What's new

Interesting Locke stats

yeah, that was a really frustrating listen. locke's tone is pretty patronising when dealing with anything querying ty's or the front offices' decision-making.

I agree... normally I like Locke but he was especially awful this morning. When he was pooh-poohing the "going with youth" idea I wanted to ask him, "So, what's your suggestion for improving this team? Or do you think we should continue with the status quo?"

Any idea what team(s) those minutes were against and in what context?

A bulk of it would have been against Detroit at Auburn Hills. I was at the game - that's the reason I remember it so well. Burks was just coming out of the doghouse at that time with Corbin. He hadn't played at all, then played a stretch of games - 4 or 5- with limited minutes before this game where he played 25 minutes or so. I think Detroit was going into this game with a 4 game win streak and were playing pretty well at the time.

But that combo - Millsap, Jefferson, Hayward, Foye, and Burks is what helped bring the Jazz back in the 2nd half after an awful 1st half where the team had really low energy and Detroit was doing whatever they wanted. Favors/Carroll were in the mix with that lineup as well. I remember a really nice run, a faster paced game (even with Jefferson)....and that is was really fun to watch....but never to be seen again I guess.

Here is the highlight from the game - there are a few plays here with that exact combo @ :33 - 1:12, then 1:30-1:45. Too bad Hayward missed that dunk or they would have been +28 against opponents.

[video=youtube_share;P3U_t59nwjU]https://youtu.be/P3U_t59nwjU

John Locke looks like the biggest tool, and talks like one too.

He pitches some amazing story about how good the Jazz look in the offseason, and still keeps on homerizing this team..

Why do the Jazz have to be so idiotic, from the team to the organization? Why us!?

A bulk of it would have been against Detroit at Auburn Hills. I was at the game - that's the reason I remember it so well. Burks was just coming out of the doghouse at that time with Corbin. He hadn't played at all, then played a stretch of games - 4 or 5- with limited minutes before this game where he played 25 minutes or so. I think Detroit was going into this game with a 4 game win streak and were playing pretty well at the time.

But that combo - Millsap, Jefferson, Hayward, Foye, and Burks is what helped bring the Jazz back in the 2nd half after an awful 1st half where the team had really low energy and Detroit was doing whatever they wanted. Favors/Carroll were in the mix with that lineup as well. I remember a really nice run, a faster paced game (even with Jefferson)....and that is was really fun to watch....but never to be seen again I guess.

Here is the highlight from the game - there are a few plays here with that exact combo @ :33 - 1:12, then 1:30-1:45. Too bad Hayward missed that dunk or they would have been +28 against opponents.

[video=youtube_share;P3U_t59nwjU]https://youtu.be/P3U_t59nwjU

Thanks man.

I listened to that interview and I thought "Oconnor must have told Locke to sell the vets really hard no matter what". He was horrible, definitely a company shill.