people. Rudy cried, beat Draymond in DPOY and Draymond has a voice to mock Rudy. It sucks.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
You lost everyone, I mean everyone, not just here but in the universe, with "MJ was less than TMac". You obviously never watched him play in his early years. TMac was gum on his shoe by comparison. I know that was meant to be hyperbole, but sometimes hyperbole is just ridiculous on its face.

By this logic, Malone was less than Boozer without Hornacek, since it took Hornacek as the missing piece to help get them to the finals. Or Olajuwon was less than either of the Lopez brothers without Drexler. Or Giannis was less than Wiggins because it took Middleton to get them their rings. Every star has a sidekick to get to the promised land, No one does it alone. But to deny greatness because they needed a team in, you know, a team sport, is just ridiculous in the extreme.

You lost everyone, I mean everyone, not just here but in the universe, with "MJ was less than TMac". You obviously never watched him play in his early years. TMac was gum on his shoe by comparison. I know that was meant to be hyperbole, but sometimes hyperbole is just ridiculous on its face.

By this logic, Malone was less than Boozer without Hornacek, since it took Hornacek as the missing piece to help get them to the finals. Or Olajuwon was less than either of the Lopez brothers without Drexler. Or Giannis was less than Wiggins because it took Middleton to get them their rings. Every star has a sidekick to get to the promised land, No one does it alone. But to deny greatness because they needed a team in, you know, a team sport, is just ridiculous in the extreme.
Important to note that Hakeem won his first ring without Drexler and maybe the only player to win a ring without another all-star on the team (certainly one of the only times it has happened).

I give weight to logic. MJ was less than TMac without Pippen yet Pippen is a footnote to this massive conglomerate driven agenda to promote Michael Jordan as some sort of God. Hell, Pippen even called out MJ for using his own company to make the Last Dance. There is zero objectivity.

As for Rudy, a number of factors led to use his rep. Most of which is we live in a NBA culture where it's cool to mock people. Rudy cried, beat Draymond in DPOY and Draymond has a voice to mock Rudy. It sucks.

Lmfao

Pippen was one game from the Eastern Conference Finals WITHOUT MJ. I think you have completely missed the point of what I was saying.

Pippen was one game from the Eastern Conference Finals WITHOUT MJ. I think you have completely missed the point of what I was saying.

You missed the point of what I was saying about your actual words.

You lost everyone, I mean everyone, not just here but in the universe, with "MJ was less than TMac".

Lopo is definitely the board's main contrarian now.
It's funny - I agree with unfair nature of Rudy's treatment by his peers. And I also can't stand Draymond.

I'm just not going to sit here while another outlandish claim is made. Literally, somebody said Rudy is the most disrespected superstar of all time. I mean cmon on many levels.

It's funny - I agree with unfair nature of Rudy's treatment by his peers. And I also can't stand Draymond.

I'm just not going to sit here while another outlandish claim is made. Literally, somebody said Rudy is the most disrespected superstar of all time. I mean cmon on many levels.

The entire article is about the disrespect of Rudy Gobert amongst his peers. I said, in direct response to the article, and even clarified when it went over your head initially, that he is the most disrespected superstar of all time amongst his peers.

Everybody else got it. You're the only one who didn't. And you derailed the entire thread to argue about it - great job.

You derailed another thread with some BS that doesnt even make sense, and I wasnt even involved lmao.

Not a single person has agreed with you in this entire thread. We all feel like this after your weird *** Pippen thing.

everyone-in-this-room-is-now-dumber-for-having-listened-to-it.gif

MJ was a scoring powerhouse with 3 losing seasons and a 1-9 playoff record without Pippen.

Tell me how he was something more than TMac. Oh, one 63 point game in a loss to Boston?

So your argument is that, since Jordan didn't win a championship in his first 3 years in the league, considering the reason the Bulls got him was they sucked enough as a team to get a high draft pick, he is less than TMac as a player overall? Seriously? This is the hill you want to die on? Weird.

