What's new

Interesting Article On Rudy Haters.

Not better than Iverson, Thomas, Barkley, Garnett, or Giannis. I’ll give you Paul and Robinson, but it’s not by much, so if a list has them ahead, in my experience no lists are perfect, but I can live with Robinson and Paul ahead.
Pippen's legacy has been held down for so long that you actually believe what you typed.

It's funny how Magic and Kareem are both top 10 caliber guys who had success based off of each other with the help of #56 James Worthy yet still receive respect but Pippen wins more titles than Magic and Worthy and as many as Kareem but all the respect goes to Jordan.

David James brought this article up to Ingles yesterday during an interview. Joe said Draymond's just salty because he's only won one defensive player of the year award and Rudy's won three. Said he doesn't understand why everyone hates Rudy because he's a hell of a player and a really good guy off the court. Said everyone who actually understands basketball knows the impact he makes.

After reading such a futile article piling up one arbitrary perception after another, I like the big fella even more.
Dray's just Dray. He'll do and say Dray things. Dude's got Rudy under the skin. It's ok, I can understand it.
But this article is just as vain as it can be. Almost seem personal. Probably Rudy did something to him too... I don't know... one can guess I guess....

I can't believe people got dragged in and allowed this thread to become more about Pippen than Rudy, I'm still not entirely sure if that was Lopo's plan all along this being a Gobert thread. Not saying he hates Gobert (like Oneye hates Mitchell) but he does prefer to talk about Mitchell and can sometimes be dismissive of Gobert.

With that out of the way.

For whatever reasons GSW in general has had a bit of a beef with Utah going back to the Dwill days. Then when Quin was hired and GSW was just hitting their stride I remember Green, Iggy and some of the vets being visibly upset with Quin and the Jazz when he was trying to coach his team during a blowout (calling time outs). Then of course the nightlife comments and then the more recent Green commenting about Gobert not making the AS game to last weekends comments.

Personally I am fine if Gobert never says one thing in reply to it and internalizes it and takes it out on Green or more GSW on the court. It can be difficult and take more restrained than it may deserve but I would also prefer if Gobert instead of being in your face or hyped reaction has a more "just another play" blase blase reaction when he makes big plays against Green and GSW. Like the article says really lean into the anti typical NBA player role as I think that may mess with Green even more than anything Rudy could say. Like his actions are saying it for him. You. Are. Not. Worth. My. Time. To respond to.

Pippen never got past the second round without Jordan, and got booted from the first on a team with Barkley and Olajuwan. Even Robinson got to the conference finals before Duncan showed up.
Jordan only won one playoff game his entire career without Pippen. One playoff win in 5 seasons One.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Showing how silly this whole discussion is. Thank you.
Your argument was that Pippen never made it past the 2nd round without Jordan.

I said MJ never won a 2nd game in the first round ever. So he needed Pippen to even make it to the 2nd round.

And I'm silly? Really? Use some logic buddy.

Looking back at it, it is pretty obvious that neither Jordan nor Pippen win in the playoffs without Horace Grant. In '94 Grant is an all-star but just can't carry Pippen's dead weight through the playoffs anymore so he moves on and they bring in Kukoc who carries both Jordan and Pippen to 3 more championships. Man Pippen and Jordan would have been nothing without Grant and Kukoc. They never won a single championship without one of those guys on their team.

Looking back at it, it is pretty obvious that neither Jordan nor Pippen win in the playoffs without Horace Grant. In '94 Grant is an all-star but just can't carry Pippen's dead weight through the playoffs anymore so he moves on and they bring in Kukoc who carries both Jordan and Pippen to 3 more championships. Man Pippen and Jordan would have been nothing without Grant and Kukoc. They never won a single championship without one of those guys on their team.
Your sarcasm is noted.

You don't find it interesting at all that the Bulls win 57 games and win a title then the "goat" gambles his way to baseball and Pippen leads the team to 55 wins and a playoff series win the next year?

Remember, the Bulls replaced MJ with Randy Livingston.

Your sarcasm is noted.

You don't find it interesting at all that the Bulls win 57 games and win a title then the "goat" gambles his way to baseball and Pippen leads the team to 55 wins and a playoff series win the next year?

Remember, the Bulls replaced MJ with Randy Livingston.

