What's new

Is Exum The Worst Player in The NBA Who Gets Minutes?

What's weird about Exum is that when teams did their psych/personality tests on him, there were reports that he came out in the elite percentile as far as mental toughness/competitiveness. Scores that reminded them of a Kobe personality. Now he plays so timid. The jump to the NBA from Aussie kid ball has obviously been as steep of a learning curve as there could be. I think that killer instinct is still inside Exum, but his transition to the NBA has been a shell shock for him, so we're not seeing it right now.

Hopefully he buffs up this summer (I think his frail body makes him scared to take a hit and risk injury, thus he doesn't even try to score when driving), develops more skills, and let's the game come to him. A year in the NBA should help him calm down, show him what he needs to work on to then come back next season and stop playing like a scared ****.

I'll reserve judgement on him for now, but if he doesn't show dramatic improvement by this time next year, we've really got something to worry about. He's definitely got the most to prove out of anyone on the team. But I have faith in him.

Where did you read that? The only such story I remember is from the Bucks psychologist, who said they passed on Exum because they wanted someone with more mental toughness and determination.

A bunch of little bitches on here. He's not playing well, but he's also had FAR FAR FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR less experience than anyone else in the draft and has a much higher ceiling. Who the **** else would you have h ad the jazz pick you god damned morons?

Where did you read that? The only such story I remember is from the Bucks psychologist, who said they passed on Exum because they wanted someone with more mental toughness and determination.

I remember hearing it around the time of the combine. I feel like I heard/read it from multiple sources. I'll see if I can dig anything up when I have time later today.

A bunch of little bitches on here. He's not playing well, but he's also had FAR FAR FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR less experience than anyone else in the draft and has a much higher ceiling. Who the **** else would you have h ad the jazz pick you god damned morons?

It should be FAAAAAAR, not FARRRRR.

I remember hearing it around the time of the combine. I feel like I heard/read it from multiple sources. I'll see if I can dig anything up when I have time later today.

It came from a single source whose credibility and integrity recently was put into question. The part about the psych tests was leaked in a Grantland podcast with Chad Ford:

Go to 33:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRPg3f3lPiQ

Locke made what I thought was an apt comparison when he said Dante Exum reminds him of Ricky Rubio. I think Dante is a little quicker and a better shooter.

Lol "With Exum I think badass is the right word"

lolololololololololololol

I hope he develops some of this badass.

Do you guys think Dante could average 6+ assists, 1+ steals, 4+ rebounds, and be an excellent defender someday?

Your mom

Do you guys think Dante could average 6+ assists, 1+ steals, 4+ rebounds, and be an excellent defender someday?
Yes there is a chance he could
Also a chance he couldn't though

Locke made what I thought was an apt comparison when he said Dante Exum reminds him of Ricky Rubio. I think Dante is a little quicker and a better shooter.
As usual Locke is a Moran. Rubio is a playmaker. The last thing he's ever done is stand around the three point line and swing the ball side to side. Exum shoots mostly threes. Rubio doesn't. Rubio has his faults, but they are completely different players.

As usual Locke is a Moran. Rubio is a playmaker. The last thing he's ever done is stand around the three point line and swing the ball side to side. Exum shoots mostly threes. Rubio doesn't. Rubio has his faults, but they are completely different players.

And Rubio had been playing against really good full grown men since he was 14. Outside of Utah everyone thinks Exum is far ahead of where they thought he'd be. Chill out whiny bitches.

And Rubio had been playing against really good full grown men since he was 14. Outside of Utah everyone thinks Exum is far ahead of where they thought he'd be. Chill out whiny bitches.

As if those you are referring to actually spend their time watching Jazz games? Yeah right.

As if those you are referring to actually spend their time watching Jazz games? Yeah right.

Exum was projected to be the biggest project in the draft. He's playing very solid sometimes and very bland sometimes. He's not hurting the team, imo, but has shown flashes of what he can be. I think Jazz fans forget he was supposed to be the farthest from his ceiling out of anyone.