(literally the first google result, there are a lot)

Michael Jordan’s rookie year accomplishments​

Michael Jordan was selected as both an All-Star Starter and as the NBA Rookie of the Year during his first year in the NBA. During this season, he led the Chicago Bulls in scoring, rebounds, assists, and steals while setting a franchise record for points scored in a season. His numbers for the season were: 28.2 points per game, 6.5 rebounds per game, 5.9 assists per game, and 2.39 steals per game.
TMac never averaged more than 1.7 steals his entire career. Jordan averaged over 2 for his entire career, and made multiple all-defensive teams, 9 in fact. Good thing Pippen helped him be such a good defensive player, amirite?

Michael Jordan’s First Playoff Appearance​

After not making the Playoffs before, Chicago would go on to play Milwaukee in the postseason during Jordan’s rookie year. During this series, the Bulls would win game three with a 109-107 victory where MJ would score 35 points, get eight rebounds, seven assists, and four steels while shooting a total of 16 free throws. During game four, he would shoot a total of 20 free throws in the game with Milwaukee wining the series 3-1.

This is fun, here is Jordan and McGrady both at age 21. The difference? Jordan was a rookie, and McGrady was a 4th year player:

1645730505008.png

Shall we go deeper? How many all-defensive teams did McGrady get selected to? Jordan was selected to his first All-NBA 1st team the year BEFORE Pippen was drafted. Must have been a fluke. But Pippen had such a huge impact on making Michael better than he really was posing to be since Michael won his first MVP the year Pippen was drafted. What an impact for a rookie! To be able to propel an ordinary "scoring machine" to the heights of MVP, imagine that? In fact let's look at the accolades for Michael that year:

1645731298881.png

The impact of Pippen in his rookie year cannot be understated apparently. He made Michael win DPOY, be selected to 2 all-nba teams, win MVP, and even the slam dunk contest!! Good thing for Michael that Pippen was drafted that year, otherwise he would have probably had none of that.

Guess how many accolades TMac won? 1 - Most Improved Player. LOL

Let's do one last comparison, McGrady at age 24 (7th year in the league) and Jordan at age 24 (4th year in the league). You know, the year Jordan won MVP and DPOY. Minor spoiler, TMac won neither of those.

1645731572750.png
Jordan 1.6 blocks and 3.2 steals. Such a one-dimensional player!! Oh I almost forgot, he had rookie Pippen to inflate all of his numbers and his impact. What a slouch!

Really you are completely bass-ackwards about all this. Jordan made Pippen the player he was, not the other way around.

And Jordan HANDILY out-performs McGrady in literally every statistical category except one, 3 PT %. Jordan had a career mark of 32.7% with a high season at 50%, and TMac had a career mark of 33.8% with a high season of 46%.

This is just so dumb. Less than TMac. Seriously.

Do we really have to argue biggest ever, greatest ever, bla bla bla. It's so subjective.

I don't remember Pippen being disrespected but back then it was a different world. It was competitive. Players would not form/force a super team, but at the same time the championship teams did have 2-3 superstars or great players and some good role players in order to win. Players on another team would not go out in the offseason and ride banana boats with opposing players that I know of. They talked trash for sure, but it seemed to be more on the court. Now the players are a fraternity where they hang out, chug whatever together, party at the same places, sign the shoe deals, and dap it up while swapping jerseys. Gobert's attitude probably leans a bit more old school. He doesn't dap, he doesn't laugh with them, do the same things, sign the same shoe deals, or go to the same clubs. He's not a networker, and he's not in their club. They left him alone until something bothered one of them and it's cool these days to go all Cobra Cai as a group on someone you don't like. It's really the NBA in club, mean girls version of bullying.
It's pretty stupid.