I find it exactly what I would expect. If you want to see a team centered on a dynamic superstar that is not made for the finals, see the current Utah Jazz. It is a team that wins championships, not a single player. That team was well-constructed and they had a Horace Grant that put up an all-star season as well as Pippen as an all-star. I fully expect a team built for the finals with 2 all-stars to be successful. Did they win the ring? No, the secret sauce was Michael Jordan. Did they win the ring the next year? No, and they dropped below 50 wins. Did they win the ring the very first full season Jordan came back? Yep. In fact his first year back they set the then single-season record for wins. Was the driving force Pippen or Jordan? I guess no one will ever know.

Get this, Jordan came back at the end of the 94-95 season and played in the last 17 games. When he got there their record was 34-31. Pippen the powerhouse led them to winning record at least!! When Jordan got there, even not having been playing ball for nearly 2 years, he lead them to a 13-4 record, and they ended at 47-35. Went from 3 games over .500 to 12 games in just the last 17 games of the season. Good thing Pippen was there to make Jordan look good in that stretch, amirite? And literally the only change on that team was adding Jordan. that's it. Then the very next year, with almost the same team, + Jordan they went from a certain .500 team and possibly missing the playoffs (you know, how Pippen left it before Jordan got back the year before) to winning 72 games, the most ever in a single season to that point, and arguably the most dominant team in league history.

By the way, Pippen did play with what could be seen as an early super-team with Barkley and Olajuwon, and they went no where.

Pippen was a great player, no doubt. Deserves to be among the 75 best in league history, but he was no superstar, and DEFINITELY no Michael Jordan.

Basically played it perfect. Took the high road... showed he didn't really care... but added the "I mean if he keeps using his platform to talk about me then I guess I must be doing something right". So keep talking **** and show how truly jealous you are. Also added the "it really doesn't make you cool if you tear someone else down" line. Unfortunately he was measured, logical, and calm... so no one in the media will gravitate to the comment.

Green's non-Rudy quotes were pretty cringy this week... goes at Barnes a little and says he could have been the finals MVP... on there complaining about not making top-75... just stop. He's good but without Steph/KD he wouldn't have half the resume he does. He's not top 150 in any statistical category all-time... why does he feel he got "snubbed".

All this dram with Draymond kind of makes me resent Quins comments about him a couple of months ago when we played the Warriors...heaping praise on him and saying he should be in the MVP conversation this year.

All this dram with Draymond kind of makes me resent Quins comments about him a couple of months ago when we played the Warriors...heaping praise on him and saying he should be in the MVP conversation this year.
Not me, take the high road, show respect and it makes it look all the worse when Green does and says what he says. Not that it get national media attention when the Jazz take the high road or when Quin does especially since it was a month or 2 back but Jazz show him praise and he shows his *** by disrespecting Rudy in turn.

Make all the excuses you want - MJ has a losing season every season without Scottie Pippen. And a 1-10 playoff record.

If Kareem, or Russell, or LBJ or Kobe had a losing record without a certain teammate, you could bet your *** that fact would be brought up all the time to bash their legacy. With MJ, we just let it all slide.....
How many of them won a championship in their first 3 years?

It's okay you think he's worse than Tracy. So there's really nothing you can say legit anymore.

Your argument was that Pippen never made it past the 2nd round without Jordan.
That's not an argument, it's a plain fact, which could be used to support or rebut an argument. It supported my argument quite well, as you demonstrated.

And I'm silly? Really?
No, your argument is silly. Every human makes silly arguments from time to time. You are human, right?

Use some logic buddy.
You don't want to go there. I will happily type out 1,000 words or so on logic, what it can be used for, and what it can't. You'll be too out of your depth to understand it, and embarrass yourself even more.

Not me, take the high road, show respect and it makes it look all the worse when Green does and says what he says. Not that it get national media attention when the Jazz take the high road or when Quin does especially since it was a month or 2 back but Jazz show him praise and he shows his *** by disrespecting Rudy in turn.
Taking the high road never gets attention, because it can't be used to shock people or piss people off. We are a degenerate society that values anti-social behaviors for their shock, anger, and entertainment values. No popular news story involves reasoned discussion and dispassionate logical points or people behaving *gasp* rationally. Minor retweets is about all that gets you.