What's new

Is Exum The Worst Player in The NBA Who Gets Minutes?

Apparently ESPN thinks that Exum Stauskus and LaVine are the worst rotation players in the league. Not Exum. Phew, we really dodged a bullet there...

https://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12250482/three-rookies-need-major-adjustments

Its and insider article. I will post the parts about LaVine and Stauskus.

Good hell. How do these writers get jobs at ESPN. It's like the only qualification is just be able to write, but you don't have know anything about basketball. All these advanced statistics are turning people retarded. What the hell do they really have to do with rookies? Especially ones in bad situations not getting opportunities?

I'd bet my left nut that both Stauskas and Lavine turn into good rotation players. If either one of these players were in different situations getting 38 minutes a night, they would both have high PER numbers, even as rookies.

The Kings and the Twolves are both pathetic organizations with their heads up their asses. That will be the only reasons these two players don't turn into anything.

Minutes, coaching, teamates, roles , etc... has so much to do with how a player looks in the numbers. You can't quantify talent. You have to be able to spot it and develop it. These are real life human beings with a moldable future. Not some video game player with a pre determined future. You don't draft someone based on all the scouting you do, then turn around and throw it out the window the minute it doesn't work. You figure out why it's not working. If your team keeps sucking year after year, and your player's keep busting, maybe it's not the players, maybe it's ownership and management. Their is a reason why the bad teams are always bad. It can't be constant bad luck.

Do you guys think Dante could average 6+ assists, 1+ steals, 4+ rebounds, and be an excellent defender someday?

With Dante everything depends on whether or not he will be able to become assertive enough and to finish around the rim. This simple offensive aspect of his game, I think, will dictate how his career develops. If he does become a threat around the rim, this opens a ton of chances for him to create offense and scoring opportunities, both for himself and for the team. His drive and kick and drive and dish opportunities are predicated on him being a threat to finish at the rim. If he can't do it, he will simply bust - if he can't drive and finish at the rim, he will be an extremely limited player, who might stick for his defense, but will be a complete liability in offense.

Damn, that depresses me. It's shocking that we even talk about a player who supposedly could get anywhere on the floor with the ball due to his quickness as a potential offensive liability. There is a ton of work he needs to put in in the off-season, but the biggest change have to be in his head. He simply can't go out there and be scared ****less to attack the rim.

Exum needs to do some Chris Paul dribbling skill practices everyday, even after games. There is no excuse for him not knowing how to dribble. I don't care if he's 19. If you're a point guard in the NBA, you should have known how to dribble well since middle school.

Whenever anyone pressure defends him, he always turns his back like a scared chicken. He can't size up anyone and stare them in the eye, even when he's guarded by ****ty defenders. Hell even Ian Clark can look forward while dribbling against a defender.

Why isn't someone on here running an alt by the name of EXUM PANIC or something of that sort?

What I find especially entertaining is that the people who are leading the panic are the same people who were loudly leading the campaign to "play youth over vets." Now, youth is getting his burn, looking like a youth (shocking!), and people are having problems.

82 NBA games is grueling

Good hell. How do these writers get jobs at ESPN. It's like the only qualification is just be able to write, but you don't have know anything about basketball. All these advanced statistics are turning people retarded. What the hell do they really have to do with rookies? Especially ones in bad situations not getting opportunities?

I'd bet my left nut that both Stauskas and Lavine turn into good rotation players. If either one of these players were in different situations getting 38 minutes a night, they would both have high PER numbers, even as rookies.

The Kings and the Twolves are both pathetic organizations with their heads up their asses. That will be the only reasons these two players don't turn into anything.

Minutes, coaching, teamates, roles , etc... has so much to do with how a player looks in the numbers. You can't quantify talent. You have to be able to spot it and develop it. These are real life human beings with a moldable future. Not some video game player with a pre determined future. You don't draft someone based on all the scouting you do, then turn around and throw it out the window the minute it doesn't work. You figure out why it's not working. If your team keeps sucking year after year, and your player's keep busting, maybe it's not the players, maybe it's ownership and management. Their is a reason why the bad teams are always bad. It can't be constant bad luck.

honest question: how many minutes of LaVine did you watch last year while he was at UCLA?

Here's what you would have seen: a contact-adverse track star who was years away from NBA-level skills.

Stauskas has Trey-Burke disease: enough speed and shake to create in college, but not enough to do it consistently in the NBA. And, moreover, smart scouts were talking about his defensive ineptitudes. Those things are keeping him off the floor. Those people know more than you.

It astounds me how much you claim to know..... and how obvious you think things are....... when you know jack ****. You should try gaining some personal experience with regards to the things you make claims about. Otherwise, you'll continue to sound like a blowhard.