Pippen didn't have to deal with that. He gets to deal with being under appreciated for how good he was, and the repercussions of having been on a MJ team and the life long fun that will be. MJ was great, but he's still a douche, then and now. I really don't see Bird, Magic, McHale, Worthy, Kerr, Malone, Stockton, Drexler, Hakeem, Wilkins, and Isiah Thomas mocking him in the press and giving him jabs.

What do I know though. I could be wrong on Pippen behind the scenes but I have not seen it in the media.

You derailed another thread with some BS that doesnt even make sense, and I wasnt even involved lmao.

Not a single person has agreed with you in this entire thread. We all feel like this after your weird *** Pippen thing.

everyone-in-this-room-is-now-dumber-for-having-listened-to-it.gif
No dumber than listening to some of your "opinions" lately. I would give you the edge tbh with your DM hate and Titanic talk. I feel dumber after those for sure.

No one made you open those threads
What if I told you that your posts were reported for stupidity and I was forced to open those threads?

Don't derail the thread. I hate it when people do that.

Where were we, oh yea, being jealous of LoPo's contrarian role takeover. Not cool.

So your argument is that, since Jordan didn't win a championship in his first 3 years in the league, considering the reason the Bulls got him was they sucked enough as a team to get a high draft pick, he is less than TMac as a player overall? Seriously? This is the hill you want to die on? Weird.

(literally the first google result, there are a lot)

TMac never averaged more than 1.7 steals his entire career. Jordan averaged over 2 for his entire career, and made multiple all-defensive teams, 9 in fact. Good thing Pippen helped him be such a good defensive player, amirite?

This is fun, here is Jordan and McGrady both at age 21. The difference? Jordan was a rookie, and McGrady was a 4th year player:

View attachment 11763

Shall we go deeper? How many all-defensive teams did McGrady get selected to? Jordan was selected to his first All-NBA 1st team the year BEFORE Pippen was drafted. Must have been a fluke. But Pippen had such a huge impact on making Michael better than he really was posing to be since Michael won his first MVP the year Pippen was drafted. What an impact for a rookie! To be able to propel an ordinary "scoring machine" to the heights of MVP, imagine that? In fact let's look at the accolades for Michael that year:

View attachment 11764

The impact of Pippen in his rookie year cannot be understated apparently. He made Michael win DPOY, be selected to 2 all-nba teams, win MVP, and even the slam dunk contest!! Good thing for Michael that Pippen was drafted that year, otherwise he would have probably had none of that.

Guess how many accolades TMac won? 1 - Most Improved Player. LOL

Let's do one last comparison, McGrady at age 24 (7th year in the league) and Jordan at age 24 (4th year in the league). You know, the year Jordan won MVP and DPOY. Minor spoiler, TMac won neither of those.

View attachment 11765
Jordan 1.6 blocks and 3.2 steals. Such a one-dimensional player!! Oh I almost forgot, he had rookie Pippen to inflate all of his numbers and his impact. What a slouch!

Really you are completely bass-ackwards about all this. Jordan made Pippen the player he was, not the other way around.

And Jordan HANDILY out-performs McGrady in literally every statistical category except one, 3 PT %. Jordan had a career mark of 32.7% with a high season at 50%, and TMac had a career mark of 33.8% with a high season of 46%.

This is just so dumb. Less than TMac. Seriously.
This was an interesting read. I never said TMac was better. I simply was saying that before MJ had Pippen, he had some cute stats and accomplishments but none of the things that people define him has now - some elite winner. Nah, MJ had to have Pippen for wins in this league.

MJ had 5 seasons in his career without Pippen, but nobody ever ever talks about those. They spend all day talking about the 10 seasons winning with Pippen, but never talk about Pippen. That goes for his peers, media, pundits, everybody. It's as if MJ played by himself. That's disrespect. The MJ Goat debate never includes MJ being helped by one of the greatest of all time - Scottie Pippen.

"It is clear that his destiny is, instead —for reasons more elemental than explainable— to remain a clown in the circus that people make of the NBA."
Seriuosly?