Thorpe is actually a pretty credible development coach. Most of what he says has merit. I haven't watched stauskus or lavine, but I have heard they really suck.

honest question: how many minutes of LaVine did you watch last year while he was at UCLA?

Here's what you would have seen: a contact-adverse track star who was years away from NBA-level skills.

Stauskas has Trey-Burke disease: enough speed and shake to create in college, but not enough to do it consistently in the NBA. And, moreover, smart scouts were talking about his defensive ineptitudes. Those things are keeping him off the floor. Those people know more than you.

It astounds me how much you claim to know..... and how obvious you think things are....... when you know jack ****. You should try gaining some personal experience with regards to the things you make claims about. Otherwise, you'll continue to sound like a blowhard.

Keep eating those boogers bro.

Zach Lavine is gonna be a star.

I'm just gonna bump this thread 3 years from now and show you what tool you really are.

This stuff comes easy to me. You just take your cues from others.

Stick around. I'm going to.

Keep digging yourself a deeper hole.

Tell us all how Zach Lavine is athlete only. I'm all ears.

Stauskas will stick because he can shoot lights out. His athleticism is good enough. He might not be a star, but he's a nice piece to have.

Book it. Quote it for truth. Do what you gotta do.

I'm just gonna bump this thread 3 years from now and show you what tool you really are.

Stauskas will stick because he can shoot lights out. His athleticism is good enough. He might not be a star, but he's a nice piece to have.

You really wanna hitch your train to stauskus and lavine?

over his last 5 games (all starts), Dante is averaging:

24 mins, 1.2 ppg, 1 to, 0.8 stl, 2 apg, 2 reb on 9%fg, 12.5%3pt, and has attempted 0 ft's. Honestly one of the worst stretches i can think of for any player in that amount of floor time.

Yes!!!

Sure you wanna hitch your train to NAOS?
come on bro. Naos is a dick, but he is usually not dumb about basketball. Do you really think lavine is going to be a star? And stauskus will end up better than jimner? If so, why does it matter? They aren't on the jazz, and they do pretty much suck right now, even worse than our crappy high draft pick that will be awesome one day.

Why isn't someone on here running an alt by the name of EXUM PANIC or something of that sort?

What I find especially entertaining is that the people who are leading the panic are the same people who were loudly leading the campaign to "play youth over vets." Now, youth is getting his burn, looking like a youth (shocking!), and people are having problems.

82 NBA games is grueling

How is it that you justify Exum sucking and just needing patience but when it comes to Stauskas and Lavine, well, they are just busts, there is no hope for them??

Where is the logic in that?

Accord to the almighty ESPN writer, Exum sucks too.

Consistency please...

How is it that you justify Exum sucking and just needing patience but when it comes to Stauskas and Lavine, well, they are just busts, there is no hope for them??

Consistency please...
Cuz Stauskus can't play defense.

Hack, I asked myself that question about exum, and the only thing I could come up with that neither lavine or stauskus has is a brain. You won't see exum taking contested 21' jumpers early in the shot clock, or not making the pass to an open team mate. They all suck, but lavine and stauskus need to make some major changes in their decision making. Exum needs to grow some balls and get some hair on his chest.

Cuz Stauskus can't play defense.

Hi s main skill isn't defense. I'm all about defense, but I can make an exception for wing shooter. I won't for a big.

Plus he is extremely young, he can get stronger.

Hack, I asked myself that question about exum, and the only thing I could come up with that neither lavine or stauskus has is a brain. You won't see exum taking contested 21' jumpers early in the shot clock, or not making the pass to an open team mate. They all suck, but lavine and stauskus need to make some major changes in their decision making. Exum needs to grow some balls and get some hair on his chest.

Where on earth are you getting that Lavine and Stauskas are dumb? They just started their careers. It takes time to be coached up on how to play in the NBA. Not all coaches are created equal either.

It's seriously a stretch to start calling them dumb at this point.

You really gotta stop believing the crap the ESPN writers put out.

Chad Ford who has been pimped around here constantly has just been caught rigging his rankings. That should tell you all you need to know.

They get it wrong all the time. An ESPN badge doesn't make you an expert. Far from it.

I noticed that you didn't answer my question. How many minutes of actual UCLA basketball did you watch last year? Just give us an approximate number. How many those minutes featured Zach Lavine?

Consistency please...

Can you read? Srs. Where did I say that Stauskas and Lavine were busts? WHERE??? Please be specific.

I said they were struggling with things that many well-informed people said they would struggle with. I'm being consistent because I have the same views on Exum.

Back